+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

desiboy

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Has anyone tried to withdraw the tourist visa application recently. I am wondering how long it takes to get the passport back if the withdrawal application is filled

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
I received my passport today
application submitted on: Oct 22, 2022
Form A requested and submitted: Nov 24
Visa issued on Dec 21
Passport received on: Dec 29, 2022

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
Has anyone tried to withdraw the tourist visa application recently. I am wondering how long it takes to get the passport back if the withdrawal application is filled
I asked BLS about this and they said application can only be withdrawn if it's still with them. If it's gone to the consulate then there is nothing you can do but wait. And if you are able to withdraw it they'll send the application and passport back to you using the return courier if you paid for it) or ready for collection within 2-4 days

anotherguy123

Nov 24, 2022
Is anyone here who applied for their Entry or Tourist visa in December through Vancouver CGI and already received it?

Here is my timeline for my Entry Visa:

Dec 5: Postal Application sent from Calgary
Dec 6: Delivered at BLS Surrey (Purolator Website)
Dec 7 - Dec 16: Status - "No records found". (BLS Website) Multiple calls to ask about my application status and to open my application.
Dec 17: Status changed to "Under processing" on BLS Portal and IndiaVisa. Got an email that my Visa application is accepted and my passport is with an agent.
Dec 19: Status updated to "In transit from BLS to Consulate General" (BLS Website)
Dec 20: Status updated to "Processing at Consulate General (BLS Website). The status is still showing "Under processing" at (IndianVisa).

As of right now, the status is still the same. I wonder how long will it take from this point to get the visa issued given that they have now re-instated the e-Visa. Not counting what might be stat holidays, I have 15 working days left before I travel. Fingers crossed.

Also, debating if I should withdraw my application to apply for an e-Visa instead. Does anyone have any experience or advice on the application withdrawal process? How long does it take to get the passport back if I withdraw my application?
Here is the latest update:
I called BLS Surrey on Friday, Dec 30 and they said that I should expect my visa to be processed by end of this week. There was no update/or change in the status until today. I checked around 2:40pm MST and the status on indian visa's website shows "Processed and Printed". So, hoping to get my passport back by end of this week now. Will update when I receive it. Happy new year and good luck to everyone who's application is still in process

Reactions: Urviraj

Lsingh2212

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
Hi everyone,

If any one of you know this.
I will be traveling to India with my new born son with Canadian citizen(with entry visa) and me and my wife are Indian citizen.
So after landing in India at immigration do we have to go at Indian passport holder counter or foreign passport counter.

Thanks

Urviraj

Dec 22, 2022
Here is the latest update:
I called BLS Surrey on Friday, Dec 30 and they said that I should expect my visa to be processed by end of this week. There was no update/or change in the status until today. I checked around 2:40pm MST and the status on indian visa's website shows "Processed and Printed". So, hoping to get my passport back by end of this week now. Will update when I receive it. Happy new year and good luck to everyone who's application is still in process
Hello there,
Today my status showed up in transit from consulate to BLS Centre so anyone know how many days to receive my passport? TIA

Reactions: Buggs Bunnie

Urviraj

Dec 22, 2022
Here is my timeline entry visa
Dec 8th-Postal Application sent from Calgary
Dec 9thDelivered at BLS Surrey (Purolator Website)
Dec 20th- Status changed to "Under processing" on BLS Portal. Got an email that my Visa application is accepted and my passport is with an agent.
Dec 21st- Status updated to "In transit from BLS to Consulate General" (BLS Website)
Dec 27th-Status updated to "Processing at Consulate General (BLS Website).

And after I emailed to visa officer explain my situation as I booked tickets already and than today 9:45am checked status showed up in transit from consulate to BLS centre. After I called to BLS about when will I receive my passport and also I told them to put note an emergency and they said by the end of today or tomorrow. Hope you will receive soon happy new year all. Thanks

desiboy

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
Here is email address you can reach out to cons2.vancouver@mea.gov.in. I found from website cgivancouver.gov.in.
hope it helps good luck
Thank you. I called BLS today as my application status is still shows " no recorde found". They suggested to withdraw the application as I have my flight on 10th January. I submitted the withdrawal application lets see if I can get my passport back before 10th

Buggs Bunnie

Jun 20, 2016
Hello everyone
My status on indianvisaonline changed to Processed & Printed though it hasnt changed on BLS website yet. Can anyone tell me how long consulate takes to send passport back to BLS and then how long it takes for our passport from BLS to reach us ( Am from Calgary).