+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No!!!! the status now on BLS is - "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre".
God knows why it takes more than 4 frckin days to send the passport from one place to another in the same damn city. I'm just in praying mode right now!! Fingers crossed!
Thanks for the updates. So just to confirm your timeline:
2nd Nov: Day 0 of processing. Status "Processing at Consulate General"
14th Nov: (work) Day 8 of processing. Status "Your Visa is Processed and Printed"
16th Nov: Day 10. Status "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre"

or was the transit status earlier than that? It is weird that it takes them so many days to just get from of the Consulate to the BLS office.

Are you located in Vancouver? Maybe you could go to your local BLS office and pick up from there so that you save a day or two.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
14th Nov: (work) Day 8 of processing. Status "Your Visa is Processed and Printed"

or was the transit status earlier than that? It is weird that it takes them so many days to just get from of the Consulate to the BLS office.

Are you located in Vancouver? Maybe you could go to your local BLS office and pick up from there so that you save a day or two.
His day 0 is Oct 17 when they received it..
We have to send a mail for pick up..but they usually don't reply mail.i asked cc, whether I can pick up to save 2 days.my cc said unless there is an update saying it's ready for collection you can't just go and pick up..I told him,they dint give me a choice for pick up option but insisted in paying for the service.he said then u have to wait...
if any1 skipped delivery,pls post the steps to follow ..

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like @skvaranasi has not responded. So hopefully he got his visa and is travelling :)

Yes, I second this request for information from fellow forum members on how to skip delivery step and pickup directly from BLS office.

@Sindhu1601 : What did you mean by "cc" in your message

We have to send a mail for pick up..but they usually don't reply mail.i asked cc, whether I can pick up to save 2 days.my cc said unless there is an update saying it's ready for collection you can't just go and pick up..I told him,they dint give me a choice for pick up option but insisted in paying for the service.he said then u have to wait...

sonisneh

Jun 3, 2019
Kids visa
Walkin application 10th Nov

BLS:Nov 10 application generated
Nov 12 processing at consulate
Indian website:
Nov 14 under processing
nov16 granted but not printed

Postal application posted on 12th Nov
15 Nov reached to agent
BLS 16 Nov application has been generated
Indian website: under process
..staying positive and fingers crossed and praying all my gods
@Sindhu1601 The timeline you've posted is a bit confusing,
Indian website: under process -
did this go back to under processing on the Indian visa webiste after the visa was generated?
Did you get the Visa?

skvaranasi

Nov 11, 2022

I'm in Calgary.. mine was postal application. Sent everything to Surrey office.
Latest update: I finally
Sorry for the delay folks.. mine was a postal application from Calgary. I wish I lived in Vancouver! I have finally managed to talk to someone at bls and they just told me that they received the passport from CGI and most probably they will ship it in 2 days

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Latest update: I finally

Sorry for the delay folks.. mine was a postal application from Calgary. I wish I lived in Vancouver! I have finally managed to talk to someone at bls and they just told me that they received the passport from CGI and most probably they will ship it in 2 days
When was your application date...am waiting for processing at consulate...did get delayed too.
Posted 12nov
Reached 15th Nov
Application 16th Nov 10pm
Waiting for processing at consulate

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
@Sindhu1601 The timeline you've posted is a bit confusing,
Indian website: under process -
did this go back to under processing on the Indian visa webiste after the visa was generated?
Did you get the Visa?
I applied for 2 visa one through postal and another walk in..
The walk in application in the Indian website
Changed from under process-under processing -granted but not yet printed.
In the bls- 10th novapplication - 12th Nov processing at consulate.

The postal is different
I posted on 12 th nov- reached 15th Nov
Bls- no records found-16th Nov application
In Indian website -under proceSS

forberta

Star Member
Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @skvaranasi . The BLS office that received your passport is Calgary or Surrey? What date did this happen and what does the status say in BLS tracking when the PP goes from CGI-Vancouver ("Processing at Consulate" ) to the BLS office? Did the status in the tracking change at all?

skvaranasi

Nov 11, 2022
Thanks @skvaranasi . The BLS office that received your passport is Calgary or Surrey? What date did this happen and what does the status say in BLS tracking when the PP goes from CGI-Vancouver ("Processing at Consulate" ) to the BLS office? Did the status in the tracking change at all?
The status on BLS has been - "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre. Since the passport went out. It still shows the same damn message. Just hoping to receive it
In my honest opinion, BLS/CGI is still doing a pretty damn good job and I'm proud to be an Indian (at heart always)! Canadian govt took a whole frckin 5 months just to send the renewed passport.. no tracking.. noone to answer our calls! That delayed the entire process of getting the Indian visa! I didn't want to take the other route by submitting a fake travel ticket.. which is against my moral ethics! Despite of so many hurdles.. I'm still happy that I'm receiving the passport in a couple of days (hopefully.. may be tomorrow)! Peace!

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
@Sindhu1601 got it. Could you please let me know when the walk-in application status changes to print or printed?
My walk-in application changed to processed and printed..have to contact BLS centre...
My postal is still application generated
....waiting for it to change to processing to consulate and granted ..one mistake in my application,I had to apply for postal ..and fingers crossed for now

Reactions: forberta

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Sep-2015 - LAA received
Doc's Request.
Full Application Submitted - On 25-Sep-2015
Hello Friends,
Just got my entry visa it took around 4 weeks and 4 days.

I have sent my application by post via (Purolator). received my passport with Multiple visas today. I am still waiting for my surrender certificate update..

Thanks

Reactions: Samoinp

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hello Friends,

I have sent my application by post via (Purolator). received my passport with Multiple visas today. I am still waiting for my surrender certificate update..

Thanks
Too bad that they aren't taking walk-ins. Surrendering Canadian passport for a month will just affect travel plans to other countries :-( especially with holiday season around.

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Hello Friends,

Thanks
Hi , could u plz share your timeline,when did they start processing in consulate and where did u apply?