+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
Anybody decided if they are traveling india with indian passport after cad citizenship during grace? Or what options did they choose?
I would strongly advise against doing this. You could be penalized for travelling on Indian passport while being a Canadian Citizen. If/ when you go to renounce your Indian passport and they see an Indian arrival/ departure stamp on your passport, boy, trouble.

djrobinn

Nov 9, 2022
Anyone apply for visa in-person at Brampton lately?
- What was your experience like?
- What time did you get there?
- How long did it take for your turn?
- And ultimately, how long did it take to receive your visa?

Thank you so much!

smansuri97

Apr 9, 2018
App. Filed.......
16th august
I would strongly advise against doing this. You could be penalized for travelling on Indian passport while being a Canadian Citizen. If/ when you go to renounce your Indian passport and they see an Indian arrival/ departure stamp on your passport, boy, trouble.
thanks for the reply! I postponed the ceremony until next year after i come back. Anyways what kind of trouble do i face if had done otherwise?

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
other option 2 years jail time becus india control immigration both side entry and exit

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
When did u apply and finally when did u get your visa..how long did it take..I too have a travel plan..sent through post...expected delivery at bls is on nov15..and have plans on dec7...fingers crossed

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
My experience at BLS Brampton yesterday for ENTRY VISA and PASSPORT SURRENDER (@ 60 Gillingham Dr)
Queue 1:
Stood up in line at 4:30am (thankfully weather was nice, so we managed) - We had approx. 50-70 people ahead (didnt count, just a guess)

Queue 2:
The line starts moving at 8am (the security guard gives pre-printed tokens and takes approx. 10-15 people in a group)
Those people are separated from the main queue (Queue 1), but still stand outside in a separate queue in front of the entry gate (Queue 2).

Queue 3:
The security guard lets the "Queue 2" people in the gate and ask them to go to 4th floor.
Once you reach BLS Office on 4th floor, there is another Queue (Queue 3) - this queue moves once one of the 5 counters are done processing an applicant.
At some point the people who have appointment, also joins the same queue.

Few observations
1. Some people who wanted to apply for Visa stood up in line @40 Gillingham Dr, the day before. Just a note for future applicants, please visit BLS Canada website for accurate information as to which building is processing VISA applications (in my case, when we checked the website, it mentioned 60 Gillingham Dr, so we went there directly).
2. I have noticed many people with some mistakes in the application form and getting rejected. Please follow the checklist line-by-line to ensure no mistakes. (few eg. some people chose the wrong gender in the application form).
Also, please ensure the documents are in the right sequence as prescribed in the checklist to speed up the process.
Note - if you are filling-in surrender application, please ensure Foreign Passport number is filled in the application (even if its not mandatory field online). This is NOT mentioned anywhere in the checklist, but its mentioned in a paper information document that is circulated in Queue 1.

We started at 4:30am, and we managed to submit our applications and out of the building around 1:30pm.
Did u get your visa

skvaranasi

Nov 11, 2022
Here are my timelines:
I applied for tourist visa.
BLS Postal Application sent over to Surrey, BC.
BLS received my docs on Oct 17, 2022
Application date as per CGI Vancouver is Nov 02, 2022, not sure why there was such a delay!
I just checked few minutes ago, the new status on Indiavisaonline is - "Your visa is Processed and Printed."
Hoping to get the passport back asap.. our travel in in 2 weeks!

Reactions: Sindhu1601

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Here are my timelines:
I applied for tourist visa.
BLS Postal Application sent over to Surrey, BC.
BLS received my docs on Oct 17, 2022
Application date as per CGI Vancouver is Nov 02, 2022, not sure why there was such a delay!
I just checked few minutes ago, the new status on Indiavisaonline is - "Your visa is Processed and Printed."
Hoping to get the passport back asap.. our travel in in 2 weeks!
So for you it took like nearly a month...hmmm..
Mine wil reach BLS tomorrow Nov 15...and I got my plan on Dec 7...fingers crossed...if we have to change the tickets is like 250 for changing and an extra 500 for the tickets ..750 for each ..god .hope I get it soon..

foobaar

Mar 5, 2017
So for you it took like nearly a month...hmmm..
Mine wil reach BLS tomorrow Nov 15...and I got my plan on Dec 7...fingers crossed...if we have to change the tickets is like 250 for changing and an extra 500 for the tickets ..750 for each ..god .hope I get it soon..
I hope you get it. I am going to apply for it on 27th November and I have travel plans for January 12

foobaar

Mar 5, 2017
I need to travel on January 12. I still have not got my Son's Canadian passport yet. I am hoping to get it sometime this week.
I should have about 40 days before travel. Is this sufficient?

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
I need to travel on January 12. I still have not got my Son's Canadian passport yet. I am hoping to get it sometime this week.
I should have about 40 days before travel. Is this sufficient?
If u pay 50 they send it within a week...this is good,if you have a appointment early..or if you are ready to stand in line at 3 am itself...they said it will take 15-30 days for tourist visa and 45 days for entry visa..so they changed my visa from entry to tourist.
If you are applying through postal,they would charge 83+10 approximately...they would pick it from your place ..but the processing time wil add by 3-7 days..
Walk ins are faster,but you should have an appointment booked(usually 2 months b4) or you should be there by 3 am to get your slot..from 16th in Toronto BLS,they would give appointments for daily walk ins by refreshing page,no waiting

foobaar

Mar 5, 2017
If u pay 50 they send it within a week...this is good,if you have a appointment early..or if you are ready to stand in line at 3 am itself...they said it will take 15-30 days for tourist visa and 45 days for entry visa..so they changed my visa from entry to tourist.
If you are applying through postal,they would charge 83+10 approximately...they would pick it from your place ..but the processing time wil add by 3-7 days..
Walk ins are faster,but you should have an appointment booked(usually 2 months b4) or you should be there by 3 am to get your slot..from 16th in Toronto BLS,they would give appointments for daily walk ins by refreshing page,no waiting
Thanks for that info!
So i can pay 50 dollars for expediting visa? Sadly i dont have an appointment and it is very hard to get. I cant get any appointment until end of december

Last edited: