+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry/exit records from US CBP and CBSA

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Hi,

I have two questions

1) I received the Entry/exit records from US CBP sometimes ago. The problem is that they have noted my trip from London to vancouver as a USA (both inbound and outbound trip) which I didnt, but from London directly to Canada. How did this happen? I didnt visit USA. They have noted the site was (Atlantic Aviation GAF). So I doubt whether this was taken by US CBP as a trip to North America and it was given under USA. Can anybody have any thoughts?

2) I also got the CBSA travel history. They have not noted my only trip as a PR back to Canada. Why was that? Do they have that record but not in the CBSA copy which was given to me? How do they know that I returned on that day except I note in my citizenship application?

justinline

May 19, 2009
Did you get the US CBP report from the the website or through FOIA? Usually FOIA reports are more accurate. Many have reported discrepancies with their entry /exit reports whether CBP or CBSA.
May be the airline submitted the data to CBP, instead of CBSA for your London -Canada trip and they made data entry error. Hope you have boarding passes, other than that its your word against CBP's.

Usually when PR comes back CBSA scans the PR card, I see that in my CBSA report, mentions my PR card number. What were you noted as when you returned back to Canada. If your trip was by your car you can also request highway passage report.

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Yes, I received from FOIA. You are right, (ATLANTIC AVIATION GAF) in this context means airlines. So they have updated it wrongly. what should I do here for that? Will the Immigration Canada understand that when they process my application, as they have access to both country records? Once again, They have noted my last trip to Canada from London Heathrow, both as an inbound and outbound trip to and from the USA. what should I do for that?

I also have 3 more issues.

1. One land crossing I made to the USA was noted in the US CBP records to the following day. (for example, I went to the US on Feb 21, but they noted in their records the date I entered on Feb 22.

2. One of my trips to the USA was mentioned two times in the US CBP.

3 One of the travel inbound/outbound description was given as Transit ( should have been inbound and made it via a flight) which I didnt transit but just entered for a tourist trip.

justinline

May 19, 2009
If you have the boarding passes, itinerary, credit card bills basically whole bunch of documents to prove the trip and travel dates, you can approach CBP and ask them to make relevant changes, but I dont think you can achieve much besides burning your own blood. I dont think I have ever heard any body been able get CBP change their records. You can also place the same evidence in front of CIC with your application for citizenship.

The basic and foolproof way to counter all this, just have very significant buffer days to counter all these discrepancies, whether you are applying for pr renewal or citizenship. Just tally up all the days in question and multiply by 5 or 6 or more just to be safe. Recently I talked to a person who had issue with his travel records, he traveled Vancouver-Seattle fairly regularly, all the trips were in his car as he was staying in Vancouver and working in Seattle. When he got his records from CBSA and CBP, many entries were missing over period of 4 years. He just waited another year to cover up those days with pretty wide margin, then applied for Citizenship.

Canada201709

Sep 26, 2017
Hi,
Can you ask how long did it take to get FOIA from CBP? I have applied 10 days ago and there is no updates online !!! Please advise.Thanks!

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It took about a month for me to get my records.

ENGLISHFORCITIZENSHIP

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
If you have the boarding passes, itinerary, credit card bills basically whole bunch of documents to prove the trip and travel dates, you can approach CBP and ask them to make relevant changes, but I dont think you can achieve much besides burning your own blood. I dont think I have ever heard any body been able get CBP change their records. You can also place the same evidence in front of CIC with your application for citizenship.

The basic and foolproof way to counter all this, just have very significant buffer days to counter all these discrepancies, whether you are applying for pr renewal or citizenship. Just tally up all the days in question and multiply by 5 or 6 or more just to be safe. Recently I talked to a person who had issue with his travel records, he traveled Vancouver-Seattle fairly regularly, all the trips were in his car as he was staying in Vancouver and working in Seattle. When he got his records from CBSA and CBP, many entries were missing over period of 4 years. He just waited another year to cover up those days with pretty wide margin, then applied for Citizenship.

Hello Justline,

I found that I have all the passport stamps (inbound) with the right dates I visited USA even though there was the wrong date I visited). And I also found that my CBSA records show the correct dates I returned to Canada except the last trip I did as a PR. Do you know why the CBSA records I received, dosent show my last trip to Canada( This was the trip I made as a PR) All other previous trips I did to US were as a Non PR. Does the CBSA secretly record my last trip as I used a self-Kiosk to clear immigration last time?

Canada201709

Sep 26, 2017
Thanks. One more question please. CBP will post a date for "Estimated Date of Completion" , is this the date you actually got your FOIA letter? or you got the FOIA letter before or after this date? I am really very thankful for advising.