+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry/Exit Records by CBSA (Any alternatives)

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hi,

I requested my Entry/Exit records from CBSA. And, got my CBSA Privacy Act report last week!

The report is basically showing all my entries and no single exit!! Cover letter indicated that there is no exit records were found!
I called CBSA and they clearly mentioned that they don't have any exit information, unless those if exited through land!

Could you advise if there is any alternative way to get my exit records, through any other agency or office? As you all know CIC application for citizenship and PR renewal requires exact dates and clearly states consequences of miss representation!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
tender_heart said:
Hi,

I requested my Entry/Exit records from CBSA. And, got my CBSA Privacy Act report last week!

The report is basically showing all my entries and no single exit!! Cover letter indicated that there is no exit records were found!
I called CBSA and they clearly mentioned that they don't have any exit information, unless those if exited through land!

Could you advise if there is any alternative way to get my exit records, through any other agency or office? As you all know CIC application for citizenship and PR renewal requires exact dates and clearly states consequences of miss representation!
There are other alternatives like contacting the country you visited asking for entrance records.

Another alternative is to contact the airlines that you travelled on and get them to send you an official statement that you did in fact traveled on the dates / itinerary. I did this with Alitalia Airlines. I got a letter from them declaring that my wife actually took the flights.

Unless CBSA start enforcing the airlines to submit the passenger manifest or they install exit control booths that records everyone leaving the county, obtaining exit records will be on your shoulders, such as keeping all flight tickets, insisting border control in your country to stamp your passport. This would be your proof of Canada exit (Some countries don't bother putting entrance stamp in their own citizen's passport), etc, etc.

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
You are right!

The problem is:

- most of my flight booking was through Expedia! surprisingly, they do not keep records older than 12 months!!!! not sure why.
- I have been flying on different airlines and I do not have entry records on my passport as my government doesn't bother to stamp our passport (unless requested).

The question, what would CIC do to collect these data? Do they speak to specific agency or authority? so I can do that while I am preparing my application?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tender_heart said:
You are right!

The problem is:

- most of my flight booking was through Expedia! surprisingly, they do not keep records older than 12 months!!!! not sure why.
- I have been flying on different airlines and I do not have entry records on my passport as my government doesn't bother to stamp our passport (unless requested).

The question, what would CIC do to collect these data? Do they speak to specific agency or authority? so I can do that while I am preparing my application?
If you are non-US citizen, and you have travelled to usa by land or air, you can get the entry records from the following link:

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

You can match usa entries with canada entries.

Just remember, if you travel by land, then the usa exits might not be correct all the time

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hi,

Unfortunately, i never traveled through the U.S. borders both land and air.

Is it unusual to struggle with this? How usually people report their Entries/Exits in their application?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tender_heart said:
Hi,

Unfortunately, i never traveled through the U.S. borders both land and air.

Is it unusual to struggle with this? How usually people report their Entries/Exits in their application?
Before filling citizenship application, people usually remember/note their dates(for past years) somewhere and then write it into the citizenship application.
Canada does not do exit checks, just the entry checks.
Just try to remember the dates and if don't remember, write the approximate date and mention in the cover letter that those dates were approximate.
Check the following link:
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq

Q10: I travel often to the United States and don't remember the exact dates. What do I do?

A10: To use the residence calculator, you must enter exact dates. If you do not know the exact number of days you were absent, try to calculate an estimated number and after you have printed your absence sheet, attach a hand written note to it indicating that the dates are approximate.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
In my case the officer at the interview requested me to submit UAE entry/exit records,he was not satisfied that CBSA records are sufficient.

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
My trips weren't to UAE ... Actually I have no more UAE visa on my passport.

The problem, there is no entry stamps by my home country either!

Who can assist how to get and/or convince CIC?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tender_heart, you need to do your due diligence to figure out your dates. Here are some suggestions:

Reconstruct and verify your travel history;
a. Triple check all passport stamps
b. Search date ranges in old email files for emails to family or friends about your travel plans.
c. Search date ranges in old email files for receipts of car rentals, plane or train tickets.
d. Search any old personal date books or calendars your have from past years.
e. Search any online calendars you have for past years.
f. If you have been in a relationship for some or all of your time in Canada, search their records as well.

You can also order a record of movement showing entries from you home country if you wish. Not all countries provide them, but calling your embassy or consulate, or looking at the website linked below in my signature would be a good first step.

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hi,

Yes I have lease agreements for specific places as I moved between provinces,
I have pay stubs when I was in Montreal QC and now in Ontario,
And currently, I am studying full time at the university

Unfortunately, all my bookings were through expedia ... and they only retain 12 months of personal records. I talked to their customer support and they weren't helpful, the company policy is only to keep flight bookings for no more than this period.

My passport has only and only Canadian entry stamps! trips to my home country (Palestine) will give you the option not stamp by default, especially if you are coming from north america

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tender_heart, no one else can do your due diligence for you.

Almost every citizenship applicant encounters the same challenges you are due to the fact that the CIC does not alert PRs to the need to keep track of trips. You will have to try your best, as every other applicant does.

Search your records. Search your emails (receipts from expedia?) Search your calendars. Search your memory. Search your school's holiday calendars, etc. Contact the Palestinian Authority (though I wouldn't personally expect them to have the records you are seeking.) Have you done all or any of that?

You don't need your lease agreements or pay stubs unless you get an RQ. Hold onto them, but don't worry too much.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
tender_heart said:
You are right!

The problem is:

Expedia is not an airline. Call the airline, they should be able to give you records.
Airline : Singapore Airline, Thai Airways, British Airways, Air Canada, etc.
It should be easy to get record if you were flying, unless you were driving then it's difficult.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Expedia is not an airline. Call the airline, they should be able to give you records.
Airline : Singapore Airline, Thai Airways, British Airways, Air Canada, etc.
It should be easy to get record if you were flying, unless you were driving then it's difficult.
Expedia is a bit of a red herring in this discussion. Whether you book through a travel agent, online, at the airport or with the airline directly, they will send or give you a receipt. Search the receipts for the dates. If one threw away all the receipts, one needs to search other records. There are many suggestions above for how to do it.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
tender_heart said:
My trips weren't to UAE ... Actually I have no more UAE visa on my passport.

The problem, there is no entry stamps by my home country either!

Who can assist how to get and/or convince CIC?
CBSA doesn't provide exit information because there do not check anything when you leave Canada. the only solution for you to request history to entries from your home country similar to CBSA report in Canada. That would be enough to convince the officer at the interview. Meanwhile, bring employment letters from all your employers in Canada in addition to your notices of assessments in the last 4 years. This would be enough to pass the interview.

Good luck