+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entrance refused Due to unrecognized college

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I am having challenges uploading the letter. Below is the message from my consultant notifying me of the rejection.
While WES recognized your degrees as being equivalent to Canadian degrees of the same level, the agent decided not to recognize them as they were not delivered by a recognized institution by the Canadian government.

Hence the agent decided that your punctuation was not sufficient to grant you permanent residence.
You need to read your WES report first. If you do not have it with you then you can enter into your wes account and download it.
Following report is an example of what would have happened to your case-

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Higher National Diploma
Year: 2005
Awarded by: Cambridge Regional College
Institution Status: Not Recognized
Major/Specialization: Executive Personal Assistant
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (two years) from a non-recognized institution

What is written in your WES report? In the educational institute status section did they write "Not Recognized"? If so then it means even though WES says your credential is Canadian equivalent but it is from non recognized body and that lead to the rejection.

If this is the case then you should sue your consultant for using that unusable report and wasting your time and money!

Shennan R

Feb 22, 2018
You need to read your WES report first. If you do not have it with you then you can enter into your wes account and download it.
Following report is an example of what would have happened to your case-

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Higher National Diploma
Year: 2005
Awarded by: Cambridge Regional College
Institution Status: Not Recognized
Major/Specialization: Executive Personal Assistant
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (two years) from a non-recognized institution

What is written in your WES report? In the educational institute status section did they write "Not Recognized"? If so then it means even though WES says your credential is Canadian equivalent but it is from non recognized body and that lead to the rejection.

If this is the case then you should sue your consultant for using that unusable report and wasting your time and money!
Actually I never reviewed that report. Just took her word for it. I will look into this. Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Shennan R

Feb 22, 2018
Sorry to come back to this but need more advice. After being advised above I went and personally reviewed my WES and found that my consultant was not honest in telling me that my WES recognized my degree. I have since filed a complaint with the governing board ICCRC but 4 months later and I am still waiting to get some satisfaction. Is there another route I can take? Maybe hiring a private attorney? I have called a few and have not been successful in finding one that will take my case. Appreciate any advice you can lend. Thank you in advance.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Sorry to come back to this but need more advice. After being advised above I went and personally reviewed my WES and found that my consultant was not honest in telling me that my WES recognized my degree. I have since filed a complaint with the governing board ICCRC but 4 months later and I am still waiting to get some satisfaction. Is there another route I can take? Maybe hiring a private attorney? I have called a few and have not been successful in finding one that will take my case. Appreciate any advice you can lend. Thank you in advance.
I do not believe anything worthwhile would be made as a result, many shady immigration consultants are still around making money. It is upto the individual to research before paying them the fees. What is your current CRS score?

Shennan R

Feb 22, 2018
Thank you for your advice. However, I still would like to file the complaint. I am no longer trying to get into Canada.