+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada questions - Study Permit Holder

Arka161

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hello there,

I recently got my study permit, and I have some questions about travelling to Canada. I am aware that I should carry my financial documents, CAQ and other documents while travelling to Canada. However, do I need to show them if I come to Canada again after going to my home country for a summer vacation/summer break?

I was planning on going on a vacation in July, and I was wondering if I should have my latest financial credentials ready with me while travelling back again.

Thank you.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

I recently got my study permit, and I have some questions about travelling to Canada. I am aware that I should carry my financial documents, CAQ and other documents while travelling to Canada. However, do I need to show them if I come to Canada again after going to my home country for a summer vacation/summer break?

I was planning on going on a vacation in July, and I was wondering if I should have my latest financial credentials ready with me while travelling back again.

Thank you.
No need. You should be good to re-enter as long as you have valid study permit and are maintaining full-time student staus at DLI.

Reactions: Arka161

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hello there,

Thank you.
Are you sure you got your study permit already? You get it at the border point. Perhaps you got a letter of introduction which lists what is needed to be presented to obtain your study permit?

If you really have your study permit, it is common sense to carry it and CAQ, student ID, proof of funds when re-entering Canada.