+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada by land with expired PR card - RO not met

smsmsm

Apr 22, 2015
Hello everyone,
My name is Youssef and I am a Canadian permanent resident from Egypt.
I was wondering if I can safely get back to Canada this september through US border without being reported even though I don't meet RO and PR expired since AUG 2015.
I have a US visa and a Canadian friend who is going to pick me up with his Car from there.
So my questions are
1) what to say or do at the immigration office? How do I increase my chances for the whole thing to go smooth as possible
2) should I say the truth of not meeting my RO or that would automatically lead to being reported
3) I have all papers COPR, SIN, drivers license, healthcare that were expired in 2015-2016 to back up a bit
My reason is that I had to finish my studies in Egypt in Dentistry and was refused in a Canadian one when i tried to transfer since my university was not accredited and was already halfway there to get my certificate (3rd year)
4) did a lot of people get reported on a land border? i heard so many success stories and not a single report.
5) When's the best place and timeto cross the border? And is there an easier one like buffalo vs detroit etc.
I am ready to settle permanently in Canada for two years straight until I adjust my situation.
Thanks a lot,
Waiting for your reply :)
boss, i am in z same prb., i am in Egypt, can be in contact ?