+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada after COPR

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
I need some help. I received my COPR letter and visa today. It says there are two options:

1 - I exit and enter canada
2 - Call CIC for interview.

I am currently in Toronto, and was thinking about using option 1. However I don't have US visa.

I want to know about the process at the border, do I need US visa to exit-enter Canada?

Please suggest.

Cheers

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Can you drive?

If you can drive, I would suggest Peace Bridge as you can make a U-turn to Canada without ever entering the US. If that is not possible, you can do inland landing at CIC Scarborough Town Centre although I am not sure about the wait times right now.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-at-peace-bridge-fort-erie-t152323.0.html

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
I have a car, are you sure that U-turn is allowed? I mean would that count as exit-enter?

Thanks

kaytea

Star Member
Jan 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
19-01-2014
i did my landing in rainbow bridge, niagara falls. i didnt have us visa either, and u dont need one.
u can cross to the us side using the pedestrian bridge - takes about 7 min walk. they give you a paper to send you back to the canadian side.

Patricia1221

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
1221; 1222
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
04-06-2013
Med's Request
21-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013
ralo_01 said:
I have a car, are you sure that U-turn is allowed? I mean would that count as exit-enter?

Thanks
Yes you can do that. As soon you will reach us board you need to say to officer: I need to do a U-turn and they will show where you have to drive.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
ralo_01 said:

Thanks
if you check out the google map locations clearly there is a u-turn available....many people have done it including jessica07 on 17 Jan I guess.

ralo_01

Star Member
Aug 18, 2008
Hello All,

For anybody else looking for information about landing, here is what I know for sure:

From Toronto you have two options to land from the border:

1 - Rainbow bridge: In this case you have to cross the border, that is, go to the US side and come back in.
2 - Peace bridge: You don't have to go the US side at all. You just follow QEW - at the end of QEW there is an option to take a U-Turn (there is a U-Turn sign there, nobody can miss it - it's on the left). In this case, there is no hassle to go to US, get a refusal if you don't have US visa bla bla..

I took option '2'. I drove from Toronto, went up to QEW, drop my friend at Timis near by, and came back on QEW, I kept my car on the left, so I can take a U-Turn (30-40 KM/H). Then I went into one of entry booths, the nice lady checked our passports and handed over a Yellow slip and asked us to head into the CBSA building. There was no one there except for one girl before us, the CBSA officer took our documents, asked for some more docs, asked some questions and signed the landing documents. After that she smiled congratulated us and informed us about our rights as a PR etc etc.

I would like to thank all who has helped me through out .. from me coming to Canada and getting a PR now.
Thanks,
Good luck to all waiting :)