+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enough survival jobs in Toronto & GTA

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Explorer!

I wish I could give you more then a +1 for this!! Bless you and Captain and all others who still manage to take out time to help and guide others.

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swapnochary said:
@ Chami

I got my Visa, planning to move by march,11 . My first target is to get admission for MS degree, pls tell me

1. how to take preparation for a top ranked uni.
2. is it possible to get scholarship and admission before landing ?
3. should i sit for academic IELTS (my GT IELTS(7.0) will be expired by april 2011) ?

pls reply ......

thanks..

swapnochary
Hi swapnochary,
sorry for late responce,
1. First of all fill out application, IELTS academic at least 7.5 and GMAT/LSAT if needed. (usually dedline is in February for fall course and in sometime in summer for winter course-check websites to be sure: http://www.utoronto.ca/)
2. yes it is possible, but u need to wright Statement of Purpose and Financial Aid letter, and yr Refference Letter should be strong enough for the scolarship.
3. Yes u'd better do that, there is no other way to get scolarship, while u r abroad.

hope this will help
Good luck,
Chami

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
thank you so much for lots of valuable info, if u dont mind pls PM me ur messenger id / FB to keep in touch with you.
all the best
swapnochary

Chami said:
Hi swapnochary,
sorry for late responce,
1. First of all fill out application, IELTS academic at least 7.5 and GMAT/LSAT if needed. (usually dedline is in February for fall course and in sometime in summer for winter course-check websites to be sure: http://www.utoronto.ca/)
2. yes it is possible, but u need to wright Statement of Purpose and Financial Aid letter, and yr Refference Letter should be strong enough for the scolarship.
3. Yes u'd better do that, there is no other way to get scolarship, while u r abroad.

hope this will help
Good luck,
Chami

anil_india

Jun 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
F T D- 18-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-07-2010 (II AOR)
IELTS Request
Band-7.5
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
eCAS - IN PROCESS (Jan 2012)
Med's Done....
JULY 2, 2012 (PP sent)
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 2013 (PP received)
LANDED..........
May 2013.
i too wanna be in toronto :(

seniors

pls view my posts and queries on this page
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-xfer-to-chc-nd-in-jan-feb-march-2010-please-join-here-t54244.720.html

holds lot of importance.

thxxx

Chami

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swapnochary said:
thank you so much for lots of valuable info, if u dont mind pls PM me ur messenger id / FB to keep in touch with you.
all the best
swapnochary
u r very wecome :)

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
There are enough survival jobs in Toronto & GTA. Reasonable earnings from it and would not be any problem in paying for rent, food and bills.
Sorry, can't live like a king with that but is enough to keep floating and find jobs in your area of occupation or study.
Nice :)

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
House or condo to rent?

Condo Bachelors $ 700 onwards
1 bed room $ 850 onwards
2 bed room $ 950 onwards
Townhouse $1600 onwards
basement apt $650 onwards
shared rooms $400 onwards
What about mobile connection, which one is the best?

WIND WIND AND WIND $35 unlimited, no contract, pre paid

Any idea about buying car etc
Lots of option, new cars, used cars, leased cars.
Cars are not expensive but insurance is quite expensive.
Most of cars run on petrol
See that used car should not have rust.

Which bank and what type of bank account?
New immigrants - Scotia bank - free banking for 1 year, $ 1000 credit limit, free locker, good service

What credit card?
Scotia Bank -Visa

Any one lucky enough to got mortgage?
Mortgage without income proof comes with 35 % down payment. With income proof 10 % down payment

Broadband?
I dont know, get free from my landlord

Landline phone?
Dont have

What area to live?
For Toronto and GTA , any place where one can get bus ( TTC, Mississauga , Bramption Transit) easily, subway is nearby, prefer a place where all three or two services are available,, library is nearby, neighbourhood service is available nearby, mall is nearby, school is nearby etc etc and most important where one is having job or where one can get survival job.

Kids scholing. etc etc etc etc
>>> Most of schools are good,
Admission is based on age of child.
No books to carry.
Little/ No home work
admission is matter of right
no school dress
lots of activities in school
teachers are very nice
Dont talk too much about studies to teacher, she would get offended.
Helpfull information. :)

Oh!CANADA

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Feb 2007
IELTS Request
Apr 2009
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec. 31, 2010
explorer101 said:
It is about $10-15 per hour, they are factory / office jobs, hard work I must tell you. May not be according to your potential but it helps. New comers are welcome, all they want is legal status SIN Card number.
Hi explorer101!

My family has landed here in Toronto last Monday, March 28.... My husband & I are now in the process of looking for survival jobs. Can I please ask for contact numbers of those who offer factory/office jobs?

Thanks in advance & regards!

Oh!CANADA

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh!CANADA said:
Hi explorer101!

My family has landed here in Toronto last Monday, March 28.... My husband & I are now in the process of looking for survival jobs. Can I please ask for contact numbers of those who offer factory/office jobs?
Thanks in advance & regards!
Oh!CANADA
welcome to Canada, see your pm

Apr 15, 2011
Hi explorer 101!

We landed in Toronto 2 weeks ago and we are also looking for survival jobs in Toronto area. Can you please pm me the address and phone number of the placement agencies? Thank you guys for your help.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
explorer101 said:
MAXIM placement room no 209 ( 1st floor) is in Malton ( Mississauga) in near WESTWOOD MALL towards KFC outlet. Run by a lady Shenaz, she has plenty of factory and storage jobs. Good thing is that she makes up to pick up and drop from the job, new immigrants need it since they have no car and even find difficult to travel. These jobs are mostly night time jobs and in night no public transit is there. Work is mostly in Mississauga / Brampton side.
I feel she charges commission on a higher rate and must be talked to reduce it. I will write her phone number next time after finding.
So land, next day apply for SIN card, open bank account and go to people like this, work & earn and then keep posting for regular jobs in your field.
Hi,
Thanks for this posting.I would contact her tomorrow. Please do tell what would I tell her about our experience. Should we show her our current Resume or what should we tell her about the survival Jobs.
bcz when they c our Resume they simply reject it. I dnt understand shud we make another Resume with all fake experience or how to proceed for survival jobs.
Meena

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
meena said:
Hi,
Thanks for this posting.I would contact her tomorrow. Please do tell what would I tell her about our experience. Should we show her our current Resume or what should we tell her about the survival Jobs.
bcz when they c our Resume they simply reject it. I dnt understand shud we make another Resume with all fake experience or how to proceed for survival jobs.
Meena
Don't fake it -- but, be candid to them... tell Shehnaz that u r open to any placement... starters as well. The important thing is to join something, asap... quality progression will come automatically, after sometime.

Qorax

mrprice

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 7, 2007
LANDED..........
Nov 6, 2011