+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English school for new Immigrants in Montreal

MameDS

Jan 26, 2021
Thank you for your time. Yes we’re becoming PR, but we’re holding US citizenship, and I thought if the parents are anglophone the kids can go into English program in Qc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your time. Yes we’re becoming PR, but we’re holding US citizenship, and I thought if the parents are anglophone the kids can go into English program in Qc.
No they need to go to French school. There are only a few exemptions for children to attend English school andyour children don’t seem to meet them. Your children should have no issue picking up the French language quickly.

http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/en/parents-and-guardians/instruction-in-english/eligibility/

Reactions: YVR123

MameDS

Jan 26, 2021
I understand.. well I will try to see with private schools then and hopefully I will be able to afford it since I’m sigle mother:) . The thing is I don’t want them to lose their English in case they want to come back in US for college. Are yours in French school ? If yes how they doing ? Thank you so much appreciate it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand.. well I will try to see with private schools then and hopefully I will be able to afford it since I’m sigle mother:) . The thing is I don’t want them to lose their English in case they want to come back in US for college. Are yours in French school ? If yes how they doing ? Thank you so much appreciate it
They won’t lose their English if they speak English at home. They will also get English classes in school. There are many French students who go onto attend English universities in Canada. Private English schools tend to pretty expensive. If you have a lot of savings or make a very good income then English private school may be a good option but if you are sacrificing retirement savings, college/university savings, etc. to pay for English private school living in Quebec and attending English private school may not be a good option.

Reactions: Naturgrl and YVR123