+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Endless wait for citizenship application update

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Why do you feel more important then refugees??
The idea is, no one is more important than others. Govt resources should be allocated in such a way that local public (who has paid taxes for several years) is not affected. Right now it seems that refugees are more important. This govt has poorly handled citizenship cases, all because of a few extra votes.

saalimak

Aug 28, 2018
Hey Buddy.. any updates for you???

I am around the same timelines and havent heard from IRCC ever since... did you get any FP req??
Hello, sorry I should have updated the timeline, I did get a call for citizenship test in Sep, followed by ceremony in November. Completed everything in November and got the passport on 27th . My total time from application to passport was 11 months 1 week.

farukah0119

Apr 23, 2019
Hi All ,
i am also in the queue just like you all ...my timeline is as follows
AOR_-june 13th 2018
Proceesing-August 30th 2018
FP received by CIC on 16th nov 2018

Nothing after that...called IRCC and they said its "UNDER PROCESS" have to wait as 12 months isnt over yet ...which seems to be the average time as per the agent . and that..i should be following up only if it has been more than 12 month ....kind of worried by this process

mauritiusbride

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
I also have the exact same problem. I am an applicant from Dollard-Des-Ormeaux (city in Greater Montreal). They physically received our application on October 25, 2017 and sent us the AOR on November 27. They started processing my application on January 16, 2018 and sent me finger prints application on March 16. I submitted my finger prints on March 20, and heard nothing from them since then.

I called, and wrote to them several times, but all what they say is that I am still within the normal processing times and that I have to wait.

Honestly, I almost gave up, and will wait until October 25, 2018 to file a complaint. They won't have any excuse around that time.

Anyways, I totally understand that the citizenship is a privilege and not a right, but I am really frustrated too.
i know i am year late..but wanted to ask when did you do your test finally and the oath...I am also in greater Montreal and still waiting after 5 month for test invite..
hope you see this posts