+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Endless wait for citizenship application update

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Dont say stupid stuff .. some people coming here to study so they are not eligible for PR immediately. Its not like they dont want to apply.
Hi Sana123,

Can we keep the language civil please ? I did not appreciate your choice of words in your reply.

Also my comment was made in a generic way from the standpoint of a person who has been in the country for 8 to 10 years and became eligible for citizenship after 3 or 4 years to apply but didn't apply. I meant that if that person applies now and his application is taking the same time as mine / others then how in the world can I or people like me be blamed for it. If he / she had applied earlier presumably they would have got the citizenship earlier. That was the point.

Now you can presume and bring situations like a student studying here or an asylum seeker and then twist and turn the facts but my statement was generic.

Also for a student studying here he /she knows that they are first here on a student visa, then they are on a work permit, then PR and then citizenship so they have an idea that the entire process can take anywhere from 5 to 8 years or longer unlike people like us who come on PR directly and presumably should become citizens within 4 - 4.5 years of being here.

Let us not compare apples and oranges.

Wish you well in your application process.

Reactions: YoyoTofi

sana123

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sana123,

Can we keep the language civil please ? I did not appreciate your choice of words in your reply.

Also my comment was made in a generic way from the standpoint of a person who has been in the country for 8 to 10 years and became eligible for citizenship after 3 or 4 years to apply but didn't apply. I meant that if that person applies now and his application is taking the same time as mine / others then how in the world can I or people like me be blamed for it. If he / she had applied earlier presumably they would have got the citizenship earlier. That was the point.

Now you can presume and bring situations like a student studying here or an asylum seeker and then twist and turn the facts but my statement was generic.

Also for a student studying here he /she knows that they are first here on a student visa, then they are on a work permit, then PR and then citizenship so they have an idea that the entire process can take anywhere from 5 to 8 years or longer unlike people like us who come on PR directly and presumably should become citizens within 4 - 4.5 years of being here.

Let us not compare apples and oranges.

Wish you well in your application process.

I did not say that you are a stupid person (and I am sorry If I make you feel bad in any way), but you have to think would anyone waited for 5 years to apply for citizenship without any reason (not many people wait) complain because few months delay ? I dont think so. I am not the one generalizing things .. you are.

Last edited:

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I did not say that you are a stupid person, but you have to think would anyone waited for 5 years to apply for citizenship without any reason (not many people wait) complain because few months delay ? I dont think so. I am not the one generalizing things .. you are.
Peace, brothers. Let's not squabble & fight amongst ourselves. Please let's just all stay focused on helping and supporting one another, as however we're able, through the forum-sharing of our own individual experiences, so that we can all get through this damnably frustrating process.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Peace, brothers. Let's not squabble & fight amongst ourselves. Please let's just all stay focused on helping and supporting one another, as however we're able, through the forum-sharing of our own individual experiences, so that we can all get through this damnably frustrating process.
Pat on the back for you bro!

Who do you think will win the world cup?

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Hi All,

I recieved my CBSA Entry - Exit report yesterday so at least will have that proof with me once the test invite / interview comes ( keeping fingers crossed !! ).

Still waiting for my GCMS notes to arrive. I am expecting them sometime by this week.

No response from the MP ( as expected ).

I have touched 250 days being in IP.

Don't really know what else to do/ say at this stage.......

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Hi All,

Any update from your end ?

Did anybody's application move forward ?

I received my GCMS notes which point out that my security check is still in-process since November 2017. I am not too sure what I can do on top of that to hasten that process.

It also says that RCMP requested for my fingerprints but I never received any such intimation from CIC and even my online status is not mentioning any such thing.

Any advice / suggestions from this group ?

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Hi All,

I received my GCMS notes which point out that my security check is still in-process since November 2017. I am not too sure what I can do on top of that to hasten that process.

It also says that RCMP requested for my fingerprints but I never received any such intimation from CIC and even my online status is not mentioning any such thing.

I would send a web form inquiry saying this is what you see in your gcms. However you didn’t get any request for finger print yet.

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi All,

Better... in my opinion, you should try call IRCC too.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
I would send a web form inquiry saying this is what you see in your gcms. However you didn’t get any request for finger print yet.

Hi Ottawan,

Yes that's what I did last week.

Believe it or not I got a response as well within a week itself even though it was a standard response that they gave saying that "they had forwarded my details to the responsible office".

I hope that will help to create some movement on my application.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Any movement on your application ?

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Hi Ottawan,

Yes that's what I did last week.

Believe it or not I got a response as well within a week itself even though it was a standard response that they gave saying that "they had forwarded my details to the responsible office".

I hope that will help to create some movement on my application.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Any movement on your application ?
Nothing yet bro, called IRCC last week. "progressing through backgroundchecks"

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Better... in my opinion, you should try call IRCC too.
Hi there,

Thank you for your advice.

Yes I am planning to do that as well. I just want to give it another week or two.

I have sent out quite a few "Web Form" requests over the last month so want to hold back before I call.

How are things progressing at your end with you application ?

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Hi there,

Thank you for your advice.

Yes I am planning to do that as well. I just want to give it another week or two.

I have sent out quite a few "Web Form" requests over the last month so want to hold back before I call.

How are things progressing at your end with you application ?
After more than 3 months my application move to IP. :)
Now we need to wait for 4 or 6 months (at least in my opinion) if we compare to the available worksheet it takes more time for them to show some progress nowadays.

I sent my Travel History Report (US and CBSA entry/exit records) I have requested last year to try to speed up the process.

Last edited:

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
Did you guys order GCMS notes? If you did, are there anything under TRIAGE and/or REFUSAL GROUND sections?
Mine shows TRIAGE 1 and REFUSAL GROUND 1, with the contents blanked out.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Did you guys order GCMS notes? If you did, are there anything under TRIAGE and/or REFUSAL GROUND sections?
Mine shows TRIAGE 1 and REFUSAL GROUND 1, with the contents blanked out.
Hi there,

I just had a look at my GCMS reports and mine doesn't have any TRIAGE 1 but it does have REFUSAL GROUND 1 which for some reason is created in 2014 which is 3 years before I submitted my citizenship application so don't really know why it's there. Have you reached out and asked ?