VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Srushti said:
Ok. lets study this case. What would have happened otherwise ?
I would have been invited under CEC (although I didn't get round to changing my profile back Jan 1st - i have a feeling it still would have shown eligible)

I would have
a) had to turn down the ita
B) be rejected for not being eligible for CEC

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
kryt0n said:
I would have been invited under CEC (although I didn't get round to changing my profile back Jan 1st - i have a feeling it still would have shown eligible)

I would have
a) had to turn down the ita
B) be rejected for not being eligible for CEC
Hence, what you did was right. Relax and have some double double now :D

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ok, so I've had a thought.

This change in end date doesn't change my eligibility as a fsw. If they assess the change and say "at the time of ita, would this change have meant kryt0n would not have been eligible for fsw" well, no, it wouldn't. I have always been eligible for fsw and it wouldn't have changed my Crs score. They don't have a check (from what i can see) to go before that. If that makes sense?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
kryt0n said:

This change in end date doesn't change my eligibility as a fsw. If they assess the change and say "at the time of ita, would this change have meant kryt0n would not have been eligible for fsw" well, no, it wouldn't. I have always been eligible for fsw and it wouldn't have changed my Crs score. They don't have a check (from what i can see) to go before that. If that makes sense?
Yup! Completely makes sense. Hence, I said just relax and lets have a double double now :)

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srushti said:
Yup! Completely makes sense. Hence, I said just relax and lets have a double double now :)
Maybe make it a decaf!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
ozlis said:
Maybe make it a decaf!
It's just the whole "Candidates are responsible for ensuring that the information in their Express Entry profile is up-to-date and accurate at all times."

I didn't. I changed it.

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
It's just the whole "Candidates are responsible for ensuring that the information in their Express Entry profile is up-to-date and accurate at all times."

I didn't. I changed it.
In that case we are all hooped, we need to add all of our work experience in the work experience section. Update our available funds information to the dollar..... you see where I am going here?

The intent is that you are not changing the information to become eligible. You are eligible and the system has a well known glitch that makes it tricky in a set scenario.

Double decaf.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
ozlis said:
In that case we are all hooped, we need to add all of our work experience in the work experience section. Update our available funds information to the dollar..... you see where I am going here?

The intent is that you are not changing the information to become eligible. You are eligible and the system has a well known glitch that makes it tricky in a set scenario.

Double decaf.
Cant Agree more

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I appreciate it you guys. I know you are logically right, but was I technically right. And that is my main worry. Also it being something i didn't think about until after submission, which is so much worse. I guess now i wait.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Basically the way i see it is 2 ways.
1) the officer sees that there was a change in date, checks to see if it made me ineligible for fsw or my ita for fsw, marks that it doesn't, and carries on.
2) officer sees the change of date, notes the loe that explains why and outright says i did it to lie about my eligiblity for cec and decides to reject me on the grounds my profile wasn't accurate at the time of ita and that i misrepresented myself.

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n I too am in a kind of a similar situation :

I had filled my husbands foreign work history profile and in august his department was merged into a completely new company which we forgot to update in the EE. now that the EE is locked I have mentioned it in his personal history. This is giving me nightmares along with a set of other few things. We are not claiming any points for this as its a foreign work experience. Haven't submitted yet but don't know if I should mention it in the LOE.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ok, so I called CIC. The lady was very nice to me however as predicted she couldn’t comment fully on the issue. She asked if I had submitted an LOE which I had and said if the officer had any more queries they would ask me. Of course we know from EE stories people aren’t really asked… they are either asked to submit a Schedule A or sent a rejection letter/fairness letter.

I guess I have the option of submitting an additional CSE with more information, however I’m not sure what else I would add, other than waffling on about what I have already put. Maybe outlining again that me changing the end date doesn’t affect my eligibility as a FSW at all. And that the day I got my ITA I was 100% eligible for FSW, regardless of what I put as my end date for my Canada work.

I feel sick to my stomach now, and it’s something we have all advised on, that it is the applicants responsibility to make sure the data is accurate and up to date. I changed the end date so that I was eligible for the right stream. Although she said on the phone if it was showing I was eligible for the whole of December then I may have been… Maybe CIC really do count months and not days.

nuclearbattery

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
kryt0n said:

This exactly. I don't think you need to worry about this. You've submitted an LOE too - you should be good.

Do not overthink it and make it worse for yourself.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
After a few calls to lawyers and a lot of reading this falls under the simple line of was this a relevant or material thing that I did.

Everything an EE applicants does is relevant, but a material fact is defined:
All material factors will be relevant. However, what is relevant may not always prove to be material:
- information requested from applicants will be considered relevant; otherwise this information would not be requested;
- this relevant information will not always affect the process undertaken by an officer or the final decision. Only when it affects the process undertaken or the final decision does it become material.
Misrepresentation is defined when someone withholds a material fact.

In my case, what i did was relevant and had I received my ITA in December, It could be argued that I affected the ITA process as I may have been invited as a CEC, and in changing my end date I would have materially affected the process. (Even though i would not have been eligible, but the right course would have been to decline a CEC ITA).

However, as I was invited in January this change would not have affected the process of getting a FSW ita as that was the only stream I was eligible for on January 4th.

Although I did create a mess for myself and I have yet to see how this might impact me (getting a request for more info etc) the officer will hopefully at A11.2 (eligibility) see that the change I made did not affect my eligibility to be invited under FSW or any other stream. If they see the change and want to query it, everyone i have spoken to said that it's not something they could get me on, even with a bad explanation.

Anyway, it's important that people are aware that innocent mistakes or changes may be made with the best intentions, but if they affect how the process is done or affects an outcome, THAT'S why and how it becomes misrepresentation.

So, although I made a mess, if the officer does not see the above, it *should* be something that I can explain legitimately.

Hope this helps someone querying misrepresentation. I'll post again if anything changes.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[/quote]

hello kryt0n...

you will be fine dont worry - as long as you explained everything clearly in the LoE, you will be OK.

BTW - did you clear your meds yet ?