+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment with overseas works

bedema

Mar 29, 2019
My current status is in breach with RO. I am still yer and a half away before I can re-apply for my PR card. I am currently living in Canada. For the past several months, I had found a job here in Canada. The only problem is it does has a lot of overseas trips. Trips that probably last for 2-3 months each. As I read thru the RO requirements, I have to be physically inside Canada to count for the days. But I've also saw that as far as I can proved that I am being sent onto overseas trips by a legit company, those days still counts as far as I am remaining as a full time employee. I wonder if this is possible or will it get me into any trouble when I am crossing the border.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My current status is in breach with RO. I am still yer and a half away before I can re-apply for my PR card. I am currently living in Canada. For the past several months, I had found a job here in Canada. The only problem is it does has a lot of overseas trips. Trips that probably last for 2-3 months each. As I read thru the RO requirements, I have to be physically inside Canada to count for the days. But I've also saw that as far as I can proved that I am being sent onto overseas trips by a legit company, those days still counts as far as I am remaining as a full time employee. I wonder if this is possible or will it get me into any trouble when I am crossing the border.
That is irrelevant to your situation. You don't meet the RO and can be reported at any entry, likely resulting in the loss of your status. You need to remain in Canada without leaving until you once again meet the RO.

bedema

Mar 29, 2019
So, it would not be possible to take this job.
I might just have to take the land route again using my visa free passport.

bedema

Mar 29, 2019
But I've read a case that the defendant was underemployment by a Canadian company and the result said those days does count towards meeting RO.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Taking the land route doesn't matter. You must meet the RO on every entry to Canada or you can still be reported and lose your status.

But I've read a case that the defendant was underemployment by a Canadian company and the result said those days does count towards meeting RO.
Again, completely irrelevant in your situation because you already DON'T meet the RO.

Reactions: Buletruck

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
And how do you know you’ll be as fortunate as you were when you arrived in Canada after being away since originally landing in 1997, and you didn’t get reported ?
Like seriously, you weren’t in Canada for 22 years, and you want to raise your chances of getting pulled ? You were extremely fortunate that time, don’t count on that happening continuously
The government seriously has to implement that arrival departure matching system sooner then later

Last edited:
Reactions: jddd

bedema

Mar 29, 2019
I believe our country is doing a favor to people like me. People like me are no criminals. People like me, majority are good people and we do pay our tax. We are doing the country something good. Surely, that's just my subjective comment, like some of us here, and we do want to build our country.

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
I believe our country is doing a favor to people like me. People like me are no criminals. People like me, majority are good people and we do pay our tax. We are doing the country something good. Surely, that's just my subjective comment, like some of us here, and we do want to build our country.
When you say “our country” do you mean Canada or your home country? Confusing since, if I read above correctly, you were not in Canada for 22 years?

If you are talking about Canada, it is NOT a favour. You got lucky. Simple as that. Wanna push your luck again? Up to you.

People need to stop talking about not being criminals and paying taxes as something that Canada should be thankful for! Seriously! The PR obligation is so lenient! Not being a criminal benefits YOU not Canada! Paying taxes does not mean Canada should owe you anything. You do access the perks of tax funded benefits correct?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You could get caught next time. They are slowly updating the computer systems and will see that you keep returning to Canada and look into whether you are living here illegally. Your inability to leave had to be considered when you suddenly decided to move back to Canada. Same as your inability to sponsor a child or spouse if they are not Canadian until you are compliant with your RO. Were you able to get a health card?

Reactions: Buletruck and jddd