+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference letter for Outsourced employee

nbgr

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Hi,

From 2013 to 2016 I have worked as an outsourced network engineer to an IT company but was hired for that position and had my contract managed by a staffing agency. Apart from receiving payment from them, I had close to zero relationship with the staffing company and therefore they can not attest to my job duties.

I have a letter ready to be signed by my former manager at the IT company but I'm not sure if I should mention the staffing agency on the letter and ask an HR representative to sign the letter as well. Has anyone here had a similar problem? What would you guys advise I should do?

astra_cub

Jun 4, 2017
:confused:

You worked for a company, its irrelevant for cic if you got hired through linkedin or staffing agency or through any other source. The manager/supervisor at your workplace is happy to give you a letter with duties. What's the problem then ?

There can be two things either you were employee or you worked as a consultant. For latter you've to provide documents which self-employed people provide.

nbgr

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
:confused:

You worked for a company, its irrelevant for cic if you got hired through linkedin or staffing agency or through any other source. The manager/supervisor at your workplace is happy to give you a letter with duties. What's the problem then ?

There can be two things either you were employee or you worked as a consultant. For latter you've to provide documents which self-employed people provide.
I was not a self employed consultant but I was hired and paid by one company (staffing company) to work as an outsourced engineer to the actual company I worked for. I don’t think it would be a problem but I would like know if CIC needs a reference from the staffing agency as well.

Thanks for the reply