+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment records uploads for a offered Postdoctoral position in Canada

Juni17

Mar 27, 2024
Hi,
I have recently completed my PhD from India and have been offered a postdoctoral position in Canada. I am applying for an employer specific LMIA exempt work permit from outside Canada.
While submitting the application I found out that I have to upload the "Employer Reference Letter", "Letter from current employer" and "Employment records" along with the online application.
However, I have never been employed prior to this.
Can anyone suggest what should I do in this case.

AghA13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Hi,
I have recently completed my PhD from India and have been offered a postdoctoral position in Canada. I am applying for an employer specific LMIA exempt work permit from outside Canada.
While submitting the application I found out that I have to upload the "Employer Reference Letter", "Letter from current employer" and "Employment records" along with the online application.
However, I have never been employed prior to this.
Can anyone suggest what should I do in this case.
Hi, if you don't have work experience, you can write an explanation letter and explain that you just finished your studies and this position will be your first working experience.

Juni17

Mar 27, 2024
Hi, if you don't have work experience, you can write an explanation letter and explain that you just finished your studies and this position will be your first working experience.
Thank you so much for the clarification.