+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment agencies experience

dazzler1234

May 5, 2012
Hi guys
I want to understand if any of you have contacted any of the employment agencies e.g. COSTI and what is your feedback on their usefulness? They they have opportunities for professional jobs also or is it mostly survival jobs? Also what kind of services do they perform? What is the best way to look for jobs, is it go through headhunters/recruiters or through these agencies.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Use all possible routes to get a job. Headhunters/ recruiters are also useful as they connect candidates to employer, but don't just sit on them. Not all professional jobs are always easy to get, sometimes some local education or courses are required to qualify for professional job in Canada.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
dazzler1234 said:
Hi guys
I want to understand if any of you have contacted any of the employment agencies e.g. COSTI and what is your feedback on their usefulness? They they have opportunities for professional jobs also or is it mostly survival jobs? Also what kind of services do they perform? What is the best way to look for jobs, is it go through headhunters/recruiters or through these agencies.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.
usually they help with formatting your cv, providing you tips on how to initiate your jobsearch...but i think the most they can offer is an internship, which is also good ofcourse as it will give you the chance to connect with employers

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
What kind of work are you looking for? Some recruiters work only in one industry or profession or management level, and will have lots of contacts they can put to work for you. "Most" reputable recruiters and agencies do not charge you, the applicant; their fees are paid by the employer. You can get LOTS of general job search advice and post your own profile or resume on LinkedIn or Monster at no charge. Indeed.ca and Workopolis have lots of listings, and will send you alerts for positions you are interested in.
Harsher is right--try all methods and keep trying! I spend 3 hours or more every day on my search, and I'm starting to get results. Good luck!