+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer Willingness to Support (BC PNP)

nganhk1

Apr 6, 2017
Hello All,

Thank you for your time. I would appreciate any opinions that you give me based on my situation. I'm very worried of what I should do.

When I applied for a position at KPMG (Big 4 Accounting Firm), my employer asked if I needed any sponsorship from them. Having lived in US for a long time, sponsorship means to me in a sense that employers will have to do legal work for me and also pay for anything that entails in my H1B visa. In good faith, I said No.

I will have an open work permit of 12 months after graduating from a Masters degree in Ontario. After doing some research, I realize that BC PNP does have a stream for Masters degree student to apply, however, there must be employers' support (no legal fees, only some employer paperwork and job verification). My employer doesn't even need to do LMIA.

Today, I talked to my lawyer and he said most of the time, especially accounting firms are not willing to support as they are hesitant to disclose their business. I don't think I have an understanding of how much an impact it would be for them to fill out some paperwork with no fees involve.

My question is: Should I proceed and ask HR? What if they revoke my job offer? It was extremely difficult for me to find this job in B.C. Has anyone been in the same situation? Can you please give me a word of advice?

Thank you so much.

Reactions: jyken

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
They need to sign a document to disclose any informations requested, and that they comply with the regulations. I don't know if the company is willing to do this.

The documents aren't difficult to get. My HR got everything within 1 day but we are not a big firm. Although you don't need them to pay anything now. Depending on how the process goes, you might need a closed work permit, which will cost them $230.

I told my employer everything at the beginning, knowing that I will lose everything if they don't sponsor me afterwards.

I cannot tell you what will be best. But consider what will your plan B be for any scenarios.

nganhk1

Apr 6, 2017
Thank you for your help. I honestly didn't know the process as I thought my master degree is sufficient for me to apply for PR after the work permit. Now that I look into it, the process is much harder and requires the employer's support.

I don't know what to do. I won't start until Oct. Should I come clean with them?

Balajivellai

Star Member
Sep 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
Can someone let me know employers at BC who support PNP program
Its all about your job profile and how demand your job in BC, now a days cook, carpenter, cabinet maker , welder like these job employer are ready to support people.