+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer verification mail and call

Madhu2564

Sep 23, 2022
Can anyone shed some light how Immigration office do employer verification. if he sends email to hr or authorized signatory what exactly will he ask? is there any call or physical verification too?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I previously asked you in the thread why you decided to forge a document containing your employer's signature. You have refused to answer thus far.

Nobody can give you an insight into this process - but believe me, if an immigration officer picks up discrepancies between the document you altered and what your employer tells them, then you're in trouble. He/she can ask whatever questions they want to verify your job and what you do.

I have no idea why you decided to amend an official document after it was signed. This is a very awful thing to do in Canadian culture and it generally amounts to a crime/misrepresentation.

I hope for your sake what you did was an innocent mistake or minor change for clarification, but for God sake do not ever do it again.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

Madhu2564

Sep 23, 2022
I previously asked you in the thread why you decided to forge a document containing your employer's signature. You have refused to answer thus far.

Nobody can give you an insight into this process - but believe me, if an immigration officer picks up discrepancies between the document you altered and what your employer tells them, then you're in trouble. He/she can ask whatever questions they want to verify your job and what you do.

I have no idea why you decided to amend an official document after it was signed. This is a very awful thing to do in Canadian culture and it generally amounts to a crime/misrepresentation.

I hope for your sake what you did was an innocent mistake or minor change for clarification, but for God sake do not ever do it again.
please read whole thread again, i told there to match job code one role was added by my consultant. please dont go over and make it sound like a very big crime. I m sorted i have the verification done and will have ita soon. Thanks for your reply.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Can anyone shed some light how Immigration office do employer verification. if he sends email to hr or authorized signatory what exactly will he ask? is there any call or physical verification too?
So usually its email. Employer are asked questions like your job duties, hours of work per week, took any leave or not, job title, recent paystubs.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
please read whole thread again, i told there to match job code one role was added by my consultant. please dont go over and make it sound like a very big crime. I m sorted i have the verification done and will have ita soon. Thanks for your reply.
A crime in Canada is a crime and no matter how small it is, the consequences for temporary residents like us are catastrophic (e.g. deportation or inadmissibility).

One thing you must realize about this country is that people here are required to own their mistakes and take personal responsibility and I'm dissapointed that you're choosing to portray this problem like it's nothing, but you're clearly worried and have made a thread about it.

Just accept it - you forged a document and if the forgery was around a NOC code, then what you did is absolutely a very bad thing. You cannot just be altering NOC codes in documents. This makes you untrustworthy.

Your fate is now in the hands of an officer who may or may not look closely at the thing you're worried about.

Rest assured, I hope you learn from this lesson. Don't ever forge documents or do things like this without consent in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It can be several things including a web search, a phone call to HR or in some cases even an in-person visit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is it actually that serious? I thought they just read the letters and decide based on that.
In-person visits are very rare but yes, they can happen and we've seen some instances on this forum and where this has been mentioned in GCMS notes. From what I can remember, the in-person visits we've seen on this forum have been in cases where IRCC has wanted to confirm the business exists. Calls to the employer are more common and not that unusual. IRCC doesn't do calls in every case, but IRCC can chose to pick up the phone and call the employer if they have any questions / concerns / want to verify employment. Often they will make a decision based on the information included in the application. However it's not completely uncommon for them to call the employer.

Reactions: YVR123