+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer Specific (Closed) Work Permit - Online Study

akshu23

May 17, 2020
Hi, I'm on an employer specific work permit which states that "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course.”
Does this apply to courses in Canada or does it also apply to online courses from US Universities?
For instance, I’m interested in an MA course from a US university, which is primarily online/distance learning/part time, with a couple of weeks of on-campus study.

Would I be eligible to apply to such courses from Canada, on the current work permit?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'm on an employer specific work permit which states that "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course.”
Does this apply to courses in Canada or does it also apply to online courses from US Universities?
For instance, I’m interested in an MA course from a US university, which is primarily online/distance learning/part time, with a couple of weeks of on-campus study.

Would I be eligible to apply to such courses from Canada, on the current work permit?

Thanks!
You are fine to take the MA from a US university. This only applies to studies in Canada.