+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer Reference Letter

Popopopo

Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

I would like to apply for CEC. I am able to get the reference letter from my manager, stating my employment duration, job duties, salay, benefits, and my position. However, I do not have my offer letter, because I was contacted by the phone, and just start working in the company.

Do you think the reference letter from my manager will be enough?

I am so confused not.

Thank you

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Of course, the offer letter is not required at all. It is only needed if you do not have proper employment letter.

Popopopo

Feb 13, 2014
What a relief.

Currently I do not my T4, do you think i should wait until my T4 is provided? or should I just submit my document without T4 and send later?

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
Popopopo said:
What a relief.

Currently I do not my T4, do you think i should wait until my T4 is provided? or should I just submit my document without T4 and send later?
Hi, the latest T4 and NOA is required. However, if last year covers most of your one year qualifying exp, 2013 info is better. You could either 1) send without them and write an cover letter which I have seen some members did the same and they got AOR, 2) wait for another weeks to get them ready. If you are in NOC level B, probably first option works better. This is my thought.

iamelle

Oct 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
Sept 9, 2014
Med's Done....
Sept 19, 2014
Passport Req..
January 21, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2015
LANDED..........
March 28, 2015
Write a cover letter saying that the document will be submitted when available but you can attach a copy of your payslips for 1 year. I will do the same thing.

Popopopo

Feb 13, 2014
Yah, but my paystubs showing CSR as occupation, because of the grouping. I am afraid to submit these paystubs, because the reviewer may find it weird. Do you think so?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
GHD1213 said:
Hi, the latest T4 and NOA is required. However, if last year covers most of your one year qualifying exp, 2013 info is better. You could either 1) send without them and write an cover letter which I have seen some members did the same and they got AOR, 2) wait for another weeks to get them ready. If you are in NOC level B, probably first option works better. This is my thought.

Ask you employer to give you your T4, and file your tax return if possible. CRA has started accepting tax returns from Feb 10th. I filed mine yesterday and I will be sending my PR file by 28 Feb. P.S. its better to wait for a week or so rather than getting headache of getting it, sending it and then keep mailing CIC whether they received it or not. To avoid all that complexion I filed my tax return early so that I can get NOA before I submit my file.

Popopopo

Feb 13, 2014
Yeah... I already asked them and they only able to give me the T4 on the 28th. Do you know how long does it take for CRA to process the NOA?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Popopopo said:
Yah, but my paystubs showing CSR as occupation, because of the grouping. I am afraid to submit these paystubs, because the reviewer may find it weird. Do you think so?
Get a letter from Manager or Employer that the occupation mentioned on paystubs is wrong and why it is wrong, and then attach that letter above paystub copies. Its kind of explanation letter. Just to be on safe side. I would have done that I was at your place. Still seek for better advice if you can get one.
Hope this helps.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Popopopo said:
Yeah... I already asked them and they only able to give me the T4 on the 28th. Do you know how long does it take for CRA to process the NOA?
Why 28th? Isn't it to late? Anyways, if you paper file your tax return it takes about 5 weeks, and if you e-file it mostly 4-5 days to get NOA in your CRA account and 8-9 business days through mail.