+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer reference letter - A nightmare to get

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hello guys !!

Ontario has given Notification of Interest in MyCiC account to apply under their PNP.

In their application, employer reference letter is asked in Company letter head. Using this forum, I have already exhibited my reluctance in obtaining the same.

I have emailed Ontario Government if I can print the job description in a plain sheet, signed by my manager, notarized against authenticity. This idea was proposed earlier by Asivad Anac. Yet to hear from them back.

Meanwhile guys, suggest me a better way out of this. My employer is never going to give me such letters while in service. Thanks.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Dear fatehelps,

It is an eternal problem that we all face. Getting a reference letter from the current job! It was a huge headache for me and my 2014 application got returned/rejected due to the exact reason that I could not provide a proper letter. I had managed to get a letter from the company CEO for the purpose of applying for a house loan in India and they decided to modify the letter format to not include job duties because it was "not needed". Hence my application got returned. :mad: I get so angry thinking about it now that I did not do Plan B of getting a notarised affidavit from a former co-worker or something like that. Because of that I had to wait till this year to apply again.

This time I actually confided in my immediate boss that I need to at least try for this immigration option. I assured him that it won't be very soon and that it will take at least a year to work, if at all it works. Then I typed up everything in the exact format reqd by CIC and made sure there were at least 10 job duties and they all sufficiently matched the NOC duties but at the same time not sounding like a direct rip off of NOC duties. He signed it for me and promised to keep it secret from everybody else including the company CEO. He himself is going to retire from his job soon, so I guess he was cool with it. Try to find somebody like that in your company who is either extremely frustrated with the company or is looking to leave. :p Of course I don't know what's gonna happen now if CIC calls my CEO or head office directly to verify my employment. They will have no clue! And I'll have to tell them the truth. I hope they call my immediate boss or myself instead.

So try that idea. Make sure you provide complete contact details (personal cell phone number, email address and business card if possible) of the person in the company helping you out.

Best of luck!

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hello Musikwala :

Sorry to hear that your application was refused last year for this employee reference letter reason.

When your immediate boss has signed in company letter head, you'll have nothing to majorly worry.

In your case I feel, your immediate boss who is retiring from services soon will be unable to give you reference thro' email,if contacted by CiC. So beware about this situation. Cic wouldn't bother to ring anyone internationally to investigate employment referees, unless it is extremely required. If applicant is not residing in Canada, the probable point of contact is only thro' official email specified in business card.

Share your present application status and we shall try to group and help each other.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
fatehelps said:
In your case I feel, your immediate boss who is retiring from services soon will be unable to give you reference thro' email,if contacted by CiC. So beware about this situation.
I didn't get your point here.

I have given my immediate boss's direct cell phone number on the reference letter under his signature and name. I've also alerted him in case CIC calls him.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Hello Musikwala,

I was assuming when your immediate boss retires, he may not continue using his official email id. So Cic cannot contact your referee thro' email.

If your referee is not in Canada, Cic may never ring international number to get details about your work and would return your application as unverifiable.

If your referee is in Canada, you're home. Nothing to worry. Good luck !!

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
Oh okay I get what you're saying. Nothing to worry. I don't think my boss will retire for another year or so.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
fatehelps said:
@ Musikwala :

So you got any PNP nomination? Tell about your CRS score and other details.
Not yet. All details to the left of my posts. ;)

vsgautam

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-10-2015
Passport Req..
19 March 2016
Hi All,

I am opting to get a notarized job reference letter for my current employment to be supported by additional documents like pay slip etc. While drafting a LOE to explain the reason, I am mentioning that the company has verbally refused to provide this letter while I am in employment with them. However, in reality I have not requested them for the same because of the obvious reason of uncertainty in obtaining PR and I do not want my current employers to know my intent of leaving the organization in near future.

I would like your thoughts if I should proceed with this? Also, alternative reasons which can be used in the LOE are most welcome.

P.S. - The option of requesting the current organisation for the letter is totally out of question.

Thanks in advance.

VSG