waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
hi there,

a couple of questions on employer letters. I have my employer drafting up a basic letter in support of my CEC application that states what they ask for:

period of employment
position(s) held
main responsibilities and duties
total annual salary and benefits
number of hours worked per week

and am wondering a couple of things. It asks that extra documentation of my english language proficiency (i am a native english speaker, so won't be taking a test) come from a letter from my employer. Should i just have my boss add in a paragraph about my work experience in English through speaking, reading, writing, etc? Or have him make a separate letter stating that?

Additionally, I made myself a note at some point along my drafting of this application that CIC wanted to have a letter from my current employer (who sponsored my work permit) stating their intent to offer me my current position indefinitely upon successful immigration to Canada. I can't find that anywhere now, and so i am wondering if i am making that up, or where i got that from? Similar to the above query though, if i were to need my employer to confirm something like this, would it be a separate letter, or another paragraph in the letter they are already writing about my experience, hours, etc.?

thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
pdo said:
and am wondering a couple of things. It asks that extra documentation of my english language proficiency (i am a native english speaker, so won't be taking a test) come from a letter from my employer. Should i just have my boss add in a paragraph about my work experience in English through speaking, reading, writing, etc? Or have him make a separate letter stating that?

I kind of wondered the same thing. I just asked my employer to add a statement in the letter regarding the fact that I was a native speaker of English and possessed the language skills to perform the job. I submitted the original, but copied the letter and attached it to my statement of proficiency.

Additionally, I made myself a note at some point along my drafting of this application that CIC wanted to have a letter from my current employer (who sponsored my work permit) stating their intent to offer me my current position indefinitely upon successful immigration to Canada. I can't find that anywhere now, and so i am wondering if i am making that up, or where i got that from? Similar to the above query though, if i were to need my employer to confirm something like this, would it be a separate letter, or another paragraph in the letter they are already writing about my experience, hours, etc.?

You're making it up - just kidding! You must have been considering applying through the Skilled Worker program, that's a requirement of FSW2, not CEC.

pdo

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (transferred to Ottawa CPP-O)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Request
27-02-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2012
LANDED..........
28-06-2012
ah yes, that's totally what it was. i was originally going to apply under FSW, so must have remembered ot from when I was researching that application. thanks!