yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Somehow my previous post on the forum got deleted hence reposting.

My employer from 2005 -2010 [ a significant portion of my work experience applicable to the NOC I am applying under] does not provide a detailed reference letter to ex-employees beyond the following details
1. Starting Date of empl.
2. Ending Date of empl.
3. Job Title

Has anyone else faced this issue? How did you resolve it and get the employer to provide you some sort of official communication that indicates the job duties that match your NOC code?

Please help me .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogigal said:
Somehow my previous post on the forum got deleted hence reposting.

My employer from 2005 -2010 [ a significant portion of my work experience applicable to the NOC I am applying under] does not provide a detailed reference letter to ex-employees beyond the following details
1. Starting Date of empl.
2. Ending Date of empl.
3. Job Title

Has anyone else faced this issue? How did you resolve it and get the employer to provide you some sort of official communication that indicates the job duties that match your NOC code?

Please help me .
Very common especially in large organizations.

Your fallback option is to get your colleague/supervisor to sign on a declaration that you prepare which contains everything CIC needs on a reference letter and then you get it notarized and submit that along with their business cards and an LOE which explains that you had to resort to doing this because your ex-HR refused to provide the reference letters in the format required by CIC. Along with all of that, you also attach the letter provided by the ex-HR and supporting documents to cover any missing information (could be pay stubs, tax assessment forms etc).

That should work. All the best!

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Very common especially in large organizations.

Your fallback option is to get your colleague/supervisor to sign on a declaration that you prepare which contains everything CIC needs on a reference letter and then you get it notarized and submit that along with their business cards and an LOE which explains that you had to resort to doing this because your ex-HR refused to provide the reference letters in the format required by CIC. Along with all of that, you also attach the letter provided by the ex-HR and supporting documents to cover any missing information (could be pay stubs, tax assessment forms etc).

That should work. All the best!
Thanks @Asivad. I think I can do that. Would you happen to know of folks who furnished these documents and might've got their PR? I know its a "long shot" type of a question, so feel free to not respond.

I also found this link http://www.fsw2014.info/reference-letter-problems/ online . Do you think it comes from a credible source?

Thanks [a million] again.

rahulpatel

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we do this if our employer is not willing to provide a refernce letter on a company head. WHat r the chances of visa refusal? I m also facinf similar issue

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogigal said:
Thanks @ Asivad. I think I can do that. Would you happen to know of folks who furnished these documents and might've got their PR? I know its a "long shot" type of a question, so feel free to not respond.

I also found this link http://www.fsw2014.info/reference-letter-problems/ online . Do you think it comes from a credible source?

Thanks [a million] again.
There are enough people in this forum, present and past members who have successfully taken this route to PR.

Lets face it, Infosys isn't going to be remotely interested in an ex-employee's plea for support in their PR application when they are grappling with 150,000 people already. And this situation will be the same across all global behemoths. But here is the twist. Quality talent does find it's way into those behemoths all the time. Ergo, as these behemoths are refusing referral letters all the time, quality talent would never be able to immigrate if CIC steadfastly refused to acknowledge this alternative. This is a time-tested formula and it works. Additionally, all CIC really (basically, fundamentally, at the deepest level) wants to know is if you're likely to succeed in settling down in Canada and add value to the economy instead of being a welfare leech on the system. The very fact that you've certifiably worked in a Fortune 100/500 organization adds a lot of value to your claims of being a skilled applicant who will start filling up the federal and provincial tax coffers asap. The rest of is bureaucratic and administrative meticulousness which is why you need to get the document notarized. Relax, give a mental middle finger to the behemoths (not the poor ex-HR who is just doing her job) and start calling ex colleagues and supervisors. It will be just fine.

All the best!

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Asivad Anac said:
There are enough people in this forum, present and past members who have successfully taken this route to PR.

Lets face it, Infosys isn't going to be remotely interested in an ex-employee's plea for support in their PR application when they are grappling with 150,000 people already. And this situation will be the same across all global behemoths. But here is the twist. Quality talent does find it's way into those behemoths all the time. Ergo, as these behemoths are refusing referral letters all the time, quality talent would never be able to immigrate if CIC steadfastly refused to acknowledge this alternative. This is a time-tested formula and it works. Additionally, all CIC really (basically, fundamentally, at the deepest level) wants to know is if you're likely to succeed in settling down in Canada and add value to the economy instead of being a welfare leech on the system. The very fact that you've certifiably worked in a Fortune 100/500 organization adds a lot of value to your claims of being a skilled applicant who will start filling up the federal and provincial tax coffers asap. The rest of is bureaucratic and administrative meticulousness which is why you need to get the document notarized. Relax, give a mental middle finger to the behemoths (not the poor ex-HR who is just doing her job) and start calling ex colleagues and supervisors. It will be just fine.

All the best!
Brilliant !! I took your post and put it on a "sticky note" on my Asana profile. Thank you so much for providing a bigger perspective to this process.
It IS really easy to get caught up in the smaller things when you are going through the process to be absolutely sure of everything, but your perspective provides a good direction.
I might have to start that Starbucks online refill program soon :).

Reactions: Uvr

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

All the best!
Nice :) . Wonderfully put!

"Mental Middle finger" huh? :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VERY HELPFUL THREAD....ASIVAD UR DOING GREAT JOB.

tushard8

Nov 11, 2015
Asivad appreciate your guidance and knowledge you carry. Great Post and very valuable information shared. I guess this is very common problem we all face during immigration..
Thanks a lot !!

tushard8

Nov 11, 2015
Guy's , Can someone please share the template which can be used to get colleague/supervisor declaration ?

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Dear All,

I also have same issue, actually my promotion is due by next month and i need to get experience letter from my company but as usual it will be a suspicious act from my end at this sensitive stage.....

I have gone through all the prior comments and understood what i need to do... but one thing about getting reference letter format should it be the same as experience letter but on a plane A4 paper??? or I can use company letter head (as always available to me) and from where it can be attested??? I live in Abu Dhabi so i have to go to foreign office or what???

tushard8

Nov 11, 2015
Getting the reference letter on company letter head is the best option (recommended), it has to be stamped/signed by your supervisor/manager/hr.
However I am also in need of sample reference letter which can be used as template , please share if you have one .

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
tushard8 said:
Getting the reference letter on company letter head is the best option (recommended), it has to be stamped/signed by your supervisor/manager/hr.
However I am also in need of sample reference letter which can be used as template , please share if you have one .
There is no standard reference letter format. I have been using this format which basically covers the CIC requirement. You can tweak it to meet your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee>

Reactions: canadaaspirerpari

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Stanlee said:
There is no standard reference letter format. I have been using this format which basically covers the CIC requirement. You can tweak it to meet your requirement.

Reference Letter Format

Date: _____________

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. ____________ (Name) is currently employed with __________ (Company Name) in ___________ (Location, Country).

Details of his employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (Full time/permanent/part-time):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Reporting Manager:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by ___________ (Name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For (Company Name)

<Signature of the Referee> <Company Seal>
<Name & Designation of the Referee>
<Contact No. and Email of the Referee

Thank you for your reply..

i dont know much about notarization...... who is the concerned person or organization which notarizes the documents??

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Thank you for your reply..

i dont know much about notarization...... who is the concerned person or organization which notarizes the documents??