+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employement/source of Income (Help plz)

Sunny252

Dec 19, 2017
My wife is a canadian citizen going to sponser me next month. she is still studying nd living with her parrents.
as she going to start job next week.
the problem is that what should we write in Employement /source of income section.
can she apply for a notice of assesment after getting job? or what will she do to show that she can support me there on arrival?
Please guide us as we scared our application will be returned coz of this situation

Sebeck

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
- Include a letter from your wife's (soon to be) employer, stating when she will start work, on what basis (full time? permanent?) and what salary
- Include proof that she is also still studying from her college or university and what the expected end date is
- Include anything that shows that YOU have a job (assuming you do, in Pakistan?) this helps them see you yourself will have a transferrable skill
- If it's possible, include a letter from her parents in Canada, to say that they will allow you both to stay with them in Canada and that they will support you with living costs until you are able to support yourselves and rent your own place.
- If her parents are ok with it, ask them for a bank statement showing that they have the funds to back up their offer of supporting you both.
- You could also write a plan of how you will support yourself in the future, ie, how you will look for a job, what you will aim for, etc. It shows you have done research and they like that!

We did all of these steps because we are both living outside of Canada in a country where the income is nowhere near the level of a Canadian salary, so it is not comparable when translated to $ and looked quite bad.

We had no problems. Good luck!