+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email Replies from CHC - Local Visa Offices

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

This is to share with people the email replies which local visa offices send.

These three email have been posted by rocky272727, Nit4Canada and mhkhan.

Rocky27272, Status In process emailed CHC New Delhi to ask about the status of application in reply it was:-
The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letter that you have received gave you the average processing time for visa applications for the category in which you have applied, if an interview or further investigation is not required.

Further investigations are necessary in relation with the processing of your application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out in the AOR letter.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including eligibility, health, security and criminality.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required

Nit4Canada sent email to New Delhi and they replied:-
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

This is in response to your request for an update on the status of your application.

We do our best to make sure everyone who has applied to immigrate to or visit Canada is provided with effective and efficient service. We receive an enormous amount of correspondence daily. Although we would like to respond to all of it, we recognize that it takes resources away from processing applications, which leads to longer processing times. As a result, we do not provide detailed replies to applicants requesting a status update on their application.

Applicants for temporary status as a visitor, worker, or student who applied through a VFS Canada Visa Application Centre may check the status of their application through VFS: http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/contactus.html

Applicants can also check the Processing Times page on our website for information about how long it takes for applications in the same category to be finalized: http://geo.international.gc.ca/asia/new-delhi/site/servstan-en.aspx

Keep in mind that the processing times for temporary resident applications are quite short, so that by the time you receive this reply, your application may have already been processed and finalized. At the same time, please note that changes in the volume of new applications received and in the resources available to process them can lead to shorter or longer processing times. Some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others. Processing could be delayed by any of the following factors:

An interview is required
The applicant has not complied with a request for documents or information
We are awaiting the results of background checks or verifications
A medical examination and/or treatment is required

Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. If any action is required on your part, we will contact you using the contact information you have provided on your application.

If you are making an enquiry on behalf of a friend or relative, please note the Canadian Privacy Act prohibits the disclosure of personal information from our files without the written consent of the person concerned. Information may only be disclosed to a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident specifically named by that person, or to an authorized representative. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/index.asp for further details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum to help us serve you better.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Mhkhan send email to New Delhi and they replied:-
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please be advised that file is in process. At this point there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.

People here can share it if they do not have problem so that some new applicants can gain something out of it.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank -U for the info Guy's.

These all look like Generic replies(letters) though, which they just copy and paste, I guess.(LOL)
Fair enough, Imagine that they start responding to each and every query. Hmm, I guess they will need to employ people full time, just to answer to queries/emails.

jigna

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th APRIL
Doc's Request.
20th JUL
Med's Request
29th SEP
Med's Done....
3rd OCT
Passport Req..
29th SEP
VISA ISSUED...
2nd FEB
LANDED..........
planning in MARCH
very nice thread rockey.....

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rocky/Jigna/ Bobby b and ALL,

From the above posted responses, it can be inferred that rocky's application is delaying because of further checks/investigation.

Mhkhan's application is awaiting review, according to them. Usually the application is reviewed first and if eligible, status is changed to " In Process". The reply, therefore, does not make much sense to me. What is other's opinion?

The response to email is very very generic and i cannot assume any reason for the delay. By reading the reply, could somebody be able to suggest what is the reason for delay in my application?. Thanks

jsp

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is really a nice thread.

I am posting here the e-mail replied to my query to know whether my full application was delivered there as my e-case was showing In-process(same as even before sending of full application)

We have received the requested information/documents and your application is currently awaiting a review by a visa officer.

At this point there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration
New Delhi
India / Inde

Websites/ Sites web: www.india.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
www.vfs-canada.co.in
www.goingtocanada.gc.ca

For all e-mail correspondence with our office, we request you to use the enquiries form at:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi
Always include the applicant's full name, date of birth, and file number in your message

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks people. Lets just share such information here. Well I know these are generic emails but I guess categorized generic emails as rightly said by Nit4Canada, his observation seems to be correct but nothing specific can be gaged out of it.

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
initial application to NS-2nd Nov.
Doc's Request.
14th Jan..docs sent to CHC 29th Jan.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
hi everone
i have sent my application to CIO(NOC 4131) n i havent got any reply.
since u al r into process i want 2 knw one thing from u guys...are spouse work related documents(experience letters etc) required at d time of application?i think adaptability points are given on d basis of education only,therefore we are not required to show work related evidences of the spouse.am i right??

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reet said:
hi everone
i have sent my application to CIO(NOC 4131) n i havent got any reply.
since u al r into process i want 2 knw one thing from u guys...are spouse work related documents(experience letters etc) required at d time of application?i think adaptability points are given on d basis of education only,therefore we are not required to show work related evidences of the spouse.am i right??
Please refer the visa office guidance for an answer. If your visa office is New Delhi, you need to provide some evidence about your spouse's work experience. It is true that you will not get any points, but CHC require the documents for back ground verification purpose.

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
rocky272727 said:
Hi,

This is to share with people the email replies which local visa offices send.

These three email have been posted by rocky272727, Nit4Canada and mhkhan.

Rocky27272, Status In process emailed CHC New Delhi to ask about the status of application in reply it was:-
The Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letter that you have received gave you the average processing time for visa applications for the category in which you have applied, if an interview or further investigation is not required.

Further investigations are necessary in relation with the processing of your application. Therefore, the time needed for the processing of this application has fallen outside the timeframe set out in the AOR letter.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act requires that each person applying for a visa to Canada be screened in many different ways, including eligibility, health, security and criminality.

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.

Our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required

Nit4Canada sent email to New Delhi and they replied:-
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your request for an update on the status of your application.

We do our best to make sure everyone who has applied to immigrate to or visit Canada is provided with effective and efficient service. We receive an enormous amount of correspondence daily. Although we would like to respond to all of it, we recognize that it takes resources away from processing applications, which leads to longer processing times. As a result, we do not provide detailed replies to applicants requesting a status update on their application.

Applicants for temporary status as a visitor, worker, or student who applied through a VFS Canada Visa Application Centre may check the status of their application through VFS: http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/contactus.html

Applicants can also check the Processing Times page on our website for information about how long it takes for applications in the same category to be finalized: http://geo.international.gc.ca/asia/new-delhi/site/servstan-en.aspx

Keep in mind that the processing times for temporary resident applications are quite short, so that by the time you receive this reply, your application may have already been processed and finalized. At the same time, please note that changes in the volume of new applications received and in the resources available to process them can lead to shorter or longer processing times. Some applications, owing to their complexity, take longer to process than others. Processing could be delayed by any of the following factors:

An interview is required
The applicant has not complied with a request for documents or information
We are awaiting the results of background checks or verifications
A medical examination and/or treatment is required

Applications are processed in the order in which they were received. If any action is required on your part, we will contact you using the contact information you have provided on your application.

If you are making an enquiry on behalf of a friend or relative, please note the Canadian Privacy Act prohibits the disclosure of personal information from our files without the written consent of the person concerned. Information may only be disclosed to a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident specifically named by that person, or to an authorized representative. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/index.asp for further details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum to help us serve you better.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
New Delhi
India / Inde

Mhkhan send email to New Delhi and they replied:-
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that file is in process. At this point there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly.

People here can share it if they do not have problem so that some new applicants can gain something out of it.
Dear Rocky

what u sugegst, should i send case specific enquiry or not
i sent RPRF, PP, Medicals in 1st week of dec09, may be 10 days are lost due to holidays, hence if we consider holidays only 20-22 days hadelapsed, if dunno consider holidays then over than 30 days passed??
Wat u suggest.
I enquired it from my Consultant, he told me to wait for 45-60 days...

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
Everyone,

I heard that its not good idea to follow up with CHC unless issues are there.

Because I came to know that they don't encourages asking for Status and sometimes some CIO might purposely delay the case.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Laxmikanth

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
laxmikanthms said:
Everyone,

I heard that its not good idea to follow up with CHC unless issues are there.

Because I came to know that they don't encourages asking for Status and sometimes some CIO might purposely delay the case.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Laxmikanth
its not so laxmi...., every body is not like our Indian Babus, who purposely harass the aam aadmi

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
accounts said:
Dear Rocky

what u sugegst, should i send case specific enquiry or not
i sent RPRF, PP, Medicals in 1st week of dec09, may be 10 days are lost due to holidays, hence if we consider holidays only 20-22 days hadelapsed, if dunno consider holidays then over than 30 days passed??
Wat u suggest.
I enquired it from my Consultant, he told me to wait for 45-60 days...
Well wait till Jan 10 end and if you do not get passports back then send a inquiry asking about the current status

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
Thanx Nit for ur reply..How do i contact Visa office.i guess New Delhi Visa office doesnot respond to phone queries...actually problem is dat my husband is into family business which is not in his name.so how do we go bout it??

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reet said:
Thanx Nit for ur reply..How do i contact Visa office.i guess New Delhi Visa office doesnot respond to phone queries...actually problem is dat my husband is into family business which is not in his name.so how do we go bout it??
The New Delhi visa office will not answer your enquiries about preparing the application over the phone. But you can get all the list of documents you need to submit in the visa office specific guidance. The link is here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp

Since your husband is in family buisness but nit in his name, technically he is an employee. You can submit reference letters, job contracts, pay slips and business card of the person to whom the CHC can verify the emplyment details. Remember to inform the CHC that your husband is working in his family business and be completely honest to the CHC. It is perfectly OK and common that somebody works in his family business as an employee.

Reet

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
14th Jan
File Transfer...
20th jan
Med's Request
8th March
Med's Done....
18th March
Interview........
waived-off
Passport Req..
8th March
VISA ISSUED...
26th April
LANDED..........
not decided yet
thanx Nit..hmmm i think u r right...bt my husband is not drawing any salary since business is our own..i mean its in d name of his father..so al returns n records bear my father in laws's name...dats d problm..i thnk we can show all returns as dey r...n my husband can arrange some customer feedback,bills n business card in his name etc..wat do u say will dat work?????