+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email Replies from CHC - Local Visa Offices

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Post by forum member "SG". Thanks for sharing all the copies of emails.

He sent emails to CHC and here are the replies.

Now, I have worked in USA and Canada but provided PCC for USA ONLY(both FBI and State). I have also visited dubai but that was just as a tourist for 5 days.

I had raised an email enquiry earlier @ Jan 2010 end and got a response in 2 days which was:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.
We are currently reviewing the information provided by you in support of this application.
We estimate that the review may exceed the average processing timeframe set out in the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter which you received.
Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities.
Our office will contact you as soon as the review is completed, or as soon as more information, documents or an interview are required.
Delays in the processing of visa applications are always disappointing to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

I raised another one by end March 2010 and a got a reply after 2 weeks in April.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Under Canada's immigration legislation, all immigrant applications are subject to statutory requirements, including medical and background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. In this context, certain background investigations are being conducted in connection with your application. As these investigations are conducted by outside agencies, we have no purview over the processing time. We are therefore unable to give an exact time frame in which we expect to conclude the verifications on this case.

For now, there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the checks are completed the next steps in this application will be determined. Until then, we will not be able to provide any additional information on this case.

Delays in the processing of visa applications are always disappointing to all concerned, but rest assured that all efforts are being made to ensure efficient and expeditious processing of all visa applications.

FINALLY!!!!!

I got a reply to my email enquiry, background checks are over. Hope its good news SOON!!!!

Dear Sir/Madam,

Backround checks on this application have been completed and currently File is pending for final review by the responsible processing team and a decision by the officer. As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required. If the officer is satisfied all requirements have been met, visas will be issued, following which we will return the passports to the applicant by registered mail. Kindly note that it can take several days for registered mail to reach its destination.

For general processing times please refer to website at :- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Cheers!!!