+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email Id confusion

rak_1985

Nov 12, 2013
Hi All,

Need some help regarding the email id given to CIC.

When I applied for my PR , I had appointed a User Representative (who is my cousin) as I knew I would be coming back to home country.
Now that I am expecting my MR in coming few weeks , for the last few times CIC has sent emails to my User Rep requesting for RCMP etc...

Though I have given my email id , CIC still communicates with my User Rep. All User Rep does is a quick FYI to my email id.
When I respond to emails I do it from my email id.

My Question : is it OK responding with my email id for any any emails sent to my User Rep or is it that response should be sent by User Rep id.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
rak_1985 said:
Hi All,

Need some help regarding the email id given to CIC.

When I applied for my PR , I had appointed a User Representative (who is my cousin) as I knew I would be coming back to home country.
Now that I am expecting my MR in coming few weeks , for the last few times CIC has sent emails to my User Rep requesting for RCMP etc...

Though I have given my email id , CIC still communicates with my User Rep. All User Rep does is a quick FYI to my email id.
When I respond to emails I do it from my email id.

My Question : is it OK responding with my email id for any any emails sent to my User Rep or is it that response should be sent by User Rep id.

You can respond to CIC from any email address. If he forwards every email to you, then that's fine.
If you follow these instructions to email CIC, you'll be good to go.

>> http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/3/post/2014/01/how-do-i-contact-citizenship-and-immigration-canada-regarding-my-cec-application.html

nickutis

Star Member
Jul 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013 July 8th
AOR Received.
2013 September 3rd
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
2014 February 20th
Med's Done....
2014 March 6th
LANDED..........
2014 May 29th
This is what I got when sending RPRF receipt from other email of mine:

Under the Privacy Act, this office is not authorized to make any changes to a file or communicate any details concerning a file to persons or representatives without authorized and expressed consent of the client concerned. We do not currently have an authorization on file to make changes or provide any information regarding this file to this email address: my_other_email @ gmail.com

If a client has chosen you to become his or her representative with the Department of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), he or she should first complete form IMM 5476.

If you are a client of CIC and wish to add an email address or change the email address currently on file for your application, please forward to us an email from the email address that was originally provided to us on file. If you can no longer access the email address that you initially provided or if you never provided an email address on your application, you may write a letter indicating this change bearing your signature and send it to our office by mail, as per the address indicated below, or scan the letter and send it by email.

Thank you for your understanding.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nickutis said:
This is what I got when sending RPRF receipt from other email of mine:
That's interesting. I emailed CIC from two different email addresses and never got that message.
Guess that officer is playing by the rules. If you want to communicate with CIC using your email address,
you will have to change your contact information on file, I guess.

stevejohhnym

Jan 25, 2015
Hi,

I too included my uncle as a user representative. He is the one who received the confirmation email for processing. How did it go for you after that? Has your local embassy called you for medical or did they also inform the user representative?

Thanks!
Stephen