+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
all

can poeple kindly elaborate on what could have flagged the immigration agent to forward your application for second review? if the canadian entry border report and passport stamps clearly support your case, why would they send for second reviews?

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
Hey, this is not the secondary review letter. no need to panic. i received the same email in early December, 2018. preped and sent out the documents in about 2 weeks. received the card in early January.

I would also provide airline e-tickets, past utility bills, NOAs, credit card statements, and medical records if there is any.

hi - did you provide travel records from governments of the countries you travelled to? this takes time? isn;t it enough to have the the canadian border entry records and passports stamps?

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Can anyone advice me about the PR Renewal Interview at the Local Office? What kinds of questions do they ask and do they make a decision right after the interview?
TIA.

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
Can anyone advice me about the PR Renewal Interview at the Local Office? What kinds of questions do they ask and do they make a decision right after the interview?
TIA.
Hi,
I remember a friend applied for urgent PR renewal ( but his case was 5 years ago or so ), they asked him to come to office for an interview
and they only asked him about one stamp on his passport as there was a conflict between and his application and he got the approval and they printed his card right away, but I am not sure if they changed there process.

would you please let me know about your case and how long it takes? as mine is it took more than the regular process time.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I applied in April last year. Was asked for passport pages, entry exit certificate, and proof of physical presence. Sent documents in August. On Jan13, 2020 I got an email to come for an interview on Jan 16, 2020 with all the documents. Went to the interview. The officer said they will send an email within 5-6 days for another interview and that officer will decide for my pr renewal. Applied with almost 2.5 years presence. Anyone been through the same or similar experience? It has been 5 days but they still havent sent email for the second interview, you think I should waitor is it something to worry about? Please advice.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I applied in April last year. Was asked for passport pages, entry exit certificate, and proof of physical presence. Sent documents in August. On Jan13, 2020 I got an email to come for an interview on Jan 16, 2020 with all the documents. Went to the interview. The officer said they will send an email within 5-6 days for another interview and that officer will decide for my pr renewal. Applied with almost 2.5 years presence. Anyone been through the same or similar experience? It has been 5 days but they still havent sent email for the second interview, you think I should waitor is it something to worry about? Please advice.
Any suggestions?

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Has anyone who went into local office review recieved their cards? Please share your timelines for others to get a ray of hope.
Thank you! :)

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi, have you had your interview? How did it go? What kind of questions did they ask you?
My interview's decision is still to decided by them. For now I am hoping for my kid's file to be approved. They are both under 18. They applied seperately, 4 months after me, and have a lot of more days of presence than myself (almost4 years at the time of applying). There file was also referred to the local office after we sent the additional documents they requested.
Their application recieved: July 2019
Documents requested: September 2019
Sent documents: October 2019
No reply since then.
Anyone else through the same issue at the moment?