ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
EMMA22 said:
Hello all,
My application has been sent for secondary review on OCT 31st 2016. I have been reading this forum for a while. My issue is that I am unable to excess my application status on ecas. I have tried many different ways and contacted CIC many times with no fruitful results. Does anyone know why I can't see my application status on ecas? Would appreciate help.
Mine initially didn't show for about 1 month. So maybe u just have to wait. Cic is a bit slow. Or make sure all info is entered correctly. Since u have called mayb wait a bit

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
error 34 said:
my status also not indicating secondary review
Your status on e-cas will not indicate "secondary review", at least mine didn't. I knew it was sent to secondary review because CIC sent to me a message in my e-mail telling me that.

Within 5 days it will complete 9 months after secondary review notification, and it is not shown on my e-cas.

Matheus

ohalawani

Oct 22, 2016
EMMA22 said:
Could you suggest the best way to type , i don't know how i can type differently to get my ecas working.
I have the same problem. I don't think it is related to the way you are typing. Sometimes you have no access to your ecas file. Better call and confirm they have your details correctly or request details on your file using the privacy act.

ohalawani

Oct 22, 2016
Today I called CIC . After waiting for 20 minutes on the phone, an agent answered. I provided my details and she put me on hold for 30 seconds.

She said you called at the right time, this morning we approved your card and we put a request to produce it. So you should be getting it shortly.

Just to note, that last week my employer sent me a letter to attend training in Sweden for first week of March.I have used that letter to submit a request for urgent processing. I am not sure if that has triggered the processing or not. Because also my timeline ,having received the secondary review in Oct 2016, indicates that I might have been next in-line.

I will post again once I get my card.

Feb 10, 2017
I found this forum only after I had sent my application to renew my PR card. Before applying to renew my PR card, I read 100 times all rules and requirements on the official website for renewal process. I checked 20 times how long will it take to renew a PR card. There was stated that it takes more than 60 days, than it was more than 40 days. I never even heard about the second review.
My suggestion is that if this process of renewing a PR card takes so much time for people who were out of Canada for a few times then it should be clearly stated that please be aware that there might be the secondary review for those who were not in Canada during sometime within a five-year period.
At least, people could be aware of such situation. That it takes years to renew a PR card, but not 60 days as it was stated on the official website.
If people need to provide the information for exits and entries from/to Canada, then why on the official website it is not written in advance to make life easier for people who are experiencing this stressful time with renewal of PR cards?
If people are aware that they will need this information then at least it will be possible to take photocopies of boarding passes.
I thought that there is a database for people who are entering and exiting Canada.
But it appears, that there is no information for exits from Canada.
Canada Border Services Agency does not have information for exits of person.
People, who never dealt with this renewal process before, could at least collect all information for their exits and entries to Canada for a five-year period.
Even regarding the photocopy of passport, it should be clearly stated on the official website “please take a copy of the passport (even blank pages)”.
Why it is not stated clearly on the official website?
People undergo through a long tiresome process to get a Permanent Resident card of Canada. People learn languages, save money during years to get to Canada. Then, again difficulties, renting a flat, finding a job, studying.
And after all, it appears that there is a secondary review, which might take a year or more.

ohalawani

Oct 22, 2016
*_GAK_* said:
Hello Everyone !

Just to give you an update that I finally got my invitation to oath and my PR is still under secondary review :D :D (wasnt expecting it but I am so happy :) )I guess my PR renewal would be cancelled.Good luck to all of you and thanks for all your help !
Congrats! BTW what was your timeline for citizenship application?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Update just received my PR card in the mail. It was mailed on the 16th of Feb 2017 received 22nd of Feb 2017. wish all you hopeful speedy cards. Amen

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
ibry said:
Update just received my PR card in the mail. It was mailed on the 16th of Feb 2017 received 22nd of Feb 2017. wish all you hopeful soeedy cards. Amen
Congrats Ibry!!!

I gotta a question for you and those who received their cards lately. What's the new expiration date? Five years after the date of the last card expiration or 5 years after the date the card was printed or issued? Thanks!

Matheus

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
MatQue said:
Congrats Ibry!!!

I gotta a question for you and those who received their cards lately. What's the new expiration date? Five years after the date of the last card expiration or 5 years after the date the card was printed or issued? Thanks!

Matheus
5 years from the date card was printed.

Hope you will get yours soon

Elie

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
MatQue said:
Congrats Ibry!!!

Matheus
Thanks. 5 years after the date it was printed. Mine says FEB 11.

Nov 1, 2016
Here my time
We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 4, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 11, 2016.
Secondary Review 2016-09-26
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 19, 2017.
I thank every one participate in this group

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
elie72 said:
5 years from the date card was printed.

Hope you will get yours soon

Elie
Hi Ellie72,

thanks for your response. I hope so... Reeeeally tired of this waiting lol

Take care!

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
ibry said:
Thanks. 5 years after the date it was printed. Mine says FEB 11.
Thanks Ibry... So, the two out of five-year period to keep the RO starts from this date?

Take care!