+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

nrkumar4004

Feb 16, 2017
Hello All,

I am new to this forum and my file was referred to secondary review in Oct 2016. Can anyone Please tell me as what is the procedure of applying for ATIP files and notes. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Saga said:
Deat all - what a huge relief. I just logged ro the application status page of CIC like I have been doing 10 times a day for the last 5 months and was sooooo happy to see that my card was shipped on February 16. Here's my timeline below:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 5, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 11, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 12, 2016.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 16, 2017.

I was refered to SR in September 2016.
To all who check their status, make sure you click on the In Progress status as the actual update is me tioned inside.

Thank you all for being here and supporting on this long and frustrating wait. Hope all others will get theirs soon.

Cheers,

Congratulations Saga, yes what a relief to not think and wonder when the card will arrive anymore. Very happy for you!
Hope everyone will have theirs soon as well. Goodluck....

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ibry said:
Hi. Long story alert

I became a PR in 2011. I was only here for 3 months and i went back to school as i was studying dentistry at the time and my graduation date was in evitable. I finished my exams on wednessday and left the following Tuesday not even waiting for my graduation program which i was looking forward to after 6 years of the course.

I came Oct 22 2014 i only had 5 months during that time and the longer i stayed the more the 5 year frame shifted and i had to stay longer. I completed my two years stay exactly Oct 22 2016. I had 3 months extra in the 5 year frame i think i had 940 days of absence at the time ( i was adviced that it should be less than 1000 before applying)

I sent the mail and everything on Nov 3 2016 had to rush back to the post office because my dad told me to drop my expired PR card (card expired March 2016) Although a copy is the sams.

Honestly thought it will take 31 days as stated on the site so i did not bother applying for urgent processing till i came on here and started seeing 14 months 18 months 2 years with 10-12 months being the average i started panicking but praying. I bought my ticket In August 2016. I wanted to go visit my elderly parents and
also meet my in laws to be. PRTD did not look hopeful as in my country i dont even know the time line and the trip is just for three weeks.

Note i was never asked for additional documents

Here is my time line.

Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 7, 2016.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 28, 2016.

We started processing your application on November 28, 2016.

Email that it has been refered for secondary review causing a delay. Dated December 5 2016(not on the website)

Sent specific web inquiry for urgent processing along with proof of ticket receipt intenart letter from my grandpas doctor and a letter from me explaining urgency. Jan 20 2017 (not written on the website)

I started calling once a week first time i was told my urgent processing was approved same day i called on Feb 2 2017

Next i called Feb 9 2017 and i was told it had been sent to production / processing which is the last stage and i should call in a weeks time.

Called today feb 17 2016 and at the same time logged on to see that it had been shipped yesterday Feb 16 2017

Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 16, 2017.

Thanks for reading. Im writing this for people who will like to trace how long urgent processign takes and also if their story is similar to mine. I wish all of u speedy cards and i hope my parents own come out as fast and also bill c 24 is reversed so i can apply for citizenship this year

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
asif007 said:
Hi All

Does getting a PRTD have any effect (quicker processing) on getting my PR card which is in secondary review?
No it doesnt. PRTD is gotten abroad not in canada only urgent processing has any effect. Mine was shipped out yesterday. We are both december sure ull receive urs soon too

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Hi - a question to all those who have had their status changed to card shipped on ecas. Can you tell me after how many days have you had t'your card received at your mailbox?

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Saga said:
Hi - a question to all those who have had their status changed to card shipped on ecas. Can you tell me after how many days have you had t'your card received at your mailbox?

Hi Saga,
They sent mine Thursday and it got to my mailbox Monday. :)

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
asif007 said:
Hi All

Does getting a PRTD have any effect (quicker processing) on getting my PR card which is in secondary review?
I don't think so. My process is in secondary review since May 26th, 2016. I got a PRTD in Brazil on August 18th, 2016 and I'm still waiting for news...

Matheus

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
nrkumar4004 said:
Hi MatQue,

Hi I am also in Secondary review. My Secondary review date is Oct 2016. Can you please tell as what is the procedure of applying for ATIP files. Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi nrkumar4004,

you should access: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Good luck and patience!!!

Matheus

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Kissyred said:
Sigh!!! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your card yet MatQue. You have the right to feel what you felt right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. And yes, keep that faith and patience!
Thanks Kissyred, it's tough but that's what it is. Everybody here knows this feeling... Keep waiting!

Matheus

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Saga said:
Congrats saga

Loulita

Sep 18, 2016
Hi all
Thanks God! Today I checked my status and read that my PR card was delivered to me on February17. My timeline as followed:
Applied April 28, went secondary review July 31st.( we are a family of 4)
I would like to thank you all for your support!
Now, I have Citizenship application under process. I hope you all get your prs as soon as possible! I will keep updating you when I receive the cards. Have a great day :)

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Loulita said:
Hi all
Thanks God! Today I checked my status and read that my PR card was delivered to me on February17. My timeline as followed:
Applied April 28, went secondary review July 31st.( we are a family of 4)
I would like to thank you all for your support!
Now, I have Citizenship application under process. I hope you all get your prs as soon as possible! I will keep updating you when I receive the cards. Have a great day :)
Congrats Loulita!!!