Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Congratulations Shu032 - I love reading those posts everyday showing more progress in renewing those PR cards. seems things are getting faster (to some extents, since you are from the SR August 2016 batch). Crossing fingers that September will be looked at soon.

Here's the updated list ordered by secondary review referral date.

Dec 2015: tonymiz✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Jan 2016: Osama912✔, bahaar*, harshalp✔, KITJ, quari_gupta08✔
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, Mrmr*, NSL✔
Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27✔, peace65✔, jnasarat, brent16✔, ALGHope✔, mmha✔ harry2015✔, MagedYousef
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔, US123 <hubby &wife>✔, enmbs✔, TonyL✔, Frenchie1980✔
May 2016: MatQue, davidT321✔, marieh123✔
Jun 2016: Chuc✔, torhout13*✔, Blueboy1980✔
Jul 2016: Loulita, Kissyred*✔, Dribble✔
Aug2016: shu0322✔, BetSu*, Cameron2020,
Sep 2016: quasar81, Saga
Oct. 2016: Penguin23, Happy123456789, Ramkris*, ohalawani, *_GAK_*
Nov2016: peardroppop, Sayadil, jaycue, elie72✔
Dec 2016 : Asif007, ibry

* indicates additional information/documents requested
✔ indicates PR card approved

garyzhao

Dec 8, 2016
Hi Everyone:

My PR card second review has been going for almost a year. So I made a ATIP request last month.
The replying document showed that my application had been "referred to csu for triage criteria 1.bf/t1" in 2016.12.20.
Does anyone have the same experience and know what this mean and how long will it take?

Here is my Timeline
CIC received application: September 21, 2015
Started Processing: February 5, 2016
Letter sent secondary review: February 11, 2016

Gary

TonyL

Jan 13, 2017
Gary, you can inquire your PR card renewal status either by the phone or IRCC web form.

IRCC Contact Options:
IRCC Web form
Telephone number: 1-888-242-2100 (only from within Canada)
Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about IRCC programs, and check the status of your application.
Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
asif007 said:
How do you check your timeline? I have been checking on ecas which just says that my application was received on Oct 31, 2016. Thats all.
That is your timeline asif007, they will update that section whenever your application is moving. Goodluck!

garyzhao

Dec 8, 2016
Hi, Tony:
I called IRCC several times and they just told me that my card is still in second review without any useful info, so I made that ATIP request and knew that my case was "referred to csu for triage criteria 1.bf/t1" in last December.

Although I don't know when my case will come to an end, but at least by now it moved forward a step.

TonyL said:
Gary, you can inquire your PR card renewal status either by the phone or IRCC web form.

IRCC Contact Options:
IRCC Web form
Telephone number: 1-888-242-2100 (only from within Canada)
Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about IRCC programs, and check the status of your application.
Call Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
I wanna thank you all for your help and support. I was never in secondary review - but I studied all this thread quite thoroughly to ensure I didnt fall into the secondary review.

I think part of what triggers a secondary review/delays is if you have too many absecnes, in/outs or some other red flag. I ensured that my application went above and beyond what they expected so I had included T4s/Notice of Assessments/Rental Agreements/Tenancy Ledgers/Employment Letter/Complete Photocopy of Passports and a cover letter explaining my absences.

All the best to everyone. Hope this is my last time renewing PR - I am elligible to file for citizenship at the end of the year. This time I am not going to miss it.

Cheers and good luck to all.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 10, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 1, 2016.
We started processing your application on December 1, 2016.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 14, 2017.

asif007

Dec 8, 2016
pk10 said:
I wanna thank you all for your help and support. I was never in secondary review - but I studied all this thread quite thoroughly to ensure I didnt fall into the secondary review.

I think part of what triggers a secondary review/delays is if you have too many absecnes, in/outs or some other red flag. I ensured that my application went above and beyond what they expected so I had included T4s/Notice of Assessments/Rental Agreements/Tenancy Ledgers/Employment Letter/Complete Photocopy of Passports and a cover letter explaining my absences.

All the best to everyone. Hope this is my last time renewing PR - I am elligible to file for citizenship at the end of the year. This time I am not going to miss it.

Cheers and good luck to all.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 10, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 1, 2016.
We started processing your application on December 1, 2016.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 14, 2017.
It depends on personal experience. In my case, I attached all documents you mentioned but still went into secondary review. However, application of one of my son went through without any secondary review and other son has gone into secondary eeview. We all applied for renewal seperately.

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hi guys,

after almost ten months waiting for news and getting absolutely nothing from IRCC (10 days to completing 9 months after secondary review), I decided to request an ATIP file (did it right now).

I feel like forgotten, tired, misjudged. I know CIC/IRCC are doing their job, but that's just how I've been feeling in the last few weeks :'(

Good luck, patience and faith for all of us passing through this horrible process.

Take care ;)

nono

Dec 28, 2014
Hi All,

Finally and after more than year waiting, today I received my PR.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 7, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 10, 2016.
We started processing your application on March 11, 2016.
I received a letter on March 29, 2016 referring to a secondart review.
Never heared back from them untek January 25, 2017 when they sent me a letter askin me to go to CIC office with documents like new and old passprts with stamps trandslated, ID, school report cards for childrem, tax assessment notice, total absense from Canada. All these documets has been given in the original application. I dont know why they are asking for them again.

I went today to CIC office with kids. the officer just reviewd passports, my ID, Tax assessment, children report cards. Only these documents she reviewed. In passports she reviewed only the first page to compare the name and didnt ask for the translation.
She asked to see the kids.

Then she ask me to review accuray of names and DOB on all cards, then she activate them and gave them to me.
the whole review took not more than 15 minutes and waiting time before I was called is around 30 mintes.

Big relief after more than one year.

Good luck for all those still waiting and thank you as this page was a place where i get some ambitions specially from the beginning of the year as we can see that there was a movement on all 2016 applications in secondary review.

nrkumar4004

Feb 16, 2017
Hi MatQue,

Hi I am also in Secondary review. My Secondary review date is Oct 2016. Can you please tell as what is the procedure of applying for ATIP files. Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
MatQue said:
Hi guys,

after almost ten months waiting for news and getting absolutely nothing from IRCC (10 days to completing 9 months after secondary review), I decided to request an ATIP file (did it right now).

I feel like forgotten, tired, misjudged. I know CIC/IRCC are doing their job, but that's just how I've been feeling in the last few weeks :'(

Good luck, patience and faith for all of us passing through this horrible process.

Take care ;)

Sigh!!! I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your card yet MatQue. You have the right to feel what you felt right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. And yes, keep that faith and patience!

mptocanada

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I applied for my pr renewal this year.. However, when i log-in online to check the status it still shows the address of the coutnry i came from. When i click "in process" there it properly shows "we recd application for pr..." and all other details..

No clue why my address has not changed online yet.. Please can you guys give me some suggesstions on the next step to get this thing corrected? Or will it auto correct itself?

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
There is an option to update your address in eCas, also you can call them to update your address.

Good Luck!

mptocanada said:
Hi all,

I applied for my pr renewal this year.. However, when i log-in online to check the status it still shows the address of the coutnry i came from. When i click "in process" there it properly shows "we recd application for pr..." and all other details..

No clue why my address has not changed online yet.. Please can you guys give me some suggesstions on the next step to get this thing corrected? Or will it auto correct itself?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi. Long story alert

I became a PR in 2011. I was only here for 3 months and i went back to school as i was studying dentistry at the time and my graduation date was in evitable. I finished my exams on wednessday and left the following Tuesday not even waiting for my graduation program which i was looking forward to after 6 years of the course.

I came Oct 22 2014 i only had 5 months during that time and the longer i stayed the more the 5 year frame shifted and i had to stay longer. I completed my two years stay exactly Oct 22 2016. I had 3 months extra in the 5 year frame i think i had 940 days of absence at the time ( i was adviced that it should be less than 1000 before applying)

I sent the mail and everything on Nov 3 2016 had to rush back to the post office because my dad told me to drop my expired PR card (card expired March 2016) Although a copy is the sams.

Honestly thought it will take 31 days as stated on the site so i did not bother applying for urgent processing till i came on here and started seeing 14 months 18 months 2 years with 10-12 months being the average i started panicking but praying. I bought my ticket In August 2016. I wanted to go visit my elderly parents and
also meet my in laws to be. PRTD did not look hopeful as in my country i dont even know the time line and the trip is just for three weeks.

Note i was never asked for additional documents

Here is my time line.

Permanent Resident Card
We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 7, 2016.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 28, 2016.

We started processing your application on November 28, 2016.

Email that it has been refered for secondary review causing a delay. Dated December 5 2016(not on the website)

Sent specific web inquiry for urgent processing along with proof of ticket receipt intenart letter from my grandpas doctor and a letter from me explaining urgency. Jan 20 2017 (not written on the website)

I started calling once a week first time i was told my urgent processing was approved same day i called on Feb 2 2017

Next i called Feb 9 2017 and i was told it had been sent to production / processing which is the last stage and i should call in a weeks time.

Called today feb 17 2016 and at the same time logged on to see that it had been shipped yesterday Feb 16 2017

Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 16, 2017.

Thanks for reading. Im writing this for people who will like to trace how long urgent processign takes and also if their story is similar to mine. I wish all of u speedy cards and i hope my parents own come out as fast and also bill c 24 is reversed so i can apply for citizenship this year

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Deat all - what a huge relief. I just logged ro the application status page of CIC like I have been doing 10 times a day for the last 5 months and was sooooo happy to see that my card was shipped on February 16. Here's my timeline below:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 5, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 11, 2016.
We started processing your application on August 12, 2016.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 16, 2017.

I was refered to SR in September 2016.
To all who check their status, make sure you click on the In Progress status as the actual update is me tioned inside.

Thank you all for being here and supporting on this long and frustrating wait. Hope all others will get theirs soon.

Cheers,