+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
vop said:
Congrats @heeradeepak as that would be such a relief for you.

So how did you know that your case had gone to secondary review if you never saw your status online?
It seems that there was system error thats why i was not able to login.

I call them many times to fix that but as usual CIC doesn't care about this.

They send me email 13 Nov 2015 that my case gone to secondary review also i call them several times.

Yes after 17 months big relief.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
heeradeepak said:

They send me email 13 Nov 2015 that my case gone to secondary review also i call them several times.

Thank you and yes, its wonderful news! Am happy for you!

BcBB

Jul 30, 2016
heeradeepak said:

So happy for you, I will remain hopeful as I have never been able to login even after reporting the fault.

harshalp

Mar 22, 2016
Ramik said:
Congrats Raj...is there anyone who has applied in July and August 2015? I think they are next in line
It seems like they have speed up the process. Here's my timeline
We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 31, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 23, 2016.
We started processing your application on January 23, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Osama912

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
harshalp said:
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 23, 2016.
We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Kindly, I have same time line as you exactly, my question is , did you receive ur card??? I am not yet

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
I see Osama912 & Harshalp applied in August 2015. Can you let us know when you receive your PR cards? I think you are next in queue (hopefully)..Good Luck

decent guy 3

Nov 8, 2016
harshalp said:
My time line:
Application received Feb 2016
Started processing March 2016
Secondary review April 2016

I have sent a few request for an update of my application, and they always reply there is no time frame to close these type of applications, I am desperate and it´s getting difficult to plan my trips. they have not required additional information or documents. what kind of documents they asked you to send?

BcBB

Jul 30, 2016
My MP emailed today and said that my PR card has been processed and is being sent to me (no additional documentation needed).
This is great news as I have been waiting since April 2015.
Good luck to everybody still waiting. It could be a coincidence but I travelled to and from the US 2 1/2 weeks ago in my car and the Immigration officer asked me questions about my days in country etc. which I was able to answer as I had all my paperwork with me. As I said, it could be a complete coincidence or my file finally made it onto somebody's desk, who knows, great news nevertheless!

Ramik

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
July 2015: Rbar14
August 2015: Osama912, Harshalp
Nov. 2015: Ramik
Feb 2016: decent guy 3

Btw I just got my ATIP back and from it I understood that my file is now in queue at Windsor office (it was moved from Hamilton due to workload) . I think its just a matter of waiting for your turn. Stay hopeful everyone!

gauri.gupta08

Aug 6, 2013
harshalp said:
I have the exact same timeline as well. Have you received your card yet? I haven't.

Is the 17 month time frame from the date of application received OR from 'we sent you correspondence...'?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
gauri.gupta08 said:
I have the exact same timeline as well. Have you received your card yet? I haven't.

Is the 17 month time frame from the date of application received OR from 'we sent you correspondence...'?
Note: there is NO particular timeline for SR in processing a PR card application. Timeline in the individual case depends more on the particular facts and circumstances and history of that PR. The timeline is largely unrelated to how long it has taken someone else referred for SR.

A lot of the discussion in this topic is misleading to the extent it suggests commonality among those going through SR.

SR is a highly individual process. It is not directly about questioning whether the PR met the PR Residency Obligation, even if concerns about the PR's RO compliance were a factor in triggering the SR.

Thus, how long yours will take is NOT dependent on either 17 months from the date of your application NOR from date correspondence was sent.

Sure, some of the timeline information in this topic indicates how long it might be for some, and that is some information. But again, how it actually goes for any particular individual is subject to many other factors which will have more influence in how long it takes. After all, if the suspicion IRCC has (SR is primarily about more thoroughly reviewing PRs suspected of fraud or security issues) is readily resolved, the SR will not take so long; if it requires referring inquiries to overseas authorities or to CSIS for investigation, those cases tend to take quite a lot longer; referrals to CBSA for investigation take somewhere in-between.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
gauri.gupta08 said:

Its really hard to tell (and @dpenabill may have a point) because I do believe there might be a few though not many with timelines from late 2014-early 2015. Regarding the date of application received or from the date its sent for secondary review, under the conservatives, they set a 1 year deadline by which the file had to be processed from the date it went for secondary review. This article should give you some insight into the backlog (though this is from May 2016) :-

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/permanent-residence-card-delays-leave-thousands-without-id

Also, a lot of the cases seem to be for those who submitted with old photograph specifications, and older application forms etc. I am not sure how the dept handles all this because the new forms allow for consent to obtain information from the CRA too. But on the whole, if you take a conservative view estimate, yes, it is possible that every individual case is handled by itself. Since the process in itself is not really transparent unlike say the citizenship process, it is hard to say. But requests to CBSA, CRA, CSIS, overseas offices etc could all be part of the checks.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
Ramik said:
July 2015: Rbar14
August 2015: Osama912, Harshalp
Nov. 2015: Ramik
Feb 2016: decent guy 3

Btw I just got my ATIP back and from it I understood that my file is now in queue at Windsor office (it was moved from Hamilton due to workload) . I think its just a matter of waiting for your turn. Stay hopeful everyone!
So Ramik, are you saying it moved from PRC Sydney (SR Team) --> Hamilton --> Windsor ? Also, what did your previous update say ?

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
dpenabill said:
Note: there is NO particular timeline for SR in processing a PR card application. Timeline in the individual case depends more on the particular facts and circumstances and history of that PR. The timeline is largely unrelated to how long it has taken someone else referred for SR.

A lot of the discussion in this topic is misleading to the extent it suggests commonality among those going through SR.

SR is a highly individual process. It is not directly about questioning whether the PR met the PR Residency Obligation, even if concerns about the PR's RO compliance were a factor in triggering the SR.

Thus, how long yours will take is NOT dependent on either 17 months from the date of your application NOR from date correspondence was sent.

Sure, some of the timeline information in this topic indicates how long it might be for some, and that is some information. But again, how it actually goes for any particular individual is subject to many other factors which will have more influence in how long it takes. After all, if the suspicion IRCC has (SR is primarily about more thoroughly reviewing PRs suspected of fraud or security issues) is readily resolved, the SR will not take so long; if it requires referring inquiries to overseas authorities or to CSIS for investigation, those cases tend to take quite a lot longer; referrals to CBSA for investigation take somewhere in-between.
Why would there be inquiries overseas or to CSIS, this is PR card renewal!! We live in this country and they can trigger security check if they want to whenever they want, but this should not stop us from getting a new crad...PR card renewal assessment should be based on RO only. Also in ATIP, the only assessment shown is RO, while security was "not applicable". Are they lying?
Security checks should be handled seperately and should not block PR card! We are not rebewing PR status, we are renewing the card only! I do not get it.
Also, it took less time to be a PR , how come these checks are taking 17 months?? I believe PR applications requirw more extensive security and background checks and yet they take less time!