+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

AnvarKurbanov

Aug 31, 2016
tonymiz said:
Congrats!! I hope they are taking urgent processing into consideration or maybe because you contacted the MP.. not sure.. but either ways, congrats.. I hope you did not miss your flight.
Thank you much, I will not miss the flight :) I think I just was persistent, every week at least one e-mail went out :) took al the chances I could take :)

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
AnvarKurbanov said:
Thank you much, I will not miss the flight :) I think I just was persistent, every week at least one e-mail went out :) took al the chances I could take :)
That is really wonderful to hear that your card was processed! Congrats! I admire your persistence too!

AnvarKurbanov

Aug 31, 2016
Thank you!
To those who are still in the process.. be active otherwise you are pushed to "they-can-wait list". All the best, if anything I can do for you guys just write to me

mom2chthjael

Mar 21, 2015
After 1.5 years my PR card has approved, haven't received it yet.

I applied Jan 2015, they started processing March 2015.I left the country May 2015. Received a questionaire dec of 2015. Told them I was outside the country in that questionaire.
January 2016 received a letter that I had to ask for a PRTD and contact the local office once back in Canada with the PRTD.
Applied for a PRTD in March of 2016(approved within 5 days, Paris) returned to Canada july 2016. Send in the copy of PRTD in July and had the interview Aug 2016.
I was honest in this 50 min interview that by this time I was short of 11 months. The officier was very nice and i explained why I was missing the 11 months.
I showed them home insurance, rental agreement, purchase of car with insurance and school inscription of my children.
At the end i received a letter saying that I did not comply, missing 11 months but was accepted on H&C grounds. My children(canadian) and my husband(new PR resident) had settled here and I had enough proof that we have started a life here together. I have been a PR resident since the early 90's and it was my first time out of the country for a few years and very happy and relieved that it all worked out in the end.

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Hey guys, If someone cuts the RO say 720 days out of 5 years. Will they Lose their PR status for sure? I am assuming they can appeal on H*C grounds but other than that, what would cic state ? Would they send a letter that pr status is rejected and the person may appeal or is there any other process to this ?

ydrabbit

Sep 14, 2016
I think for people who is cutting really close to the PR residency obligation will have a long waiting period. I stayed in Canada almost all the time and I got mine renewed in like 2 months. My parent (Around 750 days out of the total 5 years) is waiting for over 7 months already....

rbrar14

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Attention needed on this post from you guys. Please visit this post and respond. As time is being consumed on irresitible patience of people waiting for their cards from years. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.135.html

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hi Guys,

Do any of you know what is the Responsibility Centre code: RC-9514
I ordered ATIP and it is showing this code but I am not sure what CIC office it refers to. I looked online and it seems that RC-9515 is Ottawa office, but there is no record of RC-9514..

Thanks,
Tony

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
This thread has been very quiet lately, does it mean that people received their PR cards or just got sick of complaining ? ;D

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
tonymiz said:
This thread has been very quiet lately, does it mean that people received their PR cards or just got sick of complaining ? ;D
Have you provided your name for the petition to the minister if your PR card renewal hasnt been processed yet ? If not, you can provide your name and info at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.0.html

We are expecting to have it sent out by October 1st. If you are interested, you can add your name and PM your info to AJK

daisy178

May 21, 2015
d4d said:
Application received: Mid-Feb 2015
Started processing: around 10April 2015
Sent email on the same date above regarding secondary review
No other documents requested
Received the card in mail last week of March 2016.

SO basically took exactly 13 months from the date of application.I had requested ATIP notes in December 2015 and there was no progress whatsoever. so i am assuming that after just waiting the default period, they approve and mail your card.
We were in the same timeline:
Application received:19th-Feb,2015
Started processing:2nd-April,2015,
Received email on the same day concerning secondary review;
No other documents requested;
Received the card by mail at 2nd-Feb,2016,exactly one year after the secondary review.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
vop said:
Have you provided your name for the petition to the minister if your PR card renewal hasnt been processed yet ? If not, you can provide your name and info at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.0.html

We are expecting to have it sent out by October 1st. If you are interested, you can add your name and PM your info to AJK
Hi Vop,

I did not and the reason is that I do not think this will change anything . Also I already sent the Minister of immigration and the PM email about this and I received similar reply. There was a petition submitted last year but nothing changed! I am not saying you should not send it but I peronally will not.
Thanks

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
tonymiz said:
Hi Vop,

I did not and the reason is that I do not think this will change anything . Also I already sent the Minister of immigration and the PM email about this and I received similar reply. There was a petition submitted last year but nothing changed! I am not saying you should not send it but I peronally will not.
Thanks
I agree with u Tony this petition is not a solution i have also written to PM and immigration minister and nothing happened
Only media can do this change by showing how families are suffering from Secondary review and PRTD is disaster for short trips.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Secondary review waiting time reach up to 18-20 months. Yesterday I have received my ATIP report and found that from 13 Nov 2015 no one has touch my file.

13 Nov 2015 officer who has checked my documents has written COR - Qatar.

It means he didn't check stamps properly because at time of applying PR renewal I doesn't have any valid Qatar visa and I stayed in Canada almost 3 years.

How brillante CIC officers are instead of spending time to understand the file simply choose easy way through file in secondary review and let peoples suffer for years.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Secondary review waiting time reach up to 18-20 months. Yesterday I have received my ATIP report and found that from 13 Nov 2015 no one has touch my file.

13 Nov 2015 officer who has checked my documents has written COR - Qatar.

It means he didn't check stamps properly because at time of applying PR renewal I doesn't have any valid Qatar visa and I stayed in Canada almost 3 years.

How brillante CIC officers are instead of spending time to understand the file simply choose easy way through file in secondary review and let peoples suffer for years.
Yes this is frustrating, my ATIP notes put that CoR is " unknown" even though I have been in the country for last 4 years and working at the same company!!! Also the officer did not touch my file since Nov 2015.. btw, my file as assigned to RC-9514, what is yours? They are shelfing all of our applications!!