Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
daisy178 said:
my time line:
applicaton received,19th,Feb,2015,
secondary review letter:2nd,April,2015,
Nothing happened till now.
I send two email to the person who send me the second review letter, but got no reply. :'( :'(
Your case is more than one year. Are you in canada or outside?
what you think the reason of RQ?

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daisy178 said:
my time line:
applicaton received,19th,Feb,2015,
secondary review letter:2nd,April,2015,
Nothing happened till now.
I send two email to the person who send me the second review letter, but got no reply. :'( :'(
My mother has a very similar timeline as yours and we havent heard back anything either.

applied on Feb 23, 2015
secondary review letter sent on April 10th, 2015

We tried MP enquiry. didnt help. ordered and received notes. the file has been touched at all since april 10th.

harshalp

Mar 22, 2016
Hey Guys!

I have been following this forum for a few months now so I thought I should share my situation with you people.
My situation is a bit complicated. I am originally from India and i landed in Canada in April 2009 (PR expired in April 2014). I am 20 years old, my entire family got PR but theirs expired and they decided not to move to Canada. I went back to India in June 2009. Came back in August 2013 and haven't left Canada ever since. I have been doing my Undergrad at a University. I have also been working Part-time.
I filed for PR Renewal through a lawyer in Toronto in August 2015 when I had completed a stay of approximately 750 days (not including time I spent in Canada in 2009).
Here is my Timeline:
August 31, 2015 - Application Received
January 23, 2016 - Started Processing
January 27, 2016 - Secondary Review
I haven't heard anything from them ever since.
I booked tickets to go to India during my Summer break In Jan, 16 hoping I would receive my PR by April. Now I think I might have to post-pone my trip.
Additionally, My passport has stamps from Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. CIC has not asked for any additional documents. I have submitted my Income tax returns for 2013 and 2014, my transcript from University.

I really want to go to India anytime between April end to Sept, DO YOU GUYS THINK I WILL RECEIVE MY PR BEFORE SEPTEMBER??

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
harshalp said:
Hey Guys!

I have been following this forum for a few months now so I thought I should share my situation with you people.
My situation is a bit complicated. I am originally from India and i landed in Canada in April 2009 (PR expired in April 2014). I am 20 years old, my entire family got PR but theirs expired and they decided not to move to Canada. I went back to India in June 2009. Came back in August 2013 and haven't left Canada ever since. I have been doing my Undergrad at a University. I have also been working Part-time.
I filed for PR Renewal through a lawyer in Toronto in August 2015 when I had completed a stay of approximately 750 days (not including time I spent in Canada in 2009).
Here is my Timeline:
August 31, 2015 - Application Received
January 23, 2016 - Started Processing
January 27, 2016 - Secondary Review
I haven't heard anything from them ever since.
I booked tickets to go to India during my Summer break In Jan, 16 hoping I would receive my PR by April. Now I think I might have to post-pone my trip.
Additionally, My passport has stamps from Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. CIC has not asked for any additional documents. I have submitted my Income tax returns for 2013 and 2014, my transcript from University.

I really want to go to India anytime between April end to Sept, DO YOU GUYS THINK I WILL RECEIVE MY PR BEFORE SEPTEMBER??
Did you submit your tickets to CIC and requested urgent processing?

mishoolak

Feb 6, 2016
Has anybody received a pr pick up letter and picked it up after secondary review and then approval?
How was your experience

harshalp

Mar 22, 2016
CanadianME said:
Did you submit your tickets to CIC and requested urgent processing?
I called CIC 2 weeks ago and they said, Once your application goes to secondary review, you can't request Urgent Processing.

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
harshalp said:
I called CIC 2 weeks ago and they said, Once your application goes to secondary review, you can't request Urgent Processing.
Hi harshalp

Are you interested for Secondary Review Petition, pl check

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.45.html

Tks

harrycancal

Mar 22, 2016
Hi harshalp in email sent by CIC that I can ask for urgent processing if I want also it was mentioned that they will try to process my application as soon as possible. Did they mention this in your email??

harshalp

Mar 22, 2016
harrycancal said:
Hi harshalp in email sent by CIC that I can ask for urgent processing if I want also it was mentioned that they will try to process my application as soon as possible. Did they mention this in your email??
In the mail CIC sent me, they did mention that they will try to process my application as soon as possible, but I don't believe that. They say that to everyone. They mail also said I can request urgent processing but when I called CIC they said I can't.

daisy178

May 21, 2015
heeradeepak said:
Your case is more than one year. Are you in canada or outside?
what you think the reason of RQ?
I am outside canada now and I am not qualified to apply travel documents now (did not meet the requirement of living in canada for 2 years during the past five years).
I lived in canada for 750 days at the time of application, and travel out of canada twice every year durng the past five years.

My husband live there for 1080 days when he applied and also sent to secondary review. his timeline:
Application received:12th, March,2015;
Secondary review:23th, April, 2015;
Nothing happened since then. He just returned to canada a few days ago (with Travel dicument).

Our old PR card expied on 3rd,May,2015. No idea why it take so long to renew PR card whe you met the required.

harrycancal

Mar 22, 2016
Did anyone tried to use the feedback section in CIC website regarding performance of CIC? Is it advisable to use the particular service?