+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
shekhawatmx said:
hi Guys,

just to let you know that i had 2 passports with 6 UAE residence visas,13 Saudi visit visas, 2 Lebanon visit visas, 2 uk Visit visas (one 6 months and second one 5 year validity until 2017) around 85-90 Arabic stamps from UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait, qatar ,oman and Lebanon.

i was out of Canada for first 3 years in 5 year span except for the 70 days in 2 year.
we moved finally in sep 2013 and our PR card were expiring Oct 2015.( not travel after sep 2 2013 until now)

we send renewal application to CIC through courier on Nov 3 and it reached CIC on 4 Nov 2015.
Feb 22 we received AOR by email.

time lines are below:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on March 4, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

We followed CIC instructions for the docs but added original travel history issued by CBSA.
All Arabic stamps were translated by me but my friend attached affidavit singed front of commissioner of oath.
Photos were as per old spec.
2 NOA btw 2013 NOA had only 6K
Color copies of all passport pages.

i hope this help, in case someone need further info please feel free to buzz me.
Congratulations may be now minister of immigration gave some new instructions to CIC otherwise during Conservative regime most of us with so many stamps gone through secondary review and still waiting for renewal.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
heeradeepak said:
Congratulations may be now minister of immigration gave some new instructions to CIC otherwise during Conservative regime most of us with so many stamps gone through secondary review and still waiting for renewal.
thanks Deepak, how many days u had when you applied and where in GCC u were based?

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
@shekawatmx - have you got your new PR card ? From your post, I understood you got AOR in Feb which would be Acknowledgement of Receipt of application ?
Well if you have got yr new PR card, congrats and hope the process is going to speed up for all the applicants waiting from so long.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
Almost_Canadian said:
@shekawatmx - have you got your new PR card ? From your post, I understood you got AOR in Feb which would be Acknowledgement of Receipt of application ?
Well if you have got yr new PR card, congrats and hope the process is going to speed up for all the applicants waiting from so long.
No card until now,yes acknowledgement of receipt.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
shekhawatmx said:
hi Guys,

just to let you know that i had 2 passports with 6 UAE residence visas,13 Saudi visit visas, 2 Lebanon visit visas, 2 uk Visit visas (one 6 months and second one 5 year validity until 2017) around 85-90 Arabic stamps from UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait, qatar ,oman and Lebanon.

i was out of Canada for first 3 years in 5 year span except for the 70 days in 2 year.
we moved finally in sep 2013 and our PR card were expiring Oct 2015.( not travel after sep 2 2013 until now)

we send renewal application to CIC through courier on Nov 3 and it reached CIC on 4 Nov 2015.
Feb 22 we received AOR by email.

time lines are below:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on March 4, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

We followed CIC instructions for the docs but added original travel history issued by CBSA.
All Arabic stamps were translated by me but my friend attached affidavit singed front of commissioner of oath.
Photos were as per old spec.
2 NOA btw 2013 NOA had only 6K
Color copies of all passport pages.

i hope this help, in case someone need further info please feel free to buzz me.
Card received today march 15 2016, whole process took it around 140 days!

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
heeradeepak said:
Congratulations you escape the secondary review torture.
Ya deepak can't believe my self, I think no travel in last 28 months helped my case....

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Good news from CIC Renewal time reduce to 124 days, all of us remembered when it was climbed to 190 days.

I cant understand why CIC always forgetting the old applicants and just trying to push new one.

We appreciate their efforts to reduce the processing time for PR renewal, but they should consider the old applicant also.

hope4ever

Nov 30, 2014
I believe they are sending applications to secondary review so it looks like they are reducing the processing time ans as if they are efficient. But they are creating backlog of secondary reviews applications as these applications doesn't count against the current processing time.
I don't know what to call these strategy!!

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
hope4ever said:
I believe they are sending applications to secondary review so it looks like they are reducing the processing time ans as if they are efficient. But they are creating backlog of secondary reviews applications as these applications doesn't count against the current processing time.
I don't know what to call these strategy!!
No i don't think so, Liberals are serious to reduce processing time.

teko

Mar 18, 2016
heeradeepak said:
No i don't think so, Liberals are serious to reduce processing time.
Ya? do you work with CIC? how sure are you? as I can see a lot of people are stranded waiting for their PR's to be renewed since one year now. how efficient do you call that?

adding to that some people provided half the proofs others did and still got their PR faster!

I see they have no standardization. and it all depends on the employee your papers gets to.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
teko said:
. . . adding to that some people provided half the proofs others did and still got their PR faster!

I see they have no standardization. and it all depends on the employee your papers gets to.
Actually it undoubtedly depends far more on the individual PR's personal circumstances and history.

Yes, all sorts of internal circumstances can and do affect the timeline. Staffing resources are of course a huge factor. But the routine PR card replacement/renewal applications will generally be uniformly affected by these factors, with some variations between local offices. But these are applications resulting in the PR card being mailed to the PR.

Any application which slips into a non-routine track is then subject to a wide range of factors influencing how it goes, including especially how long it takes.

Quantity of proof is not a reliable indicator. Foremost, what concerns or questions there might be loom far larger, and then the quality of documentation and information submitted is important, particularly as to how well it resolves whatever concerns or questions there are (from IRCC's perspective of course) and how well it shows the PR is living in Canada and has lived in Canada, including presence for two plus years within the preceding five years.

Bottom-line, of course the applicant who has a regular job in Canada, has been filing CRA tax returns for at least the previous two years, and who is well above the minimum threshold for compliance with the PR RO, is likely to see a more expedient timeline. In contrast, applicants who have been present in Canada for less than 900 days, especially those with relatively recent extended absences, are likely to be scrutinized far more, taking longer, since they have been outside Canada more than they have been in Canada . . . obviously, for anyone who has been outside Canada more than in Canada, the reasonable inference is that individual was OUTSIDE Canada any days not clearly documented as in Canada. That is, if a person's whereabouts are not certain on a given day, the rational inference is the person was more likely where he was most of the time . . . so the applicant who has been outside Canada more than in Canada has this to overcome unless the applicant clearly documents the days he was in Canada. The burden of proof is on the PR.

In any event, there is a tendency by some to pile redundant evidence, to create a mountain of evidence, but overlooking gaps. Proof of being in Canada one month or one full year suffices for that month or year. Piling on additional evidence which goes to prove presence during that month or year adds NOTHING. A mountain of evidence, two mountains of evidence, proving presence for 23 months will still fall short if presence for at least a 24th month is not proven.

Moreover, the larger the quantity of evidence submitted, the more there is for the assessing officer to examine and cross-check.

Moreover, the larger the quantity of evidence submitted, the more tendency there is for the good evidence to be lost or buried, obscured, by a lot of redundant not-so-persuasive evidence.

Moreover, the larger the quantity of evidence submitted, the more likely it will contain anomalies, incongruities, even incidental inconsistencies, which will not help, but rather tend to muddy things.

Summary: better to give far less attention to quantity of evidence, more attention to how well key evidence proves the full period of time.

daisy178

May 21, 2015
my time line:
applicaton received,19th,Feb,2015,
secondary review letter:2nd,April,2015,
Nothing happened till now.
I send two email to the person who send me the second review letter, but got no reply. :'( :'(