We finally got our PR cards.

timeline below:

Mar 12, 2015, CIC received application
Apr 21, 2015 CIC started processing
May 13, 2015 CIC sent letter for 2nd Review
Feb 29, 2015 Received new card by mail

Hope this helps
Hi
Could you let us know the date of approval of your PR card on ECAS?

Rachel

zh_rachel

Feb 29, 2016
it showed Feb 15. But actually i checked status on Feb 24, it stilled showed in process. When i received card on Feb 29 and checked back on their website, it showed decision made on Feb 15.

rane112110

Feb 18, 2016
i would like to apply for US tourist visa but i am completing my application for spousal sponsorship. is it okay for mr to do both for the same time? as i've read the visa processing for US tourist visa is 8 weeks so they would take my passport away from me for two months.

amrfekry

Jan 28, 2016
While my application is under this process of secondary review, am I able to apply for citizenship if I fulfill the required conditions? In other words; Can I apply for citizenship while my PR card renew process is still going on?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
amrfekry said:
While my application is under this process of secondary review, am I able to apply for citizenship if I fulfill the required conditions? In other words; Can I apply for citizenship while my PR card renew process is still going on?
If you have complected 1460 days you can apply, PR renewal has nothing to do with citizenship application.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
rane112110 said:
i would like to apply for US tourist visa but i am completing my application for spousal sponsorship. is it okay for mr to do both for the same time? as i've read the visa processing for US tourist visa is 8 weeks so they would take my passport away from me for two months.
Us visa hardly take 2-3 days after interview, we did our interview at Ottawa on Monday and got passport back by canada post on Thursday.

Plz make sure you take latest photo otherwise they will send you back to click new.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Liberals should take care of secondary review applicants also don't leave us on the mercy of CIC.

CIC purposely creating backlogs to their programs and when peoples start crying then they are solving it, in this way they are keeping themselves always in headlines. See what they did for Citizenship applications from 2011 to 2014 and now they solve it. Same practice they are repeating for PR renewal also, so liberals should take notice of PR renewal applicants and reduce the waiting period to a reasonable time.

mishoolak

Feb 6, 2016
After approval on Feb 15 I got a blue letter to pick up my card at local office. Some documents are requested.. Does anybody have any experience? Is there any interview ? any idea about what they gonna ask?

elliesun

Sep 29, 2015
Here is my current situation, anyone can advise how can I request the urgent processing? My wedding is coming soon in China. I do have a lot stamps but I met the MIN. request for PR renewal.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 20, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
3. We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
4. We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
elliesun said:
Here is my current situation, anyone can advise how can I request the urgent processing? My wedding is coming soon in China. I do have a lot stamps but I met the MIN. request for PR renewal.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 20, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on July 15, 2015.
3. We sent you correspondence on July 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
4. We sent you a letter on July 15, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
You can try as i know some cases they approve also.

CIC is trying to speed up processing time. Lets hope that soon they will solve the issue of many stamps.

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
mishoolak said:
After approval on Feb 15 I got a blue letter to pick up my card at local office. Some documents are requested.. Does anybody have any experience? Is there any interview ? any idea about what they gonna ask?
May I know when did you received the blue letter? Other applicants who got their PR card approved on the same day as me already received the card by mail but I still haven't received anything yet. So I suppose I'll get this letter soon?

mishoolak

Feb 6, 2016
Kikilala said:
May I know when did you received the blue letter? Other applicants who got their PR card approved on the same day as me already received the card by mail but I still haven't received anything yet. So I suppose I'll get this letter soon?
3 days ago

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
@mishoolak. They're going to look at the passports and try to match your travel record submitted against the stamps. Possibly small talk and questions about each travel , when and why.
Suggest you make an excel file with each date of travel , exit date, return date, reason of travel , how many days outside and page number on passport where stamp is located.
At the bottom of all dates etc, , show the total number of days out of Canada .
When you show your passport/ s you can tell the officer that you have this sheet to help them.all the best

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
hi Guys,

just to let you know that i had 2 passports with 6 UAE residence visas,13 Saudi visit visas, 2 Lebanon visit visas, 2 uk Visit visas (one 6 months and second one 5 year validity until 2017) around 85-90 Arabic stamps from UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait, qatar ,oman and Lebanon.

i was out of Canada for first 3 years in 5 year span except for the 70 days in 2 year.
we moved finally in sep 2013 and our PR card were expiring Oct 2015.( not travel after sep 2 2013 until now)

we send renewal application to CIC through courier on Nov 3 and it reached CIC on 4 Nov 2015.
Feb 22 we received AOR by email.

time lines are below:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 12, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2016.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on March 4, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

We followed CIC instructions for the docs but added original travel history issued by CBSA.
All Arabic stamps were translated by me but my friend attached affidavit singed front of commissioner of oath.
Photos were as per old spec.
2 NOA btw 2013 NOA had only 6K
Color copies of all passport pages.

i hope this help, in case someone need further info please feel free to buzz me.

d4d

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no followed timeline with CIC. In my mother's case, the timeline is as follows:

Applied on Feb 20, 2015
Started processing in April 2015 and got the secondary review letter.
..and nothing since then.

I see people with secondary review who applied afterwards and receiving the PR card and we cant even get a proper answer from CIC.

Tried an inquiry through the MP as well and they came back saying the same thing to wait out the secondary Review and that it could take as long as needed by CIC with no explanation.