+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Sukhi_7

Feb 19, 2016
Thanks AKJ_7 for understanding.
I think refugee issue should not be mentioned in the petition which is Govts. priority. Just came to mind that the petition would need real names and not the Blog nick names.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Jerome Chen said:
Hi All,
I got the same situation. I had applied for PR card renewal in June 2015 and CIC started processing of my application in November 2015.
After that I kept on checking CIC's website for my status had been changed or not. Up to now it still the same, it means I can’t find anything had been changed on the official website of CIC.
In December 2015, I had try to asked for urgent. CIC only gave the standard answer for the application is still in process and there is no maximum timeframe to finalize an application. After I found I still can’t find any my status on the website. I called to CIC, they only asked me to report it to CIC for the technique problem. Then I got the same answer as I mentioned above even I followed CIC’s instruction to report the problem. And I still can’t find anything for my application status.
Please add me in. They shall understand what the CIC doing.
I also applied 5 June 2015 and CIC send me secondary review letter Nov-2015, but i cant see my status online. So many times i call them but always have same answer that application under process, how long it will take they dont have any idea.

This is the reason CIC should draw a time-frame for secondary review applications.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
abdulsamadd said:
This is ridiculous on CIC's part. I understand they want to do a thorough background check, but it should not take a year, considering people have to leave Canada for multiple reasons. Normally it says apply within 6 months of your PR card expiring, etc.. but it's pointless to do so as you don't get it. ( As of today its been a 13 months since I've applied for my PR) However on the bright side, I will be eligible to apply for my Citizenship in May 2016 as I would have completed my 4 years. Im hoping after all their due diligence's now, it wont have as bad when i apply for my citizenship and can get it at a respected time.
Can you share if you have received and information from CIC regarding your PR renewal

rane112110

Feb 18, 2016
good day! i lost a copy of my notice of assessment for the year 2014, i need to have a new copy of it. is there any way i can have a new one? there's a link showed in cic site for me to have a copy but it ask about the information about my SIN and the total income last 2014 but i forgot how much is it. does any one knows the answer. thanks!

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Torontocan said:
CanadianME said:
1 - Ajk_9
2 - Heeradeepak
3 - Kikilala
4 - Kovil
5 - Malayalee
6 - Nadia601 – Pl Confirm
7 - Raymond Wei.
8- MARK WYATT
9- Torontocan
Hi Torontocan

Please add your name here :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.0.html

Thanks

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
rane112110 said:
good day! i lost a copy of my notice of assessment for the year 2014, i need to have a new copy of it. is there any way i can have a new one? there's a link showed in cic site for me to have a copy but it ask about the information about my SIN and the total income last 2014 but i forgot how much is it. does any one knows the answer. thanks!
Call CRA Tel 1800 959 8281 you can ask whatever years you need but ask for option C.

They will send you all tax history within 3 weeks.

mikekoo

Feb 22, 2016
applied Sept 2015
start process Jan 2016
received a email about 2ndary review 3 days after strat process in Jan 2016

same situation like everybody else in this topic, i have 745 days (which is very close to RO)
this is my 2nd PR card renew, last time when i renew my card i was less than 730 days (how ever i work for a canadian company over sea), but CIC did not give me hard time at all, my last renew was processed and approved in the same day.

I have no idea why this renew go to 2ndary review even i have more than 730 days.

My problem is I still need travel for my work, if I can not then I might loss my job. My PR card expire soon and I really don't know what to do next.

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Are there any applicant in secondary review, who has applied before August 2014.plz update your timeline.

rane112110

Feb 18, 2016
heeradeepak said:
Call CRA Tel 1800 959 8281 you can ask whatever years you need but ask for option C.

They will send you all tax history within 3 weeks.
thanks a lot for your response, one more question do I need to pay for an extra copy of my NOA? if yes, how much? thanks :)

clfh

Feb 23, 2016
Dear all,

Here is my husband time line:
PR CARD RENEWAL Applied - July 2014
Received - August 2014
Start Proceed - December 2014
Secondary review - January 2015
additional document request - July 2015
additional document delivered - October 2015
have our MP to help - January 20116
got an answer " We remain hopeful that your husband's file will be reviewed soon." from the MP - February 2016
No further information since then

I and my children are all Canadian, but CIC doesn't care and MP has the same attitude with CIC. " Wait "
We really don't understand how the system works.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
clfh said:
Dear all,

Here is my husband time line:
PR CARD RENEWAL Applied - July 2014
Received - August 2014
Start Proceed - December 2014
Secondary review - January 2015
additional document request - July 2015
additional document delivered - October 2015
have our MP to help - January 20116
got an answer " We remain hopeful that your husband's file will be reviewed soon." from the MP - February 2016
No further information since then

I and my children are all Canadian, but CIC doesn't care and MP has the same attitude with CIC. " Wait "
We really don't understand how the system works.
Any Gulf Stamps?

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Kovil said:
Are there any applicant in secondary review, who has applied before August 2014.plz update your timeline.
Kovil yes in this forum we have 2014 applicants many thanks to well organized CIC.