+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

volee

Jul 23, 2015
Hi! Congrats on getting ur PR card!
Just one question.. could you tell us the date that ur card was approved, and also when were you being told to collect the card? Thanks!
systems said:
Hi Everyone,
Wanted to share the Good News !!

I received my renewed PR Card.

Applied last year in Sept
Secondary review email in Feb
Approved in Nov
Called to collect PR at the CIC office.
Some basic questions asked and PR was handed.

So as I read from on this forum as well, the new time line for secondary review seems to be around 1 year .
Thanks.

systems

Nov 24, 2014
Card was Approved in first week of November, got the letter asking to pick up in second week
and pick up appointment date was last week of Nov.

abdulsamadd

Aug 31, 2015
I've already shared by background here before, but in short applied on December 12 2014, March 5 received a letter about secondary review, and in mid November applied for urgent processing as i have a family wedding in end december, with proof of ticket etc.. was told no urgent processing for november and december. I have completed my RO before I even applied in december 2014, and have called CIC a number of times to find out, but no luck. this is ridiculous. As of today its been a year. Anyone in this position?? what to do??

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
abdulsamadd said:
I've already shared by background here before, but in short applied on December 12 2014, March 5 received a letter about secondary review, and in mid November applied for urgent processing as i have a family wedding in end december, with proof of ticket etc.. was told no urgent processing for november and december. I have completed my RO before I even applied in december 2014, and have called CIC a number of times to find out, but no luck. this is ridiculous. As of today its been a year. Anyone in this position?? what to do??
Do you have Middle East work visa stamps (valid or expired) in your passport if yes then Urgent Processing will not work and they do not care that you are waiting for one year or two.

abdulsamadd

Aug 31, 2015
Had UAE residency 5 years back, that also through my parents, but that expired 3 years ago. I'm a student, and have no such work visa in the middle east. I mean they should be a bit considerate about different peoples situation. A close family member passed away this summer, and I was sure to mention that in my urgent appeal, but no luck.. I think this is done deliberately, it shouldn't take more than a year for them to check if I have completed my time, especially if they have every page of my passport for the last 10 years, including proof of enrolment in university over here, transcript and tax documents filed.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
abdulsamadd said:
Had UAE residency 5 years back, that also through my parents, but that expired 3 years ago. I'm a student, and have no such work visa in the middle east. I mean they should be a bit considerate about different peoples situation. A close family member passed away this summer, and I was sure to mention that in my urgent appeal, but no luck.. I think this is done deliberately, it shouldn't take more than a year for them to check if I have completed my time, especially if they have every page of my passport for the last 10 years, including proof of enrolment in university over here, transcript and tax documents filed.
Remember CIC can delay any application without a valid reason simply they can say Quality or security check for example CIC had issued RQ to many thousand citizenship applicants between 2011 to 2014, some people delayed up to 48 months on the last what happened all applications got clear in 2015 it means that everything was good in their applications from day one but CIC Issue thousands RQ and wasted time and money on the name of security check. So my friend be patience no one is hearing our cries and hope one day they will wake up .

abdulsamadd

Aug 31, 2015
This is ridiculous on CIC's part. I understand they want to do a thorough background check, but it should not take a year, considering people have to leave Canada for multiple reasons. Normally it says apply within 6 months of your PR card expiring, etc.. but it's pointless to do so as you don't get it. ( As of today its been a 13 months since I've applied for my PR) However on the bright side, I will be eligible to apply for my Citizenship in May 2016 as I would have completed my 4 years. Im hoping after all their due diligence's now, it wont have as bad when i apply for my citizenship and can get it at a respected time.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
abdulsamadd said:
This is ridiculous on CIC's part. I understand they want to do a thorough background check, but it should not take a year, considering people have to leave Canada for multiple reasons. Normally it says apply within 6 months of your PR card expiring, etc.. but it's pointless to do so as you don't get it. ( As of today its been a 13 months since I've applied for my PR) However on the bright side, I will be eligible to apply for my Citizenship in May 2016 as I would have completed my 4 years. Im hoping after all their due diligence's now, it wont have as bad when i apply for my citizenship and can get it at a respected time.
Citizenship applications these days in Mississauga office taking 7-9 months only but PR renewal with secondary review can take up to 12-16 months.

abdulsamadd

Aug 31, 2015
I'm assuming its only for the ones who have been on a proper track? i.e havent applied for pr renewal, and applied in a specific time frame. For us, who have applied for pr renewal, itll take us a lot more than 7-9 months.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
abdulsamadd said:
I'm assuming its only for the ones who have been on a proper track? i.e havent applied for pr renewal, and applied in a specific time frame. For us, who have applied for pr renewal, itll take us a lot more than 7-9 months.
As per CIC commitment with new budget they have to clear the citizenship file within 12 months but no one can questions CIC for delays because they have only and only one answer security and quality check.

cnccnc

Dec 21, 2015
I have been reading here a lot about PR renewal delays and secondary reviews, is it because most of these applicants barely made over the days required to full RO say between 735 to 800 days? were any of these applicants unemployed in that period? how did they successfully prove they were here in that period.

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
I'm also wondering about why so many people end up getting secondary review ?

I mean like there has to be a reason to raise those concerns. It can't be just random ? Is it unemployment or do they doubt the authenticity of documents provided by applicants ? If the 730-day rule doesn't cut it anymore, shouldn't CIC make it clear that 730 days are no longer sufficient because there is no point to force people to stay put for another year or two when they think they've met the RO ?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm nearly done with my 2 years RO and I'm planning to apply to renew my PR soon. I had to stay in the Gulf for over 3 years because my mother couldn't find a job in Canada and I couldn't move here as a school student on my own. As soon as I reached 18, I moved here on my own for university and I haven't left since then and I haven't seen my family in almost 2 yrs. It would be really sad for me to be stuck here again for another year (including holidays) or two because of circumstances that were beyond my control.

I understand many people abuse the system but not everyone can move to Canada right away

volee

Jul 23, 2015
This is my time time. I was put under Secondary Review. I requested for urgent processing in July but they sent me a letter requesting for additional documents. I couldn't provide some of them at that time so I guess they did not approve my request. The wait continued and I finally received my new card in the mail a few days ago.

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 27, 2014.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2015.
We sent you a letter on February 24, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you a letter on July 3, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on December 4, 2015. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
amr95 said:
I'm also wondering about why so many people end up getting secondary review ?

I mean like there has to be a reason to raise those concerns. It can't be just random ? Is it unemployment or do they doubt the authenticity of documents provided by applicants ? If the 730-day rule doesn't cut it anymore, shouldn't CIC make it clear that 730 days are no longer sufficient because there is no point to force people to stay put for another year or two when they think they've met the RO ?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm nearly done with my 2 years RO and I'm planning to apply to renew my PR soon. I had to stay in the Gulf for over 3 years because my mother couldn't find a job in Canada and I couldn't move here as a school student on my own. As soon as I reached 18, I moved here on my own for university and I haven't left since then and I haven't seen my family in almost 2 yrs. It would be really sad for me to be stuck here again for another year (including holidays) or two because of circumstances that were beyond my control.

I understand many people abuse the system but not everyone can move to Canada right away
As per my understanding from this forum and personal experience unemployment is not a big concern but Gulf valid or expired stamps are a big risk of Secondary review or RQ.

masha88

Jan 13, 2016
Hi, guys! I have applied for the renewal of my PR card on November 4, 2014, on the February 20th, 2015 I got request for copy of passport pages (which had been sent originally with the whole package). I sent them right away..and then my file was sent for a second review..still haven't heard nothing from CIC. I have been in Canada for 1000 days, so I fulfill my residency obligation. What do you think is the matter? Is there any time frame? I need to travel in May and I don't know what to do at this point.. Thanks for your advice