+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from CIC that PR card renewal needs secondary review

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
And what do you suggest, should I apply for urgent processing now? My timeline is:

Applied in September 2014
SR letter received in January 2015
No update since then.

hbsk786

Apr 28, 2014
when did you applied for Urgent process what is your time line

My time line
Application received in September
Second review letter received in January
still no updates

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
My time line
Urgent request sent 30th April
Waiting...
Travel date: 1st June 2015...
???

Canvan003

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Kuttykutty said:
My time line
Urgent request sent 30th April
Waiting...
Travel date: 1st June 2015...
???
Any update on your urgent request?

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tinaturner said:
The forum has gone too silent ! has anyone received his or her new PR card lately ???? if yes after how long ?
No updates yet.

Applied: September 2015
Secondary Review: January 2015
Currently in 16th week and no change.

rawinmigrant

Feb 17, 2015
Hi there, same time line as Canavan, no updates yet, September/2014 applied, Jan/2015 letter for secondary review, nothing so far.
I think not having a date limit is not acceptable, mainly because not having the pr limits you and your rights to travel if you want to. I totally agree that 9 month to process a PR extension is incredible, the only thing that might draw attention to this issue is if it gets public somehow, a news paper or something talking about all these cases sent to secondary revision without timelines, no updates, no answers from call centres nothing, for as long as a year. Any ideas how to get this into the news?

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Absolutely right! But one must have contacts with the News Paper reporters. The issue here is ONLY those who have deadlines to travel come to this group to understand what others are doing, others are used to WAITING till the card arrives and the percentage of applicants who are willing to wait is much much more than the ones who need it URGENTLY. If one enclosed the tickets and apply URGENT at initial submission, the processing takes very less time. Anyway, the choice is to wait, cancel the trip if you can get refunds, or take the chance of applying and getting PR Travel document from the country you travel to or the country of origin whichever issues it!

emilie8668

Dec 9, 2014
"You must have permanent resident (PR) status in Canada. Your PR status must not be in question. That means you must not be:
•under review for immigration or fraud reasons, or
•under a removal order (an order from Canadian officials to leave Canada)."

Hi Guys,
If we are under secondary review and no update for a long time, will it affect our citizenship application?
Thanks

Tinaturner

Apr 30, 2015
Hello Guys,

You can send your concerns to The Toronto Star paper at "city@thestar.ca ", hoping that they would investigate this issue and publish it in their next release , may be someone would have the decency to look at the issue of Why applications are sent to secondary review and taking a long time to process

Regards

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
@Tinaturner
Nothing new. Online shows IN PROCESS for past 5 months since it has gone for sec rev. URGENT process requested. Phone call replies are the same. Now they say that they can see all documents online, however no guarantee to receive the cards before our travel date. working on compiling all the documentation to apply for PRTD from India when we travel soon...
I wish and hope all the blog users update their status so that we can get some positive notes too! Cheers!

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
PR Card Renewal

Hi

Thanks everybody for sharing experiences

We have given PR card for renewal and gone for secondary review, going to be expired in 2 weeks, with expired PR can we visit USA by road, please advise

Thanks