Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Hi,

I applied June 17, 2016.
Referred to SR on November 01, 2016 (regular mail sent)

Ecas today:

1- We Received your application for a permanent resident card on June 17, 2016
2- We started processing your application on August 03, 2016
3- Your permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 01, 2017.

I still did not receive the card yet.

Good Luck for everybody!

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
ibry said:
Hi. I applied Nov 7 2016 i need to travel march 7 2017 the flight is very urgent at the time processing days was 31 days. I meet the requirements for renewal

They started processig Nov 28 2016

Sec review email Dec 05 2016

Nothing since then

Urgent processing request sent Jan 20 2017 No news since then. Im told it takes 10 business days
Please how long does it take to get urgent processing. A family member is ill and dying and he lost his wife recently too
For urgent processing, do you write something(URGENT) on the mail package? How do they know it is urgent as they might not even open mail for 10-20- days

marieh123

Feb 2, 2017
We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 25, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 18, 2016.
We started processing your application on March 18, 2016
Secondary review email on May 26, 2016 (same as MatQue)
Still waiting. Fingers crossed ::) ::)

BetSu

Jan 20, 2017
CIC touched my file today. I received an E-mail requesting more information. I actually expected that after moving into SR since I travelled A LOT.
(Now they are asking for my 'Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled').
I am actually wondering why I am asked to send this record since I did this very detailed in my renewal application. Anyways...I will work trough it and ;D
BTW, my file went into SR Aug 31.

Kissyred

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
marieh123 and ibry... I added you guys to the list.

Here's the updated list ordered by secondary review referral date :-\

Dec 2015: tonymiz✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Jan 2016: Osama912✔, bahaar*, harshalp✔, KITJ, quari_gupta08✔
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, Mrmr*, NSL✔
Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27✔, peace65✔, jnasarat, brent16✔, ALGHope✔, mmha✔,
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔, US123 <hubby &wife>✔, enmbs✔, TonyL✔, Frenchie1980✔
May 2016: MatQue, davidT321, marieh123
Jun 2016: Chuc, torhout13*✔
Jul 2016: Loulita, Kissyred*, Dribble✔
Aug2016: shu0322, BetSu*, Cameron2020,
Sep 2016: quasar81, Saga
Oct. 2016: Penguin23, Happy123456789, Ramkris*, ohalawani, *_GAK_*
Nov2016: peardroppop, Sayadil, jaycue
Dec 2016 : Asif007, ibry

* indicates additional information/documents requested
✔ indicates PR card approved

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Saga said:
Hi ibry - wish I could tell you otherwise but urgent processing does not apply once your application is referred to secondary review. The best way for you is to come back to Canada by private car through the US if you PR card will be expired by then
Hi. So i called today and i was just told my urgent processing has been approved by the officer should take about three weeks to get my card ill update the forum Urgent processing applies even if you are in sec review but thats only if your reason is valid or an emergency

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
quasar81 said:
For urgent processing, do you write something(URGENT) on the mail package? How do they know it is urgent as they might not even open mail for 10-20- days
When i first applied i didnt send t as urgent bEcause i saw it was 31 days to process until i got to this forum and saw as high as two years .

There is an option to apply for urgent on their website especially if your card is already in process. It was approved as urgent today.

asif007

Dec 8, 2016
ibry said:
When i first applied i didnt send t as urgent bEcause i saw it was 31 days to process until i got to this forum and saw as high as two years .

There is an option to apply for urgent on their website especially if your card is already in process. It was approved as urgent today.
What documents did you submit for urgent processing?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
asif007 said:
What documents did you submit for urgent processing?
Copy of my itinery
Copy of my receipt
Letter explaining urgency
Doctors report from My grandpas Doc
Flight ticket showing return date

MagedYousef

Feb 3, 2017
Hi All,
Here is my time line if its of any help to anyone:
1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 11, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 3, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on March 3, 2016.
4.We sent you correspondence on March 15, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5.Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 2, 2017.

Still haven't received it yet, but at least I know they already sent it.
All the best for those still waiting for their PR Cards.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Today I received below letter from cic

In your permanent resident card application, you have indicated having been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the past five (5) years. Subsection _2_8{_1} of the Immigration and Re/'‹ gee Protection Act (IRPA) requires permanent residents to comply with tha residency obligation described in that section.

In order to verify that your application complies with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugaa Protection Regulations (IRPR) sections 6 and 7; to determine if humanitarian and compassionate considerations could justify the retention of your permanent resident status; and pursuant to your obligation to answer truthfully to all questions put to you as per the IRPA section _§, we woub like to ask you to provide your Humanitarian and Compassionate reasons and include any supporting documentation that would justify the retention of your permanent residence status and overcome the breach of your residence obligation.

Please indicate your UCI number - which can be found in the upper right corner of this letter - on all documents. All documents (including passport entry and exit stamps) must be accompanied by an official translation if they are in a language other than English or French.

Please send the requested documents within 30 days of the date of this letter to the following address:

I never indicated that I was outside canada for more than 1095 days outside canada .Indiacated travel history for 885 days which means 940 days in canada. In my opinion I dont come in humanitarian reasons.

Any suggestions how to answer this

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
ramkris said:
Today I received below letter from cic

In your permanent resident card application, you have indicated having been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the past five (5) years. Subsection _2_8{_1} of the Immigration and Re/'‹ gee Protection Act (IRPA) requires permanent residents to comply with tha residency obligation described in that section.

In order to verify that your application complies with the requirements of the Immigration and Refugaa Protection Regulations (IRPR) sections 6 and 7; to determine if humanitarian and compassionate considerations could justify the retention of your permanent resident status; and pursuant to your obligation to answer truthfully to all questions put to you as per the IRPA section _§, we woub like to ask you to provide your Humanitarian and Compassionate reasons and include any supporting documentation that would justify the retention of your permanent residence status and overcome the breach of your residence obligation.

Please indicate your UCI number - which can be found in the upper right corner of this letter - on all documents. All documents (including passport entry and exit stamps) must be accompanied by an official translation if they are in a language other than English or French.

Please send the requested documents within 30 days of the date of this letter to the following address:

I never indicated that I was outside canada for more than 1095 days outside canada .Indiacated travel history for 885 days which means 940 days in canada. In my opinion I dont come in humanitarian reasons.

Any suggestions how to answer this
If you are sure that you have not left the country for more than 1095 days then it seems that there is an error in your application that triggered this request. It seems that when they did their calculations, they ended up with more days than what you have provided. i suggest you call them and get more clarity.
One of the best ways to calculate days outside of Canada is to use the CIC calculator on their website. It provides exact number of days and you can just reflect those on your application

marieh123

Feb 2, 2017
E-case today:
We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 25, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 18, 2016.
We started processing your application on March 18, 2016.
Secondary review on May 26, 2016
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 2, 2017.
I did not receive my card yet, I'm so excited.
Good luck for all of you.