Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Frenchie1980 said:
Hi all,

This morning I checked the status of my application and just saw that my PR card has been sent by post on January 30th!! Very happy about it and really keeping my fingers crossed that I receive it by Friday as I'm leaving on vacation on that day! I would be able to change my return flight to a direct flight back to Canada instead of having to travel through the US!!
Good luck to all of you who have been waiting ! It took a year since I sent out my application!
Congratulations, I am exactly in the same situation as yours and need to leave on Friday for a short period, I am coming back through the US. Happy to see that all got sorted out for you

Cheers,

*_GAK_*

Jan 27, 2017
So if we have to travel is traveling by Car to the US our best and fastest option ? coz I heard that the Travel document takes a loooot of time too.
But if so what about the questions they ask us at the borders of US and Canada ?

- " what's the purpose of your trip to the US ?"
- " Euhhh, Nothing it's just that I dont have my PR Card" :) :)

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
*_GAK_* said:
So if we have to travel is traveling by Car to the US our best and fastest option ? coz I heard that the Travel document takes a loooot of time too.
But if so what about the questions they ask us at the borders of US and Canada ?

- " what's the purpose of your trip to the US ?"
- " Euhhh, Nothing it's just that I dont have my PR Card" :) :)
If you go to the CIC website, there is actually a full page saying that you can enter Canada by private car with a confirmation of permanent residency, it is not like it is an illegal thing to do. You can say that you were out for a day for shopping and coming back or you can just be honest and say that since your card is in renewal (and you have proof that it is - like the SR note you got) you are coming back home by land.

In my case I am married to a Canadian and not too worried about what they will say at the border. They will not deny you entry, they see hundreds of such cases per day, you just need to make sure you have a clean file and that you are being honest

Also remember that if your card is expired it does not mean that you are not a PR. you are a PR and you have legitimate entitlement to enter the country. A foreign airline carrier can't know that since they have no means of connecting with the government systems but the border security can clearly see this. Furthermore, CIC has jurisdiction to deny you PR status, CBSA can't, if you are a PR they will let you in and will let immigration deal with you if you have not met the requirements, etc.

Frenchie1980

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Kissyred said:
Congratulations Frenchie1980,,,, wow, wow so happy for you!
Thank you for letting us know, enjoy your trip with your bundle of joy. :-*

Here's the updated list (ordered by secondary review referral date :-\

Dec 2015: tonymiz✔, Mrmr*, rbrar14*
Jan 2016: Osama912✔, bahaar*, harshalp✔, KITJ, quari_gupta08✔
Feb 2016: vop✔, kwtangerine✔, clc70✔, Mrmr*, NSL✔
Mar 2016: Peymanp✔, Chrome✔, Ramik, Brenttristan✔, bob27✔, peace65✔, jnasarat, brent16✔, ALGHope✔, mmha✔
Apr 2016: decent guy 3, Frank_vt1✔, US123 <hubby &wife>✔, enmbs✔, TonyL✔, Frenchie1980✔
May 2016: MatQue, davidT321
Jun 2016: Chuc, torhout13*✔
Jul 2016: Loulita, Kissyred*, Dribble✔
Aug2016: shu0322, BetSu, Cameron2020
Sep 2016: quasar81, Saga
Oct. 2016: Penguin23, Happy123456789, Ramkris, ohalawani, *_GAK_*
Nov2016: peardroppop, Sayadil, jaycue
Dec 2016 : Asif007

* indicates additional information/documents requested
✔ indicates PR card approved
Thanks so much Kissyred ! I hope you receive your card soon!

Frenchie1980

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Saga said:
Congratulations, I am exactly in the same situation as yours and need to leave on Friday for a short period, I am coming back through the US. Happy to see that all got sorted out for you

Cheers,
Thanks Saga ! Good luck for your trip.
I may still have to go through the US if I don't receive it on time but keeping my fingers crossed :)

*_GAK_*

Jan 27, 2017
Saga said:
If you go to the CIC website, there is actually a full page saying that you can enter Canada by private car with a confirmation of permanent residency, it is not like it is an illegal thing to do. You can say that you were out for a day for shopping and coming back or you can just be honest and say that since your card is in renewal (and you have proof that it is - like the SR note you got) you are coming back home by land.

In my case I am married to a Canadian and not too worried about what they will say at the border. They will not deny you entry, they see hundreds of such cases per day, you just need to make sure you have a clean file and that you are being honest

Also remember that if your card is expired it does not mean that you are not a PR. you are a PR and you have legitimate entitlement to enter the country. A foreign airline carrier can't know that since they have no means of connecting with the government systems but the border security can clearly see this. Furthermore, CIC has jurisdiction to deny you PR status, CBSA can't, if you are a PR they will let you in and will let immigration deal with you if you have not met the requirements, etc.
Thanks a Lot Saga for the clarification!

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Frenchie1980 said:
Hi all,

This morning I checked the status of my application and just saw that my PR card has been sent by post on January 30th!! Very happy about it and really keeping my fingers crossed that I receive it by Friday as I'm leaving on vacation on that day! I would be able to change my return flight to a direct flight back to Canada instead of having to travel through the US!!
Good luck to all of you who have been waiting ! It took a year since I sent out my application!
Félicitations!!! Great to know that you're gonna have your card soon. Fingers crossed it will arrive before you leave to France.

Also good to learn that the line is moving in Montreal office. My process is from May 26th, 2016. Hope to have good news soon!!!

Mathieu

Frenchie1980

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
MatQue said:
Félicitations!!! Great to know that you're gonna have your card soon. Fingers crossed it will arrive before you leave to France.

Also good to learn that the line is moving in Montreal office. My process is from May 26th, 2016. Hope to have good news soon!!!

Mathieu
Merci Mathieu :)
I am not actually sure whether the file is in Montreal or still in Sydney. Once I get the card I will check where it was sent from and will let you know.
I think you should receive yours sometime this month...fingers crossed !!

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
oaw said:
I am not sure, but I am trying to understand them better, By understanding mistakes we can avoid or minimize the SR.
My Guess for Secondry review could be:

0) Hiding information or not being honest-----
1) Frequent visits outside Canada.------- Is PR not allowed to travel outside they are so many who might to busines or personal trips to US
2) Not living in Canada soon after receiving PR card.----If they dont live they cant make required no of days before submitting pr renewal

3) Submitting unnecessary docs, even if they dont ask for it.--------- yes possible but as a commonsense I think it lessens their work as cic dont need to go to that departments for verification
4) No work or education in Canada in past 3 years------ why should a PR should study or work in canada there is no rule like that In this case you mean all house wifes or house husbands who take care of family also should work
5) May be they are just Randomly sending files to secondary review.---- This not sure they might have some problem with application or applicant

but my point is when it went to secondary review mostly it is untouched for so many months. Even it is secret enquiry of cic towards applicant some officer has to make note it went for security check

Frenchie1980

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Frenchie1980 said:
Merci Mathieu :)
I am not actually sure whether the file is in Montreal or still in Sydney. Once I get the card I will check where it was sent from and will let you know.
I think you should receive yours sometime this month...fingers crossed !!
By some sort of miracle I just received my PR card in the mail today!!
Feeling really relieved ! And the letter came from Sydney, NS so it seems that secondary reviews are being carried out there too.
Good luck to all of you still waiting !!

MatQue

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Frenchie1980 said:
By some sort of miracle I just received my PR card in the mail today!!
Feeling really relieved ! And the letter came from Sydney, NS so it seems that secondary reviews are being carried out there too.
Good luck to all of you still waiting !!
Thank you "Frenchie1980"!!!

It's just great to know that everything worked quite perfect to you!!! So happy for you.

Have a wonderful trip back to "l'Hexagone".

Mathieu

Frenchie1980

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
MatQue said:
Thank you "Frenchie1980"!!!

It's just great to know that everything worked quite perfect to you!!! So happy for you.

Have a wonderful trip back to "l'Hexagone".

Mathieu
Thank you so much Mathieu ! Hoping for some good news for you too!

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi. I applied Nov 7 2016 i need to travel march 7 2017 the flight is very urgent at the time processing days was 31 days. I meet the requirements for renewal

They started processig Nov 28 2016

Sec review email Dec 05 2016

Nothing since then

Urgent processing request sent Jan 20 2017 No news since then. Im told it takes 10 business days
Please how long does it take to get urgent processing. A family member is ill and dying and he lost his wife recently too

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
ibry said:
Hi. I applied Nov 7 2016 i need to travel march 7 2017 the flight is very urgent at the time processing days was 31 days. I meet the requirements for renewal

They started processig Nov 28 2016

Sec review email Dec 05 2016

Nothing since then

Urgent processing request sent Jan 20 2017 No news since then. Im told it takes 10 business days
Please how long does it take to get urgent processing. A family member is ill and dying and he lost his wife recently too
Hi ibry - wish I could tell you otherwise but urgent processing does not apply once your application is referred to secondary review. The best way for you is to come back to Canada by private car through the US if you PR card will be expired by then