+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligiblity Rolled Back- Important

Hopenotout98

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I am a July Applicant, I was sent LoA request recently, I uploaded it on the same day and soon after, my Eligibility rolled back from
"We are reviewing whether you meet the Elgibility requirements"
to
"We will send you a message when we start reviweing your Elgibility"

I had ordered notes a month ago and it clearly showed sings that Eligibility had been under review because I saw the terms Old value and New value as "Recommend Passed" and "Recommend Interview" etc. but date mentioned was October 2020.

I went through a call just today to know whats going on with my Eligiblity status, I was shocked to know that my Eligibility has not even started yet.

I also saw threads with people having similar experiences and they encountered two situations,

1. Their old notes also had signs of Eligibility Review going on, but after it rolled back, they ordered notes again to find out that their Eligibility section was totally Blank.

2. They also called IRCC helpline and to their surprise, they were also told that their Eligiblity section is Blank.

I have few major concerns/questions and I want some opinions on it

1. I haven't made a change in my DLI and my course, both have been the same throughout my application, According to IRCC, your Eligibility has to be re-assessed if you change your DLI or Course, but thats not the case with me

2. Could this be an Error on their end? Is it possible that erronous changes in GCKey Portal are reflected automatically on the ATIP/GCMS notes, which is why the agent told us that our Elgibility has not started yet? but in actuality, our review is still Ongoing or Might have been completed already?

3. Has the Officer changed his/her mind or doubted the capability/authority or found out any discrepancy caused by the previous officers on our Elgibility that he/she abruptly decided to reset it?

4. Is it really possible that our Elgibility status could be potentially concealed to avoid anyone to make travelling arrangements or they just want to withold our decision and assigned a future date for the decision?

Last edited:

Tete

Jun 26, 2017
Egypt
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
23-06-2020
Passport Req..
20-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2020
In my case, I ordered GCMS notes after exactly 2 months and 29 days from the time I applied for the SP. Then I received my notes in 30 days. The history section showed that my eligibility was updated from "Recommend Interview" to "Passed". I think it pretty much depends on the processing officer(s) and how strong your case is.

2. Could this be an Error on their end? Is it possible that erronous changes in GCKey Portal are reflected automatically on the ATIP/GCMS notes, which is why the agent told us that our Elgibility has not started yet? but in actuality, our review is still Ongoing or Might have been completed already?
3. Has the Officer changed his/her mind or doubted the capability/authority or found out any discrepancy caused by the previous officers on our Elgibility that he/she abruptly decided to reset it?
Don't think anyone works at the IRCC here to give you a definitive answer so anything is possible. Patience is virtue.

4. Is it really possible that our Elgibility status could be potentially concealed to avoid anyone to make travelling arrangements or they just want to withold our decision and assigned a future date for the decision?
No. That's an exaggerated thinking. But like I said, all you can do now is wait and have patience.

Hopenotout98

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
There is a difference between Eligbility status getting updated and Elgibility getting restored to its Initial point, if that is the case then this will just keep delaying our applications, a month ago even the helpline staff told me that Elgibility is in progress, If this is real may God save us from drowning in the lake of depression after spending 8 Months

I guess we're screwed and won't able to figure that out by any means.

Last edited:
Reactions: j8naid

eliochalamet

Jan 11, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2020
Med's Done....
08-02-2020
Hello! I was one of those applicants whose eligibility status rolled back. What can I say is that when I called IRCC, the agent told me that:

[Non-verbatim] "They might be working on your profile and is assessing it at the moment that's why it's blank. Updating files take a lot of going back and forth and the lack of manpower due to Covid-19 is definitely one of the greatest factors. Doesn't mean it's blank that it's not being worked on."

It's so easy to antagonize them at this point in time due to all the backlogs and totally it's not anyone else's fault. I mean I get depressed by this situation day by day especially that I am currently enrolled in a programming course (God help me).

But the silver lining is that, at least for me, my status went back to "we are reviewing". It took two whole weeks for it to change back. I hope yours too will.

Hopenotout98

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hello! I was one of those applicants whose eligibility status rolled back. What can I say is that when I called IRCC, the agent told me that:

[Non-verbatim] "They might be working on your profile and is assessing it at the moment that's why it's blank. Updating files take a lot of going back and forth and the lack of manpower due to Covid-19 is definitely one of the greatest factors. Doesn't mean it's blank that it's not being worked on."

It's so easy to antagonize them at this point in time due to all the backlogs and totally it's not anyone else's fault. I mean I get depressed by this situation day by day especially that I am currently enrolled in a programming course (God help me).

But the silver lining is that, at least for me, my status went back to "we are reviewing". It took two whole weeks for it to change back. I hope yours too will.
Thanks for the answer, the agents response is a bit generic but it kinda makes sense now, hopefully it changes for me soon

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I am a July Applicant, I was sent LoA request recently, I uploaded it on the same day and soon after, my Eligibility rolled back from
to

I had ordered notes a month ago and it clearly showed sings that Eligibility had been under review because I saw the terms Old value and New value as "Recommend Passed" and "Recommend Interview" etc. but date mentioned was October 2020.

I went through a call just today to know whats going on with my Eligiblity status, I was shocked to know that my Eligibility has not even started yet.

I also saw threads with people having similar experiences and they encountered two situations,

1. Their old notes also had signs of Eligibility Review going on, but after it rolled back, they ordered notes again to find out that their Eligibility section was totally Blank.

2. They also called IRCC helpline and to their surprise, they were also told that their Eligiblity section is Blank.

1. I haven't made a change in my DLI and my course, both have been the same throughout my application, According to IRCC, your Eligibility has to be re-assessed if you change your DLI or Course, but thats not the case with me

Hello,

I think you should stick to what the notes states. If it shows Interview Recommended or Pass, then your application is on a positive track.

Best of Luck

Reactions: Hopenotout98

nkbk

Aug 21, 2021
to

Hi, I,m in the exact same situation. my elgibilitty review rolled back from processing to let you know when we start reviewing. how many days does it took for you to get an update and for the final process ppr?