+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible for CEC with just 2 month work experience

Feb 21, 2022
Yesterday I changed the NOC code and today my profile says that I am eligible for the Canadian experience class. However, I don't have one year work ex in Canada, it's only been 2 months. Moreover, I didn't get any points in "CRS-Human capital - Canadian work experience" as well.Prior changing NOC code, it is written as "not eligible" for CEC. anyone facing the same situation?

k8k688

Nov 17, 2022
Yesterday I changed the NOC code and today my profile says that I am eligible for the Canadian experience class. However, I don't have one year work ex in Canada, it's only been 2 months. Moreover, I didn't get any points in "CRS-Human capital - Canadian work experience" as well.Prior changing NOC code, it is written as "not eligible" for CEC. anyone facing the same situation?
what NOC code did you use before and which one you changed it to?

k8k688

Nov 17, 2022
Hi @k8k688 , I worked and working as a software engineer. I used 2173 earlier and 21231 now.
Oh means you just changed from NOC to TEER but it shouldn't say that you're eligible, just go thorugh your work history in profile and make sure your start date is stated correct.
Best you can do just double check your profile questionnaire.

thukzin

Jan 6, 2022
I’m in the same boat too.

Reactions: kartavyasoni25

thukzin

Jan 6, 2022
Oh means you just changed from NOC to TEER but it shouldn't say that you're eligible, just go thorugh your work history in profile and make sure your start date is stated correct.
Best you can do just double check your profile questionnaire.
I checked everything and it’s still the same. Only the NOC changed from 2171 to 21220 and CEC is met. I think something within the metrics have changed but not yet highlighted. It could also be a back end issue.

bslay235

Mar 24, 2022
Same here, I even recreated my profile (since it was just 1 week old), but the problem persists. I hope I'm not invited to apply for CEC instead of FSW because of a system bug. I noticed that if I remove my Job Offer it stops saying that I meet the CEC criteria (I did this just for testing).

thukzin

Jan 6, 2022
Same here, I even recreated my profile (since it was just 1 week old), but the problem persists. I hope I'm not invited to apply for CEC instead of FSW because of a system bug. I noticed that if I remove my Job Offer it stops saying that I meet the CEC criteria (I did this just for testing).
Maybe it's not a bug but a change in requirements that hasn't been communicated yet concerning Canada experience class and how it is considered.

Reactions: Miracle2018

sarveshkalyan

Nov 11, 2020
Hi, I am also in a similar situation after updating the NOC codes to 5 digits(21231). my EE profile now says eligibility is met under CEC(previously it was only for FSW)

Is this a glitch?, because there hasn't been any recent updates to the eligibility criteria under CEC right?

Please let me know, Thanks

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hello I am also having a similar issue, I am a month away from attaining CEC and I just checked my score today for some reason I have an additional 40 points added for Canadian Experience, and it's saying I am eligible for CEC. Can anyone else confirm if this is a bug or not?