+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible for both CEC and FSW?!

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hello guys,
This question might be asked before, my apologies in advance.
I just submitted my IN LAND EE application and got eligible for both CEC and FSW with CRS of 465! i was confused as i am willing for CEC as an experience in Canada. Please let me know how to make any changes in my application to get invitation for CEC only and avoid FSW.

@jes_ON please your opinion :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello guys,
I just submitted my IN LAND EE application and got eligible for both CEC and FSW with CRS of 465! i was confused as i am willing for CEC as an experience in Canada. Please let me know how to make any changes in my application to get invitation for CEC only and avoid FSW.

You have not submitted an application yet, you have only submitted your Expression of Interest (EOI) Profile.

If you are eligible for both and receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA), you will automatically be issued an invitation under the CEC program, by default. No need to do anything.

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
You have not submitted an application yet, you have only submitted your Expression of Interest (EOI) Profile.

If you are eligible for both and receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA), you will automatically be issued an invitation under the CEC program, by default. No need to do anything.
I just changed my fund to 0!!!! is this a mistake? should i cancel this change?

Thanks for your reply

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Reactions: Dhabaan

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Does not matter.
In addition to what Jes_ON suggested, i found the correct answer and i am posting it here for others who might face the same issue.

Can I be eligible for more than one program under Express Entry?
Yes. Depending on the information in your profile, you may be eligible for more than one program through Express Entry.

In that case, you will be invited to apply for one program based on this order:

• Canadian Experience Class (CEC),
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), then
  • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).
For example:

• If you met the criteria for all three programs, the system would send you an invitation to apply for the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for CEC and FSWP, you would also get an invitation to apply under the CEC.
  • If you met the criteria for FSWP and FSTP, you would get an invitation to apply under FSWP.
You can’t choose which program you are invited to apply for. The system will sort profiles based on the information you enter.

If you decline the invitation, the system will not re-invite you under the next program. You will go back in the pool, and if we invite you again, the same order will apply.

Reactions: shannonxtreme

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hello guys,

Hello! Did u get your ITA under CEC? Did u set ur POF to zero

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hello! Did u get your ITA under CEC? Did u set ur POF to zero
Hi,
Yes, the system will give priority to CEC, and will still ask you for proof of fund, however, if you change your application to 0, then proof of fund will be no longer required. hope this helps.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi,
Yes, the system will give priority to CEC, and will still ask you for proof of fund, however, if you change your application to 0, then proof of fund will be no longer required. hope this helps.
Thanks Dhabaan for the quick reply. Good luck ! I have the money to show but I'm just worried about getting invited under FSW. I'll prob set the funds to Zero, probably show the money with job experience. Probably showing the money will make the case strong. What's ur opinion ?

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Thanks Dhabaan for the quick reply. Good luck ! I have the money to show but I'm just worried about getting invited under FSW. I'll prob set the funds to Zero, probably show the money with job experience.

Probably showing the money will make the case strong. What's ur opinion ?
1- if you are inland applicant with a job offer, then definitely you gonna be invited for CEC, in this case you dont need to show any fund, as it is clearly stated in the IRCC website (having a job in Canada made you not requested to show fund). change it to zero after you receive ITa then you will not be requested for proof of fund.
2-doesn't matter! however you can attach it in your LoE.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
1- if you are inland applicant with a job offer, then definitely you gonna be invited for CEC, in this case you dont need to show any fund, as it is clearly stated in the IRCC website (having a job in Canada made you not requested to show fund). change it to zero after you receive ITa then you will not be requested for proof of fund.
2-doesn't matter! however you can attach it in your LoE.
Thanks Dhabaan! Appreciate ur time and input! Wish u all the best for your PR

Reactions: Dhabaan