+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligible for asylum?

aries1

Jul 27, 2016
Hello all,

I would like to have your advice please. I am planning on applying for asylum at the US-Canada border with my wife and 3 kids.I am on a visit visa in the USA. My wife's sister is a Canadian citizen. My question is that is it possible for me and my family to apply? Will we be accepted at the border? What documentation will be needed and what is the procedure.

Thanks in advance.

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
Authencity and genuiness of your situation is the first thing that will be considered, then your national ID/Passport and documentations/affidavit to confirm your story are the basic items needed.Other experts in the house will also advice you

aries1

Jul 27, 2016
Authencity and genuiness of the case is definitely valid. i am asking if me and my wife and children can claim and enter Canada on the basis that my wife's sister is Canadian.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
aries1 said:
Authencity and genuiness of the case is definitely valid. i am asking if me and my wife and children can claim and enter Canada on the basis that my wife's sister is Canadian.
Yes. A sister is recognized as a "family member". http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/stca-etps-eng.html#b1

aries1

Jul 27, 2016
So that means my wife is going to be the principle applicant and the kids and I will be submitted with her? thanks all for your help again

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Authenticity and genuineness of the refugee case HAS NOTHING todo with the US-Canada border crossing to make a claim. the Authenticity and genuineness is determine by the IRB (the refugee case judge) not the CBSA officers at the border. at the border it will only be determine that are you eligible to get into canada through US to apply for a refugee case. the eligibility to enter into canada to make a refugee claim from USA is that you must have a close relative (parents, siblings etc) living in canada. at the border once you prove your or your wife relationship in canada you will allowed to enter into canada and the CBSA will give 15 days to submit your refugee claim documents.