+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Review Required. Please Help!!!

sh_255

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Hi..I wanted clarification on one issue. Actually I started as management trainee and in my joining letter it was mentioned that it's going to be of one year. But I got married and had to take leaves and my probation period increased by that time. I wanted to know since my probation period increased, will this have any impact at the time of verification. In my experience letter probation period is also mentioned which is more than a year. And I no longer work in that company.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi..I wanted clarification on one issue. Actually I started as management trainee and in my joining letter it was mentioned that it's going to be of one year. But I got married and had to take leaves and my probation period increased by that time. I wanted to know since my probation period increased, will this have any impact at the time of verification. In my experience letter probation period is also mentioned which is more than a year. And I no longer work in that company.
No problem at all,even you were trainee it will be counted regardless of tenure.
But yes you must have atleast 1 year in primary noc.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
What they have mentioned in duties " under the supervision of manager " as a trainee ?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi Guys!

So this is my situation: I got my AOR on April 4th 2019. I've requested GCMS notes a while ago, and just got it today. In one of the notes, specifically the one about my employment letter the officer noted:

NOTE: CLIENT'S JOB DUTIES LISTED ON THE LOE ARE COPIED ALMOST VERBATIM FROM THE GOVERNMENT NOC CODE WEBSITE.

So... Other then focusing on how screwed I am...

Have this happened to anybody here? Should I contact IRCC about this and/or ask for new letters from my employers?

Most of my experience is from outside Canada, and I did send a draft letter to my former employers using the information on the NOC code website (as they requested it). They've confirmed it and signed it as of of the duties described actually did match what I did at the company NOC 2174 Software Developer. There is not a lot more to it, or not less, unless you are an intern or not actually doing software development...

I know it may seem fishy to them specially if the letters have similar formats, but what can I do if I actually had those duties?

Anyways, my application is under review because of this, and of course I am kind of getting scared about the outcome of this...

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

Thank you!

The same officer moved my application to "Review Required".
Raise the Cse and immediately send the new letter with duties paraphrased not the exact words.

Not all to mention
You must have atleast 70 percent of the duties matching the NoC.

sh_255

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
No problem at all,even you were trainee it will be counted regardless of tenure.
But yes you must have atleast 1 year in primary noc.
Thanks..I have more than 1 year in primary NOC.
It's just that I wanted to know if I have to provide the reason for extra months of probation. I mean whether anyone will ask for this.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Thanks..I have more than 1 year in primary NOC.
It's just that I wanted to know if I have to provide the reason for extra months of probation. I mean whether anyone will ask for this.
No one will ask that.
They just want that you were employed in the period you are claiming and duties an in line with the noc .
In between what was extended what changed doesnt matter.

miguelomaniac

Apr 5, 2019
Did you copy exactly what is mentioned in the NoC while drafting ?
Same words and complete sentence.
So... The NOC 2174 describes duties as:

• Write, modify, integrate and test software code
  • Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
  • Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
  • Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
  • Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
  • Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
  • May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
  • May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

I've sent the letters containing:

• Write, modify, integrate and test coding software
  • Maintaining the currently used systems applying the necessary updates
  • Identify and communicate technical problems and propose solutions
  • Assist in the capture and documentation of software requirements
  • Assist in the logical and physical development in accordance with the technical specifications
  • Research new tendencies and alternatives to the development tools and used databases
In all of my jobs I was hired to do the exact same thing... which is what pretty much any software developer would do...

PS: I mentioned the word "intern" in the other post to differentiate what an actual software developer does to what an intern would most probably do... I have not included any internships in my PR application

PS2: some of these duties looks "funky" because it was translated from Portuguese to English by a translation company in Canada...

Last edited:

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
So... The NOC 2174 describes duties as:

• Write, modify, integrate and test software code
  • Maintain existing computer programs by making modifications as required
  • Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions
  • Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
  • Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
  • Assist in the development of logical and physical specifications
  • May lead and co-ordinate teams of computer programmers
  • May research and evaluate a variety of software products.

I've sent the letters containing:

• Write, modify, integrate and test coding software
  • Maintaining the currently used systems applying the necessary updates
  • Identify and communicate technical problems and propose solutions
  • Assist in the capture and documentation of software requirements
  • Assist in the logical and physical development in accordance with the technical specifications
  • Research new tendencies and alternatives to the development tools and used daUOTE]
Responsibilities are verbatim from the NOC page

Were you intern in that period ?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Just get a new referance.letter with duties paraphrased fromn the noc.

What was your rank - software engineer or something else.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I am sorry... I have edited my answer...
Do one thing .

Check out the job posting of your company you are working with on the internet or any thing from their website that gives a generic description of your rank.

Get the screenshots and also check out the jobposting on indeed and other jobs websites and search for the rank you are working in

Once.you get the job postings , check the duties mentioned by the various companies and compare them.with noc .

If they look similar copy them in the word file and remember atleast 70 percebt noc duties must be there .

After copying them ,get a new.letter with these duties from the word file mentioned in it.

After this ,raise a cse and send the new letter.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Do one thing .

Check out the job posting of your company you are working with on the internet or any thing from their website that gives a generic description of your rank.

Get the screenshots and also check out the jobposting on indeed and other jobs websites and search for the rank you are working in

Once.you get the job postings , check the duties mentioned by the various companies and compare them.with noc .

If they look similar copy them in the word file and remember atleast 70 percebt noc duties must be there .

After copying them ,get a new.letter with these duties from the word file mentioned in it.

After this ,raise a cse and send the new letter.
Also along with get a letter from your any senior colleague on plain paper along with his visiting card .

This will help support thst you are actually carrying out the above duties.

And attach a explanation to request hime to.consider this.

Good luck

miguelomaniac

Apr 5, 2019
Also along with get a letter from your any senior colleague on plain paper along with his visiting card .

This will help support thst you are actually carrying out the above duties.

And attach a explanation to request hime to.consider this.

Good luck
Thank you for your help!

I'll start doing all of this... although it is very weird that they would not accept what is on their own website... What seems to be the most important to me is the actual company information... If someone at the company is signing it, it should be enough for them to know that the information is to be trusted... If all that they are checking is the wording used in a paper, I think anyone could just lie about everything, and also about the most important thing which is the time someone actually worked for a company...

So they actually contact any of the companies to confirm what is on the letter?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
I'll start doing all of this... although it is very weird that they would not accept what is on their own website... What seems to be the most important to me is the actual company information... If someone at the company is signing it, it should be enough for them to know that the information is to be trusted... If all that they are checking is the wording used in a paper, I think anyone could just lie about everything, and also about the most important thing which is the time someone actually worked for a company...
This is what it is.

Just make sure that duties are not having same wording .

Use just keywords so that they can compare.

Hope you get it what I said.

Yeah job postings , likedin profile.of company and website screeshits ,all help support the employment .