+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview and biometrics invitation

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi @zak86 hope you are doing well. How long after your interview did you got the work permit?
it lasted about 30 minutes and all questions were just formal and most of the things were like confirmation and got ids after it. got an email after 2 weeks of an interview about the Approval of a work permit. Next week it was in my mailbox.

Reactions: Mo1981

Mo1981

Jun 14, 2021
Hi @zak86, I have a question regarding SIN. After receiving work permit SIN will change or only the expire date will extended.
Thank you in advance for your answer.

zak86

Nov 13, 2019
Hi @zak86, I have a question regarding SIN. After receiving work permit SIN will change or only the expire date will extended.
Thank you in advance for your answer.
not sure but if sin validity as per WP, if you have already SIN so i think you can use it as sin, will be the same if it is starting digit is 9

Reactions: Mo1981

Tiokeng

Jun 29, 2021
Hello guys . Hope everyone is doing well!
I am new and i am so worried.
I applied in may 2021. I received acknowledgement of claim some days after but they didn't mention the date for interview on it, just said they LL inform me on when to come with pictures and that document. Up till now nothing.
I am so worried because i have a close work permit with a company but they are too demanding and the stress is too much. I was hoping to get my new work permit soon so I can go away in another company.
What do you think it's happening?
What advice do u give me?
My lawyer said i should be patient but i am too too stress all alone somewhere in Canada. I applied in Alberta.
Thanks

Mo1981

Jun 14, 2021
Hello guys . Hope everyone is doing well!
I am new and i am so worried.
I applied in may 2021. I received acknowledgement of claim some days after but they didn't mention the date for interview on it, just said they LL inform me on when to come with pictures and that document. Up till now nothing.
I am so worried because i have a close work permit with a company but they are too demanding and the stress is too much. I was hoping to get my new work permit soon so I can go away in another company.
What do you think it's happening?
What advice do u give me?
My lawyer said i should be patient but i am too too stress all alone somewhere in Canada. I applied in Alberta.
Thanks
Hi @Tiokeng , I had the same situation for work, so I called IRCC and they told me you may apply for work permit separately, but you might get negative result and have to wait till your case get the eligibility. I got the acknowledge of my claim on June, 2020 and after a year I had my eligibility interview last week.

Tiokeng

Jun 29, 2021
Hi @Tiokeng , I had the same situation for work, so I called IRCC and they told me you may apply for work permit separately, but you might get negative result and have to wait till your case get the eligibility. I got the acknowledge of my claim on June, 2020 and after a year I had my eligibility interview last week.
Hi
Tha k you so much for your reply.
I feel like to withdraw the claim. Can I do it now?
If yes what are the consequences?
The process is really boring , stressful and long. Meanwhile people keep facing the same issues that push them to apply as refugee

Mo1981

Jun 14, 2021
Hi
Tha k you so much for your reply.
I feel like to withdraw the claim. Can I do it now?
If yes what are the consequences?
The process is really boring , stressful and long. Meanwhile people keep facing the same issues that push them to apply as refugee
Based on IRB website : "If you decide not to continue with your refugee protection claim, you must tell the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) in writing that you are withdrawing your claim. If you withdraw your claim, you will not be permitted to make another claim for refugee protection in Canada. Aug. 29, 2018"

Tiokeng

Jun 29, 2021
Based on IRB website : "If you decide not to continue with your refugee protection claim, you must tell the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) in writing that you are withdrawing your claim. If you withdraw your claim, you will not be permitted to make another claim for refugee protection in Canada. Aug. 29, 2018"
Thanks so much for this information.
If i withdraw will i be able to continue working in Canada since I initially have a work permit? And my visa is like 3 years ?

Mo1981

Jun 14, 2021
Any status and work permit will remain as it was.
Thanks so much for this information.
If i withdraw will i be able to continue working in Canada since I initially have a work permit? And my visa is like 3 years ?
Any status and work permit will remain as it was.

A45

Aug 31, 2018
Hi,I need advice I have applied refugee for my parents last year. Last week I got message from lawyer CBSA schedule interview. In interview CBSA officer asked about them for personal information .They already got refugee claimants document and fingerprints from IRCC in April 2021.Can you please reply .

Progressive

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi everyone, my sister-in-law (SIL) made a refugee claim inside Canada (NOT at the border) in February, she did the medical check-up a week after application and she was assigned a lawyer or representative to work with her on her case. SIL hasn't heard anything from either the representative nor the IRCC directly. She wants to apply for a work permit (WP).

Is it possible to apply for WP at this stage or is she supposed to wait for eligibility interview and then apply?

Things don't seem to be moving fast.

Thanks!

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone, my sister-in-law (SIL) made a refugee claim inside Canada (NOT at the border) in February, she did the medical check-up a week after application and she was assigned a lawyer or representative to work with her on her case. SIL hasn't heard anything from either the representative nor the IRCC directly. She wants to apply for a work permit (WP).

Is it possible to apply for WP at this stage or is she supposed to wait for eligibility interview and then apply?

Things don't seem to be moving fast.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, WP can only be processed after the eligibility interview is done

Karolinna

Jan 31, 2021
Hi, my friend has an interview at the etobicoke office, tell me who recently passed there, how the whole process goes?