+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility Interview and biometrics invitation

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Hi guys thank you so much for the detailed info and sharing the timeline.
I just got RETURN FOR INTERVIEW and biometrics request today through epost.
Based on most of your experience it seems this will be just the biometrics, but I'll be prepared for sure.
I also applied study permit and work permit, it depends on which one comes first. Cross fingers for that.

Vancouver93

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
Hi guys thank you so much for the detailed info and sharing the timeline.
I just got RETURN FOR INTERVIEW and biometrics request today through epost.
Based on most of your experience it seems this will be just the biometrics, but I'll be prepared for sure.
I also applied study permit and work permit, it depends on which one comes first. Cross fingers for that.
When did you submit your application

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
When did you submit your application
It seems really fast on the process compared to my study and work permit process.
I still haven't heard anything back on my study and permit though.
Here is my timeline.

Filled Refugee Claim - March 2021
AOR Medical exam one week after submitted all the doc - March 2021
More documents request - May 2021
Biometrics , notice to return for interview (eligibility interview) next week - June 2021

Jamie90

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
It seems really fast on the process compared to my study and work permit process.
I still haven't heard anything back on my study and permit though.
Here is my timeline.

Filled Refugee Claim - March 2021
AOR Medical exam one week after submitted all the doc - March 2021
More documents request - May 2021
Biometrics , notice to return for interview (eligibility interview) next week - June 2021
Well, it's not actually fast; the reason they sent the biometrics notice is that they have processed all the backlog for biometrics. Now, people are still waiting for eligibility interview; or, I have seen people on this forum applying online and receiving the WP before the interview.

Reactions: Ramrz

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Well, it's not actually fast; the reason they sent the biometrics notice is that they have processed all the backlog for biometrics. Now, people are still waiting for eligibility interview; or, I have seen people on this forum applying online and receiving the WP before the interview.
I'll ask the timeline next week when I go for the biometrics and "interview". I think it maybe depends on the provinces? some provinces got more refugee application than the others. I applied in Alberta. It seems there is less people.

Mo1981

Jun 14, 2021
Hi every body and thank you for all your information.

I got my "Notice To Return For Interview" letter through e-post today, and it has scheduled for next week.

My time line:

June, 2020 Acknowledge
Sep, 2020 Submit BOC
Oct, 2020 Medical (my medical exam get repeated 3 times)
Dec, 2020 Biometric interview
June, 2021 for MDR

Also I applied in Vancouver.

Reactions: Vancouver93

Mem2020

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi every body and thank you for all your information.

I got my "Notice To Return For Interview" letter through e-post today, and it has scheduled for next week.

My time line:

June, 2020 Acknowledge
Sep, 2020 Submit BOC
Oct, 2020 Medical (my medical exam get repeated 3 times)
Dec, 2020 Biometric interview
June, 2021 for MDR

Also I applied in Vancouver.
Thank you for your information, and best of luck for your interview may it goes smooth

Reactions: Mo1981

Ramrz

Jun 16, 2021
I got my acknowledgment on october 2020 and also did my medical on October. Then I had my biometric on march . I don’t know when Im gonna have my eligibility interview. Is anybody know here ? Or having the similar situation

Mem2020

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
I got my acknowledgment on october 2020 and also did my medical on October. Then I had my biometric on march . I don’t know when Im gonna have my eligibility interview. Is anybody know here ? Or having the similar situation
When did you apply?

newstartC

Star Member
May 13, 2021
I got back for my biometrics. Yep, it is not interview. The officer told me to expect my interview in 4 to 6 weeks. Also regards of my study permit, he told me to write a letter to my MP. I may get a quick answer from the local MP than the federal government. I'll start doing so. He didn't tell me about the timeline for my work permit, but told me that is a smart choice to pursue higher education for a better future.

Mo1981

Jun 14, 2021
hello guys.. thanks once again for everyone's posting it always worth it and help others.. my interview was very smooth. asked some personal details and about vacations etc and then ask to wait and handed over id however it took 1 hour 30 minutes but the interview was like 30 minutes rest time was waiting.. Good luck everyone. the officer further said you will get your work permit within 3 to 4 weeks ... keep your address up to date always as IRB contacts on mail only so if any chance misses anything case will abondend etc. it was all good and smooth :) love the welcoming way.
Hi @zak86 hope you are doing well. How long after your interview did you got the work permit?